The harsh reality... Why Psytrance has become shit

Anoebis

I'll post my opinion on the subject.

Maybe the listener himself has changed, and by that I mean the impact this music has on him. Why? Brain chemistry related to the passing of Time, perception changes, life changes.

Hell yes though, the music has changed. And by that, I mean objective differences. Golden Era had tunes that stood out because of certain characteristics: raw sound, distinct layers, varied basslines, different approach by each artist - this lead to less 'saturation' of the genre, less formulaic sequences, a shit load of different fx and sounds, and those goddamn mother Fucking melodies that would get beneath your skin and make your hair stand on end!

Long story short, psy trance has changed. Did it become better or worse? Who cares, I just don't like it (mostly).

I just miss the days when you listened to a track and were like this:

:D :D :D

• Like 1

I don't have any idols so there's not really much to destroy :P

Art is most often fuelled by some level of decadence, so it's quite understandable (even if I personally don't endorse it).

I too, do not have any idols, however Nova Fractal is slowly entering that space! But still not enough to consider him an idol, but if anyone, regarding psy, it would be him.

Nonetheless I appreciate the great art some artists produce and I throw out positive comments for my love of these artists all over the place and thats fine, so its not like im gonna go all fanboy when someone talks trash on Filteria for example, as I chose to just not reply and it doesnt bother me personally.

So Colin - Share away. If anyone gets butthurt over it, we would just have a good laugh.

So bring it!

• Like 1

:D :D :D

LOL. Thats how I feel regarding alot of releases nowadays and its amaaaazing cause its been soooo long that too much boring goatrance came out, and now its just, amazing stuff all over the place and from new artists still perfecting the craft. Exciting times ahead of us, I guarantee it.

Nova Fractals next album, if he ever makes one, and I know if he does, will take a LONG time to complete, but IF he choses to make another album, I can almost Guarantee that I will consider it Amongst the best. That guy is like Simon and AP in that regard. ANything he does it automatically good, then HOW good, depends on the track.

Artifact303 is in the works on his new, and Im sure Jannis is aswell, at least as KOB and I look forward to anything coming from Jannis, since his tracks are ALWAYS intelligently sequenced and written, even if it doesnt turn out the way he intended, always, you can still hear that the track has a true goal and aim, and that Jannis is a very skillful and intelligent person.

His latest album I thought was geniously produced, but still, sadly, only a few tracks gets plays still, and not very often. And its a shame.

Its strange. Some tracks you dont find that good in most regards, and the production can be poor - but they are still tracks you listen to alot.

And some of the tracks on Filterias latest album were like that. On some tracks I was like "ok, i totally see what you did there and that took some serious skill." but thats about it.

Its like a piece of art that I put on my wall because its great, but then never look at it.

Oh well. The amount of legendary cushy goatrance the guy has made far exceeds the fact that there are also many medoicre tracks.

The few quality ones outweigh by FAR, the lesser ones.

For example, four of his most underrated tracks are IMO "wormhole", "rotate to vibrate (ze remix)", "perpetually delayed voyage" <- that one takes some time to grow into to be able to fully get it, and finally "amnesia reaction".

• Like 1

Is it so.?

Yeah If I ever done that before I regret it and wont do it again. My new me will always respect others. I might go " you insane bastard how can u not like that guy" but that is still something with alot of love and humour and i will never go another route than that of respect and love :)

and mostly humour. and people can take humour differently and thats cool too, but humour can be very touchy if not done in a way thats actually funny.

so If im saying something that I find funny but others do not, and even after consideration I still find it funny, then ill just rather let ppl not get it than apologise for my sense of humour.

That said, Im noone to back down from an internet squabble -its just that everything is now based on love and not hate, something that unfortunately has driven me before , when I hated myself so much.

Now I love myself and so I try my best to share love when applicable.

Yeah If I ever done that before I regret it and wont do it again. My new me will always respect others. I might go " you insane bastard how can u not like that guy" but that is still something with alot of love and humour and i will never go another route than that of respect and love :)

and mostly humour. and people can take humour differently and thats cool too, but humour can be very touchy if not done in a way thats actually funny.

so If im saying something that I find funny but others do not, and even after consideration I still find it funny, then ill just rather let ppl not get it than apologise for my sense of humour.

That said, Im noone to back down from an internet squabble -its just that everything is now based on love and not hate, something that unfortunately has driven me before , when I hated myself so much.

Now I love myself and so I try my best to share love when applicable.

Na Na, I never question your love.

moving on and not commenting/mentioning to just shift threads and comment on it again is not, not commenting :P anyways , no fanboy, hatred and pointing finger stuff :) just gave my 2 examples. ;)

Haha ok dude im not sure what you exactly are referring to as my memory sadly is damaged (for real though, im closed to dementia in that regard and have to keep a diary of my most important stuff and things like that) so you are free to remind me, offtopic in pm if its something youd like to refresh me on : )

The video is funny as hell. And actually the music in the video is produced much better than many "serious" psytrance tracks.

yea and shows you how easy it is lol :)

Filtered da phuk like .