Your very first releases...

Guest D N H

Guest D N H

Many of us here are addicted to trance vibes much more than a decade. All these years little by little or more by more we've collected plenty of releases, decades or hundreds or even thousands of them.

But can we throw ourselves back in the early beginnings to remember which ones were our first releases (CDs or Vinyls), the ones also that inspired us and passionate us to continue diving into the scene.

xNFwcl7.jpg

It wasn't until about my 2nd year into the scene when I bought my first album after finding Psyshop. I do believe it was Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds. Audialize - Wanted, Prana - Cyclone and Safi Connection - Authentic followed sometime after. I cant remember what exactly I got after Psydrop but those three releases followed shortly.

1993 - Rave 2 - My father bought me this CD................. Although I actually got into psy/goa/prog/techno/trance around 2001 when I went to uni.

I think my first Psy CD was the first Crystal Skulls (Some guys has borrowed it 4 years ago and can't find it.... wanker)

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Rave2/master/479774

Inner City Good Life (Unity Remix - Edit) 4:57 Spooky Don't Panic (Edit) 3:21 Grid, The Crystal Clear (Prankster Prophet Edit) 3:34 State Of Grace* Not Over Yet (Trance Mix - Edit) 4:01 Bizarre Inc Took My Love (Original Flavour Mix - Edit) 3:18 Robin'S* Show Me Love (Stonebridge Club Mix - Edit) 4:01 Matter Don't U Want Some More? (Man's Best Mix) 4:20 Jaydee Plastic Dreams (Single Version) 3:07 Fluke Slid (Glid Edit) 3:45 Shamen* Boss Drum (Justin Robertson Lion Rock Mix - Edit) 5:01 Cappella U Got 2 Know (Original Mix) 3:47 Arizona Slide On The Rhythm (7" Edit) 3:25 Glam Hell's Party (DJ Ricci & DFC Team Mix) 6:57 D.O.P. Party Rockin' (Bangin' Mix - Edit) 5:52 Usura* Open Your Mind (Original Mix - Edit) 3:02 William Orbit Water From A Vine Leaf (Xylem Flow Mix - Edit) 3:36 B.M. EX Appolonia (Shaboo Dub - Edit)

My first goa/psy release ever was Pulse 3. I didn't know any artist and the only thing that convinced me it was a Goa release it was the baba in the cover. The next day someone stole it from my house. So that doesn't count.

My next release (that I still own) was the Distance To Goa 4-6 pack. Funny thing: From all the artists in these 5 cds (pretty much every known Goa artist is featured) I only knew AP and Etnica. Funniest thing: I didn't know what Goa was back then.

Guest D N H

My first goa/psy release ever was Pulse 3. I didn't know any artist and the only thing that convinced me it was a Goa release it was the baba in the cover. The next day someone stole it from my house. So that doesn't count.

^_^ Where do you live? :)

:P

Guest D N H

Some fucker open the window and stole from my desk this one, an Antiloop album and a big beat compilation. And some money.

:( , this shit happened a lot, especially in parties.

Did you purchased again the pulse comp ?

Edit: And that's a reason why some people wrote their names on cd sleeves :unsure:

Guest D N H

For few months i was listening only to homemade tapes with tip, 3d vision, trancentral, lemon, shakta, until i bought Dancing Galaxy. The rest came soon, but i can't remember precisely and more.

UpqX7fp.jpg

I bought my first psy record in 1996, Asia 2001 - Strange Worlds.

Next up was Koxbox - Dragon Tales, VA - 3D (TIP Records) and Sandman - Witchcraft.

Not sure abut the fifth one. I think it was Luminus - Journey Into Your Dream.

I can't remember my first psy vinyl exactly but the first CDs were Yahel - Waves Of Sound, IM - Classical Mushroom, Psysex - Expressions Of Rage and various Artists - Lovefield No Dream But Life. I can stills feel the magic when I first got the albums and was able to listen to the formerly unknown tracks from the parties whenever I liked.

The first goa CD I heard was Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy around september 1997. The first goa CD I bought about a year later was Transwave - Helium (I still have it and won't sell it, ever). What I bought after that (and especially in what order), I can't remember exactly; Dragonfly Classix, Space Tribe's 2 first albums, Hallucinogen's both albums, MFG - New Kind Of World, Dementertainment and Eclipse (Twisted Records), Are You Shpongled? and lots of other CDs aswell.

Guest D N H

No. I think it would be neat to be the last cd I will buy. Like closing the circle.

:blink: and when is this going to happen? Can you even imagine it? Perhaps few days before you die? Or maybe when you start listening to other music exclusively?

Come on, find your first comp and take it! You will feel more complete, you will feel righteous and whole. And this will give you boost.

tumblr_mm3p2blmhh1r72ht7o1_500.gif