yfFwxEW.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: The King of Nothing

Label: Neurotrance Records

Date: April, 2011

01 - Fuzzonaut - Flashback (145 BPM)
02 - Oberon - Loosing Control (142 BPM)
03 - N.O.X.Y. - Quick Turn (145 BPM)
04 - Rigel - Voltage Controlled Freak (145 BPM)
05 - Le Guide - Mantrance (146 BPM)
06 - Deep South - Gaia Power (148 BPM)
07 - Erofex - The End (147 BPM)
08 - Wizack Twizack - Razors And Ice Cream (System Sequence Remix) (150 BPM)
09 - Organikka - Dreams (148 BPM)
10 - H1N1 - We Have All Power (147 BPM)
11 - Malice In Wonderland & Electrypnose - Los Viajeros (143 BPM)
12 - Clean Trip - Wrong Serenade (143 BPM)
13 - Oblivion vs Psoma - Psychopsomatics (145 BPM)
14 - Wizack Twizack - Pumpen (146 BPM)
15 - Hanuman - Darkness In My Room (147 BPM)
16 - Erofex & Oxezy - Power History (150 BPM)
17 - Box Of Evil - Against The Evil (152 BPM)
18 - Dark Fox - Better Stronger Faster (150 BPM)
19 - Paranoiac - Just A Tiny Taste (148 BPM)
20 - Plaxius - Indigo Patrol (183 BPM)

Wow this is a big one. It's a lot to digest so I'll just try and throw some bullet points at you. This is a dark themed compilation that is free at Ektoplazm. Such a giver that guy. In the beginning while still dark it's more accessible night time full-on. As you get deeper into this it becomes more heavy. Darker. Ending with what can only be described as darkpsy composed while riding a speeding bullet.

Flashback sounded crystal clear with great production and who the hell doesn't want more Mario Brothers?

GnKkx8m.jpg

Loosing Control didn't, it was steady and monotonous.

Quick Turn isn't very quick at almost 10 minutes and while I like it's gurgling style it needs more evolution.

Voltage Controlled Freak is mediocre full-on.

Mantrance is a really stupid name for this boring track. There is nothing "man" about it unless it's wearing a dirty wife beater while sleeping on the couch watching Beavis and Butthead amidst half empty pizza boxes.

Gaia Power really descended into the moaning of a female. And not the good kind.

The End doesn't get here fast enough. Filler.

Razors & Ice Cream (System Sequence mix)- The original was great from his 2nd album Dead End and this is a worthy remix. Full of power and acid.

Dreams- "I think it's become clear that our sinful ways have damaged the boundary between the living and the dead."

IDc9ZkD.gifk3bRR2W.gif

If you're going do dream, do it big I say. Do you think he went Gameboy first? Amateur.

This hits the twilight button with lots of lasers. You like lasers.

We Have all the Power is more proper twilight psytrance with acid flying all over the place and bundles of high energy. One of the best here marred only by that painful buildup near the end.

Los Viajeros leans a little on the minimal side, but it eventually wakes up and becomes quite psychedelic.

Wrong Serenade- "Give her a little serenade, make her feel at home."

You wanna make her feel at home ask her what's for dinner.

Psychopsomatics- the people behind this one spent too much time trying to manually tune into a radio station. Meh.

Pumpen by Mr. Swedish Nightmare Tommy Axelsson keeps it dark with lots of echoing sounds and effects. Good one.

Darkness in my room is really dark. If hell had a soundtrack it might sound like this.

Power History is comprised of rumbly basses and Artifakt like abrasive sounds. Liked the funky breakbeat.

Against the Evil by Box of Evil...what do you think it's gonna sound like? Surprise! It wasn't as evil as I thought it would be. More twilight in style with too many stops and starts. There's still screaming samples in it if you like that sort of thing.

Better Stronger Faster- "We have the technology..."

NffO7nc.jpg

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Not bad darkpsy track at all.

Just a Tiny Taste is a spooky and eerie darkpsy-esque track with some haunting strings. Just a small taste of what it would be like to get lost in an insane asylum after the inmates somehow got out.

Indigo Patrol is an exercise in speed. This is what someone on cocaine must feel like after 5 espressos. With a rocket surgically placed in his rectum. Super fast with sounds coming at you from all sides. By the time it was over I needed a cool down. Interesting to listen to, but not my cup of tea.

I didn't think this was so great. Of course darkpsy ain't exactly my thing. All the comments are overwhelmingly positive, so those posting seem to follow the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra.

Aren't you lucky I don't subscribe to that point of view.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk