Label : Goa-Trance.com

Date : 08 May 2013

Genre : Goa trance

Tracklist :

1. Afgin - Goa Ahead

2. Goasia - Sundance

3. Indoor - Bom Shankar

4. Radical Distortion - Asinar

5. S.U.N. Project - Out of my brain (Old school mix)

6. Liquid Flow - Subconscious Minds

7. Laughing Skull - The Shine Side

8. Omnivox - Corona

9. Blue Planet Corporation Alidade (Classical Mix)

Review :

And here we go ! Goa-trance.com, which is at start just a facebook group, decided to contact some artist to release a compilaton of Goa trance song.

So what you will find on this compilation will mostly be Newschool Goa trance song.

One more thing to add : it's a limited edition (500 CD only).

Afgin - Goa head :

Compilation begins with this track from Afgin and I've to say I've seen better work from him. However, this ain't a bad track : a loud kick, some nice melody all along the song, by exemple at 4:41. Well, not an awesome track but not a bad track neither !

Goasia - Sundance :

Sundance ! Ahh ! I don't know about you, but the sound wich start the song make me think of a desert, at midday, where the sun is so strong that nothing else resist to him !

Then, the song continue with a nice melody (Ok, some of you will say it's a bit cheesy, cmon guys that doesn't sound bad !) and an energizing rythmic ! Then it continue with other melodies !

The melodies are very oriental-like tunes, and for this compilation, it just fit perfectly ! Not necessery to say more about this track, that's a good one from Goasia !

Indoor - Bom Shankar :

This is the kind of track, you only need to hear the kick, the bass and the intro to know it's gonna be an amazing release !

And that's it ! Bom Shankar, from Indoor, start with a nice and strong kick, accompanied with nice bassline. There's a kind of goa tune in background, and then comme the main melody : WAOUV ! A very nice melody, which one give a "dark" aspect to this track (Nothing to do with dark psytrance...). Then you got another melody, Im not going to give you the entire description of the song, just to say you, the melodies are very nice, fits very well with the kick & bass, the song got a nice structure, the intro is nice, the tune are also awesome....I personnaly think it's the best track of this compilation !

Radical Distortion - Asinar :

A short intro and a powerfull kick for this track ! And it fast comes with melodies ! What to say about this song ? Well, there's some nice Melodies (haha you're going to tell me I've said it for every track but damn isn't that true ?!), and I like how some break are made. For example, at 4:14. Oh and I forgot about the bassline, wich is quite nice ! That's it, not an amazing but a good track !

S.U.N. Project - Out of my brain (Old school mix) :

As this is an Old school Mix, I decided to listen to the original mix before review this one. So let's be honest : the original one is a nice psy-trance track (altought I consider it has a goa kick, the melody are more psytrance than goa). I've heard a lot of old school goa song remixed in psy-trance or progressive psy-trance, but i've rarely (to be honest never) heard the opposite. And that's what we got with this old school mix.

So, it start with a nice kick and pretty simple but nice bassline. Than come the main tune, this guitar melody, which is very nice and change of the oriental-like melody used in the other song, but not very different of the original mix. Where it does change, it's how the melody is re-used in the other part of the song, it's very well used, the structure make it more goa-trance like, a nice work so. Only little thing : the damned melody starting at 4:36 !!! Guys, im Sorry to have to say that, but it sound like butchering an ostrich :wacko:

Except that, it's a good overall track, with good guitar tune.

Liquid Flow - Subconscious Minds :

A good track, with dynamic melody and strong kick. You know it sound a bit like those nitzhonot tune : it goes a bit "everywhere", but in this goa trance song, the melody are well compacted, I means they do fit with the structure of the track.To be honest, one of the reason why I bought the compil', is that I heard a preview of every track and the preview of this one just amazed me !

Laughing Skull - The Shine Side :

A nice song, with deep and powerfull melodies ! The one starting at 3:46 is just amazing, the best of the entire album for me ! You can also hear a very short voice sample at end of the track, if I state it it's because there's very very few voice sample in this compilation !

There's a nice outro. A nice song overall, the second best one of the compilation for me !

Omnivox - Corona :

I am a bit disappointed of this song. I find the first melody cheesy, however the other one are ok, it's just this first one, who come back several time in the song which doesn't sound great to me. There's a nice break in the middle/end of the track, then it slowly grow up and when you're at the top, here come a damned melody...Yes, this cheesy melody ! That's seriously the "black point" of this track, except that, it's an okey track ! At the end of the track this cheesy melody is even being better !

Blue Planet Corporation Alidade (Classical Mix) :

Here we go with last track of this compil' !

First of all, I like the introduction, slowly growing, but slowly being strong, with nice tune ! Well, this is a Classical Mix, I don't know what the "classical" stand for, I just saw that the original Mix was longer than this one, and had a different mastering, a longer intro...(To be honest I didn't listen to the entire original mix, I know this is a classic for goa trance, but excuse me there's so much to listen in the psychedelic trance!).

So, to make it short, it's a very nice track, very soft, with those piano melodies, this pretty nice kick and this soft atmosphere ! It make me think a bit about "Jaia - Mai Mai", but in a different way ! As mai mai, it's very soft and relaxing, but there's no voice sample.

So, a pretty nice track, which fit well for a compilation ending.

Overall :

Goa trance Revolution is a very good newschool goa trance compilation !

If you like newschool goa trance, I strongly recommend it, it has nice melodies !

