Places with lots of noise and with lots and lots of people

radi6404

so I have told here on the forum many times that I absolutely hate this region where I live in germany and try for more than two years to escape now and I want to ask you if you also like to go with reduced perception at places you hate. I will escape probably soon finally, but this place is really a place of hell to me. There are so many people living here in small areas, it is almost like one giant city with forests so if you have to go somewhere and wait at the station it is filled with crying people which really goes on my ears and heart, everything moves very quickly here, people run to the bus as if they donÄ't catch it they will die in acid and cry arround. Anywhere in this city you hear the foreign kids or even German kids who intentinally speak fake German with incorrect Grammar, it sounds so awful that I get annoyed about that, too.

The roads here in this area of Germany (Nürtingen) are all very old and extremly noisy, in Bulgaria the roads are very very quiet and have soft, noise absorbing asphalt, here the asphalt is stable and hard and does not absorb any noise so going out walking at the streeet is a painful experience any time and when I reach home I am overtired and exhausted because of the extreme noise levels by the fucking awful road with so many cars passing by and the asphalt not absorbing any noise. The atmosphere and weather are not the best here since it is not much in the south and the sun is not very strong and it has less colour, the sky is light blue and faded instead of having a full and strong blue like in the south.

The sky itself would not be the biggest problem, altough it is for me a big problem when I know there are plaes with much better sky, but the hectical people, the extreme noise leven everywhere make me feel very bad when I am outside.

So last year I had a time where my ears were closed and had to be cleaned profesiionally in order to hear better. I heart much less and somehow it was very different, it was pretty quiet and I ahd reduced perception, the noise of the cars did not hit me with full impact and also the idiots running and crying in the trains and buses was not that bad.

I have no explanation why people here are like that, in Bulgaria and any other more soutehr country people are much slower, they enter the bus slowly, get in the train slowly and the buses and trains always wait long time at the stations, This place here is definatly not for anyone, if you have good ears you will get exhausted even with normal things, the speed of everything here and the noise is something not in sync with me, do some have similar issues?

this place here is one definition of hell to me.

All I can say is maybe it helps if you use earplugs so you won't hear the noise as good as you do now. Or listen to music on an MP3-player when you go outside..

I never lived outside the city and I don't know it any better. I don't mind the noise tho. But for me the slow walking people are a bigger problem than the fast ones. I need to get stuff done in time, go to work, do whatever (unless I'm on a walk) and if people nearly fall asleep in front of me it pisses me off a lot.

I can understand your problems with overcrowded places and the overall hectic nature of people. I've never been to the area you've mentioned, but you definitely shouldn't visit Hamburg, especially at night - it's a terribly chaotic and hectic city, at least in my perception. On the whole, your description sounds as though you're suffering from sensory overloads. As Tatsu said, you can at least shut out the noise to an acceptable degree by using proper in-ears. You'll need to invest some money if you want good ones, but I really wouldn't want to live without mine anymore. Every time I take them out after an extended listening period and I'm still ouside, close to a road etc., I'm shocked at how much noise we're surroundded by all the time. But this contrast also shows that the in-ears do filter out quite a bit. I can recommend these: http://www.amazon.de/Aud%C3%A9o-PFE-112-In-Ear-Kopfh%C3%B6rer-schwarz/dp/B004991ROQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1370534075&sr=8-3&keywords=phonak+audeo

Alternatively, go to pharmacy and ask them to order Noton earplugs for you - I started using them for sleeping and they are very effective. You get three pairs for under 4 euros, that's well worth the investion. Of course, all of this won't take away the overall impression of people being hectic.

Man... You've never been to London I guess.... Now that's a place were people are on the run... It's one of the reasons I left London, I couldn't stand all the ppl running to nowhere.

the people in london are sparse and rather chill or walk around aimlessly if you compare london to singapore (at least the predominantly chinese areas near the city center). i've never seen more people per square metre on the streets (not even in india) if you stop for a second you'll immediately block the path of someone (or possibly the path of 20 people). but singapore much less noisy and much more controlled and organized than india (or europe for that matter)

the people in london are sparse and rather chill or walk around aimlessly if you compare london to singapore (at least the predominantly chinese areas near the city center). i've never seen more people per square metre on the streets (not even in india) if you stop for a second you'll immediately block the path of someone (or possibly the path of 20 people). but singapore much less noisy and much more controlled and organized than india (or europe for that matter)

Coincidentally, I've been to all the places you are mentioning so I can compare

The chaos in India has to do with the HUGE amount of people doing whatever comes to their head... I call it "happy chaos" (as per the Psychaos track).. It's not so much a matter of people running to do something.

In Bangok again it's a huge amount of people but they are obeying the street code,there are large pavements and barriers but they are pretty chilled out in terms of their attitude

I agree, Singapore (only been there for 2 days) exceeds even Tokyo in terms of people running to wherever...

I could not stand that at all. The biggest problem I have however is when the roads and everything is small with narrow sidewalks, narrow podestrian zone and everything smal and narrow in order to have lots of buildings and industry in the town, just like it is in this gross area of Baden- Würtenberg, which does not even have lots of forests because there is one town to the other and I really really hate that.

