The harsh reality... Why Psytrance has become shit

Anoebis

And now for you who don't know to dance :lol:

I mean... :ph34r:

Omg can't believe it ! This girl is serious ? Preparing all a dance move for a Psytrance song ! It just go all against the principe of the dance in Goa party : you should just let your body dance as he want, without care if it look nice or not, omg, Im very disappointed of seeing such video about Psychedelic song !

That disappoint me more than it make me laugh :(

Omg can't believe it ! This girl is serious ? Preparing all a dance move for a Psytrance song ! It just go all against the principe of the dance in Goa party : you should just let your body dance as he want, without care if it look nice or not, omg, Im very disappointed of seeing such video about Psychedelic song !

That disappoint me more than it make me laugh :(

you call that music psychedelic?

for dancing to psytrance i reccomend this tutorial:

you call that music psychedelic?

for dancing to psytrance i reccomend this tutorial:

Where else would you classify this song than ?

I don't like it but this is still Full on to me....

Do you object to the people at parties doing fire poi, or contact juggling? Do you imagine those people didn't practice beforehand? If you answered "no" to both of those questions, why do you think dancing is any different?

I can't dance well and probably wouldn't bother even if I could, but I don't see why anyone would object to people who can and do. We should be grateful that they've made the effort.

Do you object to the people at parties doing fire poi, or contact juggling? Do you imagine those people didn't practice beforehand? If you answered "no" to both of those questions, why do you think dancing is any different?

I can't dance well and probably wouldn't bother even if I could, but I don't see why anyone would object to people who can and do. We should be grateful that they've made the effort.

Well, let me clarify something :

To me people who are doing juggling or playing with fire are giving a kind of show, I've nothing against it, I like to see them performing such thing, but to me it's different from the people who come to party in order to listen to Psychedelic trance AND dance. Dancing as a lot to do with the Psychedelic Trance to me, I mean you don't necessary need to dance to appreciate it (Surely no !) but dancing on it with the smile in a great ambiance give to this music another dimension.

Of course, you can prepare a special dance and perform it as a show at the party, in this case I would consider it the same way as doing juggling or playing with fire ! But preparing a dance just for dance somehow well at a goa party, this is what I find stupid. Because you don't need any preparation if you want to go at a goa party, I means you don't have to dance well enough or to have listened to enough song to appreciate the show (The only preparation you may need is a mental preparation !).

I don't know if made my opinion clear enough with this post, english is not my native language so it give me the task difficult in order to make it correctly :)

This video is blowing up everywhere. It's even huge on Reddit. I appreciate Loud's sense of humour and the points made therein... but to treat this as a serious, comprehensive survey of all the things that are wrong with psytrance today is to totally miss the joke. I don't think this deserves serious scrutiny and debate. LOL and move on, you know?

Still, if I am to give my 2 cents, I would sum up their top ten list like this: psytrance is shit because producers are unoriginal hacks pumping out cookie cutter garbage with a high level of craftsmanship/technical skill but no real artistic value. But hey, it's dance music, and there's always a lot of that generic filler going around no matter what style or time period you examine so don't sweat it... just focus on what's good.

Is this an issue with mainstream trance though too?

I mean, wouldn't psytrance be more difficult to produce than the mainstream type of trance that has less complexity?

You would think that the people who want cheesy simple music would produce trance that isn't psytrance no?

wow! I havent seen that 'Back To Mad' video in a long time! I recently played the cd and wish it didnt have that sample in it. otherwise that is some funky groovage which is wrongfully interrupted ;p

Of course, you can prepare a special dance and perform it as a show at the party, in this case I would consider it the same way as doing juggling or playing with fire ! But preparing a dance just for dance somehow well at a goa party, this is what I find stupid. Because you don't need any preparation if you want to go at a goa party,

Of course you don't need preparation any more than you need to be able to juggle, and nobody is saying you do. The girl in that video isn't forcing other people to prepare their dances, she's just performing (and doing it well). So why criticise her for it?

Of course you don't need preparation any more than you need to be able to juggle, and nobody is saying you do. The girl in that video isn't forcing other people to prepare their dances, she's just performing (and doing it well). So why criticise her for it?

Ok, I must admit I was wrong on this point.

Where else would you classify this song than ?

I don't like it but this is still Full on to me....

just because it's fullon doesn't mean it's psychedelic. contemporary fullon is not the same music as fullon in 2003 or so. even the track from the video in the original post is basically fullon, but is it psychedelic?

just because it's fullon doesn't mean it's psychedelic. contemporary fullon is not the same music as fullon in 2003 or so. even the track from the video in the original post is basically fullon, but is it psychedelic?

Well, I actually consider that Psychedelic Trance is a general Style which encompass different style.

To me, Psychedelic Trance encompass the next style :

-goa trance

-Psy-trance

-Full-on (I don't make any difference between "comtemporary" fullon and the fullon from 2003, like you said)

-Nitzhonot

-Nizthogoa

-Dark Psytrance

I might forget some kind of style, but here is it, as long as a song fit in one of these categories, it means he below to "Psychedelic Trance".

I think why we both don't considere it as psychedelic trance is that because you divide the full-on in two part, and one of this part isn't even anymore in the "Psychedelic Trance" tree anymore for you, but I don't understand why lol.

@darkill & Padmapani: I believe your disagreement is based on a misunderstanding - correct me if I'm wrong but I think darkill used the word "psychedelic" as a shorthand for "psychedelic trance" as a genre, whereas Padmapani read it as an adjective describing the track. IOW, a track can be psytrance without actually being psychedelic.

@Imba: good grief, where's that from?