Schlabbaduerst is still alive

JISNEGRO

Taken from facebook:

"Some insane news! There will soon be a new Buddhas-album released on Schlabbaduerst. That will be Schlab 015. Gonna have to come up with a cool name. Also need someone to make the cover.
We ARE also going to release the pink compilation and the orange compilation, which will be Schlab 008 and 009. The pink is fluffy morning music and the orange is energetic flying morning music. We got some tracks for the pink one. Expect the unexpected.
The brown compilation is supposed to be number 010, with heavy earth and drumming music, but we dont have any tracks for that one yet. Maybe in the next 10 years.
Finally, I might make a CD-R pressing of Digging Mud, some 50 or 100 copies."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/12107835483/

That made my day!

• 1 year later...

I guess this is as good a thread as any for some venting. A few years ago I bought all the Schlabbaduerst compilations from Dave. When they arrived, CD 7 had an error - the last 3 track were unreadable (yes, I did try with 3 different drives). Dave promised to send another copy, which I naturally never received (that's not the point of this thread though). Last year I had an issue with my PC's main hard drive and since I hadn't backed up all of my music to an external one, I had to rip a lot of CDs again. Imagine my surprise when at that point only 4 of those Schlabbaduerst compilations ripped without errors. One actually caused my PC to stop responding. So today, since I'm in the middle of putting most of my collection on sale on discogs, I take the first Schlab disc out to see if it rips properly or not and the result is the same - I actually had to put my PC to sleep to make the DVD drive responsive again and get the CD out. I understand that those compilations are CDrs, but wow indeed.

I guess this is as good a thread as any for some venting. A few years ago I bought all the Schlabbaduerst compilations from Dave. When they arrived, CD 7 had an error - the last 3 track were unreadable (yes, I did try with 3 different drives). Dave promised to send another copy, which I naturally never received (that's not the point of this thread though). Last year I had an issue with my PC's main hard drive and since I hadn't backed up all of my music to an external one, I had to rip a lot of CDs again. Imagine my surprise when at that point only 4 of those Schlabbaduerst compilations ripped without errors. One actually caused my PC to stop responding. So today, since I'm in the middle of putting most of my collection on sale on discogs, I take the first Schlab disc out to see if it rips properly or not and the result is the same - I actually had to put my PC to sleep to make the DVD drive responsive again and get the CD out. I understand that those compilations are CDrs, but wow indeed.

Sorry to hear that mate. I'm always a bit dissapointed when a release I've been looking for is released as a CDr - I skip buying them without a second thought... it's almost the same if I'd burn the disc myself.

Sorry to hear that mate. I'm always a bit dissapointed when a release I've been looking for is released as a CDr - I skip buying them without a second thought... it's almost the same if I'd burn the disc myself.

This is curious, I have the same issue somehow. I can't rip their cds to my hard discs, I can play them on my pioneer CDJ's tho... luckely!

As for the music, let it come, the more the better! :)

This is curious, I have the same issue somehow. I can't rip their cds to my hard discs, I can play them on my pioneer CDJ's tho... luckely!

As for the music, let it come, the more the better! :)

Some music have protection for unauthorized coping or ripping... maybe that's the case :)

Some music have protection for unauthorized coping or ripping... maybe that's the case :)

Well, considering that for me they ripped fine a few years ago, how do you explain it - a copy protection activated by time? Anyway, a CDr with copy protection, really?