I was away with my father bringing some furniture to people in Bavaria and there is no comparison. Big forests, big free areas with meadows and no houses. The houses in the towns are not closely one to the toher but you have air to breath between them and the sidewalks, the roads, everything is huge, Bavaria is no comparison to Baden- Württenberg. I guess that is why it is called Freistaat Bayern, because people have air to breath there and do not hae to see 1 000 000 people every day in the tiny train station.

This area of Baden- Württenberg is really really gross gross gross.

But Bavaria is the best place in Germany anyway, lots of solar fields, wind rotorblades, here there are no solar fields at all in this shithole. The trafficlights in Bavaria are big and new, they are of the new kind with strong light signals, all traffic lights in this gross area here are very old and you can not see the light when the sun is strong, most roads are at least 30 years old.

Coincidentally, I've been to all the places you are mentioning so I can compare

The chaos in India has to do with the HUGE amount of people doing whatever comes to their head... I call it "happy chaos" (as per the Psychaos track).. It's not so much a matter of people running to do something.

In Bangok again it's a huge amount of people but they are obeying the street code,there are large pavements and barriers but they are pretty chilled out in terms of their attitude

I agree, Singapore (only been there for 2 days) exceeds even Tokyo in terms of people running to wherever...

absolutely. bangkok is really relaxed in this respect (as much as a city of that size can be) compared to most other large cities in asia. i suspect vientiane would be even more relaxed and moving at a slower pace if it were the same size, but at not even 1 million inhabitants there's no comparison :)

A few days ago I had to go out for two days or so and do stuff in the town and it was expliding as usual. The extrem level of noise makes me sick. The roads are of worst quality possible so they enhance the noise and it is even much louder. Every time I go there it worse than a nightmare. I can't stand when a town is expliding like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that. People in developped countries rush for everything, they work very fast (this is also why they are rich countries). In southern countries, people take more time to liven, they have families, time to eat, etc. This leads to all kinds of mental illnesses up north such as burnout syndrome, depression, general anxiety, OCD, ADD and such symptoms you describe. In my case, when I am far from the city, I feel well. As soon as I come back home, I'm sick again. In your case, plan for change. Don't stay in that situation. This requires effort and creativity but come up with a project that works for you to stay away from that freak world, while still sustaining yourself financially.

I think I will return to Bulgaria for this reason. I can do a lot of things but it is the question whether they will take me for a job or not. In Germany it is very hard to get a job if you do not have qualifications prooven by some school or apprenticeship. So they ignore my ability to speak English well, my great communication skills and my good computer skills. I wish they would not, since I have good communication skills and can talk to people well.

And that is really a big shame. it is understandable that the bosses must have something to count on, but I think any intelligent person can see trhough the wrods in an application if a certain person is interesting and has teh skills or does not. Any intelligent person would also know that a degree and especially the marks recieved at school are not everything since school marks are influenced by many factors, some school of the same kind have different difficulty categroei, since teachers decide tehmselfes how the tests look like. So on that people recieve their marks. I think bosses here are dumb to judge only school marks, since they proove nothing, the person might have changed after years and could have been lazy at school but then changed to the better.

At the company I work for, those who have the lowest salaries are the ones who work most.

I think that is a universal thing heh..

But Radi perhaps try getting into whatever it is you are from a lower/lesser role somehow? Sometimes just working at a company as a cleaner or reception or whatever could lead to a job u want there. A foot in the door if that makes sense.

I agree with the foot in the door technique. There are companies that have a special status where they are managed by their own employees and the manager, elected by the employees, is paid extra only for the extra hours he works managing the company. I worked for such a company a few years ago, the quality of the environment and relationships are better. You feel you work for yourself.

In Germany I did not see such a company yet. I really don't understand how school marks can be everything for the job employers and what you have learned after that by yourself or with courses does not matter at all. Good English knowledge does not matter aswell, many Germans speak English with accent and pretty bad but they don't care about English knowledge. It is really hard to understand, but that is how it is.

Seriously, you're sometimes writing such nonsense, radi, I cannot believe that you actually mean it!

Baden-Württemberg is one of the states in Germany with the most wooden areas, probably even more than Bavaria. It is famous among tourists for its great landscapes and beautiful nature!

"Freistaat" has absolutely nothing to do with people breathing fresh air or not having to see lots of others at a train station.

I won't even begin to explain the meaning of it, but do yourself a favor and look it up.

I know it does not mean Freistaat for that, how foolish do you think I am? But it is definatly true that Bavaria is far less populated tahn Baden- Württenberg, no matter if you will agree on that or not, but you can even look it up, how many big cities there are and how many dense areas? In Baden- Württeberg the dense areas are a lot, especially arround Stuttgart it is like a big town 50 kilometers in radius. One city with 1000 000 cticiens to the other. Houses close to each other, not many Green areas and the vegetation is not dense at all. Concrete everywhere.

Anyway you can't tell where it is densely populated and where not since you have not visited neither o f the two states and I frequently visit Baden- Württenberg and Bayern so I know the difference.

Baden- W+rttenberg mostly has it's wooden areas tahnks to the black forest which has a lot of trees but it surely is not everywhere like that.

I would suggest searching for a simple job with not too many requirements (then you can progress inside the company when they find out you're skilled), work in the outskirts of a medium-sized city, and live further away from the city, not too far from your work. You should be less affected from the crowd.