You're two favorite album of Goa & Psytrance

darkill

If you had to choose only two album, more exactly, one of Goa-trance kind (Means nitzhonot and nitzhogoa are include in it) and the other one of Psy-trance kind (It means fullon, dark-psytrance and progressive psytrance are include in it), what would it be ?

My personnal choice :

For Goa-trance : Blue Energy, from Jaïa

From Psy-trance : Adaptation, from Phobia (Guest most of you probably never heard of it, but it's very good)

sheesh...

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Audialize - Wanted

I choose these because both floored me soooooo much! They were practicly life-changing ;p

Goa: Pleiadians - I.F.O. (although I have to admit Etnica - Live In Athens 1996 is getting closer and closer to that spot...)

Psy: Probably Psykovsky - Da Budet beause I'm still impressed by it and it was the first psy/goa cd I ever bought.

Goa: Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

For me it's the definition of everything Goa Trance stands for and it's impossible to exaggerate on the importance, quality, style and magic of this release. Even today it still mesmerizes me every time I listen to it.

Psy: Cybernetika - Nanospheric

This was A LOT harder to decide. But anyways, like I've said before, the guy's madly talented and the sci-fi touch of his productions is second to none.

Goa Etnica-Alien Protein

psy X Dream-Radio BUT if u mean newer stuff Klopfgeister-Sweet Compromise (proggy)

By psy-trance I do not especialy mean newer stuff.

To clarify it, let me give you some example :

For me, "The gathering", from infected mushroom, is a psy-trance album and you can't really say it's new (1999 -> 14 year old...)

But of course psytrance is now much more present in actual scene then it was in the past...And of course I didn't separate Full on And psytrance ^^

I'm relatively new to Goa and Psytrance and haven't heard that many albums so far, so my choices are likely to change over time. As for Goa. I'm having a hard time deciding between Astral Projection - Another World and Cosmosis - Cosmology, but tend to choose the latter right now. For Psy, the decision is easier: Deviant Species - The Quest for Balojax all the way. This album doesn't cease to impress me, it's incredibly deep, intricate and hypnotic. I haven't heard anything quite lke it.

Too bad noone sees Boris Blenn as the master of goa trance.

He's awesome, he's a nice guy and has produced some incredible masterpieces. But imo there are only two tracks which can compare to the best AP tracks, and those would be "One Love" by Electric Universe and "Portamento" under the Boris Blenn moniker.

BUT, as far as the amount of killllaaaargh tracks on ONE album is concerned, how could one possibly beat this?

1. Kabalah

2. Enlightened Evolution

3. The Feelings

4. Utopia

5. Black and White

6. People Can Fly

7. Radial Blur (with MFG!)

8. Aurora Borealis

9. Still Dreaming (Anything Can Happen)

Imo there might be three albums who can rival this tracklist, two of them are made by AP as well: Dancing Galaxy and as d.leerium (by the way, welcome!) posted, Another World. The third one could be I.F.O.

So while Boris is - some would say WAS - an excellent producer, he never managed to release a single album of such outstanding quality as the ones I mentioned. At least imo, that is...

BUT, as far as the amount of killllaaaargh tracks on ONE album is concerned, how could one possibly beat this?

1. Kabalah

2. Enlightened Evolution

3. The Feelings

4. Utopia

5. Black and White

6. People Can Fly

7. Radial Blur (with MFG!)

8. Aurora Borealis

9. Still Dreaming (Anything Can Happen)

Do you mean Black and White, the artist of Psy-trance who realized such thing like 20 for 7 ?

-----

Edit

Shame on me, it's black and white, the song by Astral Projection from the album Trust in Trance.

Sorry for my mistake lol

Cosma - Nonstop

Chi-A.D. - Infinitism

Juno Reactor - Bible Of Dreams

Prana - Geomantik

:wub:

There's 4 ! The rules is one Goa trance and one Psy-trance ! You must make a choose haha !

Thanx all for participating, it give me idea of what to listen ;)

Hard decisions, but I'd say:

Goa: Astral Projection - Trust in Trance (and their In The Mix double album too)

Psy: X-Dream - Radio.

First was a jaw dropping thing when it was released. Second introduced me to tech-trance (old school I mean), which is my favorite genre.

Hard decisions, but I'd say:

Goa: Astral Projection - Trust in Trance (and their In The Mix double album too)

Psy: X-Dream - Radio.

First was a jaw dropping thing when it was released. Second introduced me to tech-trance (old school I mean), which is my favorite genre.

Trust in Trance from AP is such a classic one ! I would also have choosen it...if Blue energy from Jaia weren't that good :P

I can't say much on Radio from X-dream since I know less this project, but I will soon listen to this album to have some opinion on it

Imo there might be three albums who can rival this tracklist, two of them are made by AP as well: Dancing Galaxy and as d.leerium (by the way, welcome!) posted, Another World.

Thanks! :)

I'm not that familiar with "Trust in Trance" so far, in fact I've only heard it once since I don't have it on CD yet, but it seemed to be at least as good as "Another World". Haven't heard "Dancing Galaxy" yet. It seems that I've come a bit late to get such old classics on CD for a reasonable price. :/

Too bad noone sees Boris Blenn as the master of goa trance.

you're wrong! I do too! He has been the most consistent over the years. I'm a huge fan! My only complaint is enough of the "psytar" tracks. Keep doing that psychedelic ear punching stuff you're good at, Boris. ;D

Goa - Hallucinogen - "Twisted" (though that might be psytrance more yea?)

Psytrance - Hux Flux - "Cryptic Crunch"

Picking my favorite psytrance album is super difficult, much more than my favorite goa album (though there are a lot of goa tracks I love)

BTW I've never even heard of Klopfgeister, but the samples of that album listed sound badass!

goa: GNOTR - Rock Bitch Mafia

Green Nuns high five! (smack!)

gives me an idea for a thread but will search an existing one first....