exotic

Some folks here have interesting ones. It would be nice to have them explain whats going on in their avatar, what does it mean , why did they get it etc

mine is pretty simle , doesnt need any explanation.

My avatar is a picture of Audeze LCD2 headphones plugged into a Violectric V200 headphone amplifier. It's the setup I'm using to listen to music at high volumes when I don't want to piss off neighbours, like late at night or very early in the morning. Usually I vastly prefer the freedom of movement and naturalness of sound that speakers provide, though.

Some folks here have interesting ones. It would be nice to have them explain whats going on in their avatar, what does it mean , why did they get it etc

mine is pretty simle , doesnt need any explanation.

Well incase anyone doesnt know yours.. it is volume 18 from YSE records right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIIo7L6tdJ0

Sorry to rant BUT to be honest, I never bought or will buy a release from them because they label everything goa trance as if its a selling point. In my eyes at least. They have so many different volumes/stories each with a different 'goa trance' name. Not for me if its not the real thing and usually boring prog. Also their compilations were usually made up of songs on other compilations which I preferred to own.

I'm curious about K-BAN's cheetahmen avatar.

hahaha! I'm glad both of you have shown interest. You are close with the name.. my avatar is Cheetor. Are you two familiar with Beast Wars? I know in Canada it was called Beasties so maybe overseas too?? It was a spin-off transformers show that aired in '96 and had 3 total seasons. An all CG show. The same studio, Mainframe Entertainment did Reboot. We have it here on Netflix. I know Netflix is spreading in the world so if you have an account, watch it 8) I grew up with this show and it was badass. Still had mature situations and good content for kids before things got too strict on what is mature enough for kids. The last episodes of each season are intense! ;D Lots of episodes, maybe all, are on youtube.

here is Cheetor!

1282889361_9584_full.jpeg

1383627-cheetor.jpg

Cheetorwow.jpg

if you have 22 minutes watch this one in season 2. ya wont know what the hell is going on but this was the saddest episode for me as a kid. one of the good guys goes on a suicide mission. its kind of poetic. Cheetor looks different at the start of season 2 because of some alien transformation. long story. had to do with an alien explosion from the moon, ahaha!

Now Ormion, you never answered ;p your avatar??

edit: A B.Wars scene coming to mind I always like... 18:05 ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ABLYvo9o4

and

the final fight between two rivals which led to their deaths. 2nd to last episode ever!! ;p 17:00 intense! love the music too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vef6ty2R3iU

I'll shut up now haha!

Well incase anyone doesnt know yours.. it is volume 18 from YSE records right?

Sorry to rant BUT to be honest, I never bought or will buy a release from them because they label everything goa trance as if its a selling point. In my eyes at least. They have so many different volumes/stories each with a different 'goa trance' name. Not for me if its not the real thing and usually boring prog. Also their compilations were usually made up of songs on other compilations which I preferred to own.

I used it because it is one of the first google images for Goa trance . I knew it was a cover for some compilation but didn't pay much attention . thanks to you i know now which one.

I used it because it is one of the first google images for Goa trance . I knew it was a cover for some compilation but didn't pay much attention . thanks to you i know now which one.

I figured as much 8) People on this forum are wise and would know the deal with YSE ;p

If you feel your identity here isn't too tied to that avatar, make a custom 'GOA' one :) I did once and just had a simple microsoft paint project, haha!

One night lord Cthulhu visited me in my dream. He told me that from now on I have to use him as an avatar otherwise he will tentacle rape me.

I didn't want to be tentacle raped.

Mine is Captain Planet, from a cheesey, feel-good kid's show about super heroes who save the planet. I used to watch it when I was a kid. I love how dorky he looks, and the awesome super hero pose!

"Captain Planet, he's our hero! Going to take pollution down to zero!"

THEME SONG ;p

Yup, I watched the show too. 8) so cheesey and good! I haven't seen it in yeaaaarsss... (searches up clips)

I've heard that his powers come from his mullet.

I used one when I was a teenager, along with dayglo t-shirts and pants, it was the latest fashion then :D . It felt good, I wish it could make a comeback. It would be glorious!

Mine is just a photo of a boy I once saw in an article. His smile (that we can't see here, unfortunately), was so contagious that I decided to use it as my avatar in some forums. But I am about to change it, I like to change from times to times. Next will be my French bulldog when she was the sweetest puppy in the world.

That looks like an Arthur Rackham picture, his artwork was fantastic.

Actually, it's by Mucha, but I can see the similarity.

By the way, if you like Rackham then you should check out the work of Sidney H. Sime, another illustrator and a contempary of Rackham. He's not as famous but he's great:

drug.jpg

zX6BQlS.jpg

ss23.jpgss24.jpgss18.jpg

SimePegana.jpg

My avatar is part of a photograph I took many years ago, and I've been using it on various forums for almost as long as I can think. I just liked the poetic absurdness of a pottery sun with snow on top. The very same pottery sun even inspired me to a line in a poem back then when I was still an active writer, so the whole image just became a part of me somehow, on various levels. I originally planned to use it for some CD artwork.

hahaha! I'm glad both of you have shown interest. You are close with the name.. my avatar is Cheetor. Are you two familiar with Beast Wars?

Oh, man, I REMEMBER BEAST WARS! That was actually fucking awesome cartoon, I watched it in my early teens/mid teens, very cool transforming robots beating the shit out of each other and none of that sissy stuff there, real robots beating the shit out of each other, man, nice memories :D!