If you're more an oldschool goa trance fan, I still recommend it, because you know, there's not much newschool goa trance compilation and this one is the perfect example of what newschool goa trance is !

To buy it :

Bandcamp

Discogs

Suntrip

Wow, S.U.N. Project huh? Man, that takes me waaayyy back. (well ok, to two years ago when I started listening to him, but still I like to lie about my age on the internet and act like 40 years old)

My only feedback to your review would be to cut back on the exclamation points. Everything else is great and I find the ostrich part hilarious. Thanks for the review!

My only feedback to your review would be to cut back on the exclamation points. Everything else is great and I find the ostrich part hilarious. Thanks for the review!

Well, now that you say it, I must admit that I've over used the exclamation points. There's like two every lines lol !

Thanx for your appreciation, I was afraid people found this review too long and uninteresting but I see it wasn't the case !

LOL, man I find myself making my reviews wayyy longer. Don't worry about what other people are going to think, just let your words flow and your style will keep getting better and better. This review is a great length, in my opinion.

Yay, thanx. I was surprised that nobody already made a review of it ! Took me some time to make it but I really wanted to share my point of view on this great compilation.

Im probably gonna make some other review.

Wait, that Indoor track is a new one? :blink:

Well, as I discovered Indoor with this compilation, I went to discogs in order to see if this track was already realized on another CD. And of what I saw in discogs the answer is no, but I might be wrong. So yes, it look like it's a new one from indoor !

Nice review :)

Thank you, appreciation are always welcome when you spent lot of time on review :)

I really love this compilation. This is how I like my newschool best...lots of melodies, lots of power, energy, etc. Laughing Skull is a god.

Completly agree on this ; this is how newschool goa should be for me....And yeah, definitly I think Laughing Skull is a very good track, as I said second best of this compilation for me

Indoor - Bom Shankar is a track from the 90s, and early ages... :)

They did release it for the first time now but the melody was also used in California Sunshine - The Sound Of Goa (2010) because Miko also took part in the composition of this tune back then (on DAT the track circulated as Avi + Miko - Bom Shankar). I was very happy they finally released it!

Regarding BPC, darkill, you should listen to the original mix, it is lacking the "classical music" part, as you will discover, so it is different from the original and a nice interesting discovery, I have never heard of this mix before and I am happy they released it!

Thanks to the label for reviving the memories and bringing us more goa trance, a solid VA that I recommend everyone to have.

Indoor - Bom Shankar is a track from the 90s, and early ages... :)

They did release it for the first time now but the melody was also used in California Sunshine - The Sound Of Goa (2010) because Miko also took part in the composition of this tune back then (on DAT the track circulated as Avi + Miko - Bom Shankar). I was very happy they finally released it!

Regarding BPC, darkill, you should listen to the original mix, it is lacking the "classical music" part, as you will discover, so it is different from the original and a nice interesting discovery, I have never heard of this mix before and I am happy they released it!

Thanks to the label for reviving the memories and bringing us more goa trance, a solid VA that I recommend everyone to have.

Waouv, thanx for those informations !

I really didn't know all that about this Bom Shankar track. Im listening right now to The sound of Goa by California Sunshine as you recommanded me and I must say this is just amazing ! I even like it more than the Bom shankar track, from Indoor !

If I get it, they made Boom Shankar with Indoor and than California Sunshine decided to take back the melody to make a new track, The sound of Goa ?

Correct me if Im wrong, I don't know all those Goa trance project very well

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

qeQinp6.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Goa Trance Revolution

Label: Goa Trance.com

Date: May, 2013

1. Afgin - Goa Head

2. Goasia - Sundance

3. Indoor - Bom Shankar

4. Radical Distortion - Asinar

5. S.U.N. Project - Out of my brain (Old school mix)

6. Liquid Flow - Subconscious Minds

7. Laughing Skull - The Shine Side

8. Omnivox - Corona

9. Blue Planet Corporation Alidade (Classical Mix)

8tYdZ0q.gif

I can't do it.

"Don't feel bad. I'd guess that the majority of 5'4" men can't dunk a basketball."

What? Not that.

"Then why don't you just go up to her and ask her? She might surprise you."

Are you serious? Have you seen my wife? She's a piece man. No that's not it either.

"Then what dude?"

I...I can't, I cant...

*takes deep breath*

I can't pay $20 for this CD. Just can't do it. I mean...I want it. I wanna buy it. After listening to the samples it sounds great without a bad track. Melodic, powerful...hell everything you could want in a goa trance compilation. Even a remix of Alidade. But the days of paying 20 bucks for a CD are over. No matter how much I want to support the scene. Know what the irony is?

"That you are a total pussy."

Funny. That I have an order with Psyshop and Beatspace each totaling about $100. I just can't justify spending 20 on one disc.

"Quit being a b*tch and just pay da man. Pay him! It's 20 bucks yeah, but you would just spend that on burgers and fries anyway. This way you get something you collect that will continue to bring joy."

I guess you're right. All the tracks are good. It sounds great and it seems kinda silly b*tching over 20 bucks when I'm spending 200 elsewhere. Ok, I'll do it.

"Cool. And I will only charge you $10 not to tell your wife you're spending $20 on a CD."

F*ck you!

Bandcamp

Mdk

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I actually just ordered it and it arrived about a week ago. This is a fabulous compilation of goa trance that continuously pushes the power ever forward. Melodies bleed like a head wound and I even like the California Sunshine track. Bom Shankar is super and when are we going to get a full length out of Laughing Skull?

Great comp. $20 bucks well spent.

MDK