Here's another impossible task! (LOL!)

Guest D N H

Guest D N H

A. - Imagine someone unaware would ask you to recommend to him the 10 most essential artist albums of Psy-Goa.

B. - Imagine you are in an emergency situation where a huge or global disaster is about to happen and you have very soon, in a few moments, to evacuate your place taking with you only up to 10 releases (albums &/or comps) in your small bag. Which would these be?

C. - Imagine you are going to space, on a space mission perhaps, which 10 releases you are going to have with you there, in deep space, in such an enviroment?

D. - In ancient Egypt and in other Civilizations as well, people chose some favorite objects to have these as well in their last residence, their tomb, the portal to another (spiritual) world. Well, would you ever take with you there your favorite releases, have them in a way as amulets of spiritual (musical) essence or as holy icons or talismans, and if so which 10 of these would be?

The difference with this case is that this theme evokes a feeling of sacredness & solemnity.

(The task is mostly about Psychedelic & Goa, and mostly uptempo without though excluding downtempo/space psyambient. The number of 10 releases is just a limitation. If you wish you can state less.)

23503.jpg

What is this man, 10, it is not that difficult since there are hardly 30 albums and 30 compilations in goa and psytrance which are really good, others are just average.

I will anser B

Electric Universe - Stardiver

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance 3

Etnica - Life in Athens

MFG - The Prophecy

Man with no Name - Earth moving the sun

Man with no name - Moment of Truth

Boris Blenn - Paradise Connection

Self burned cd consisting of youth tracks.

B. - Imagine you are in an emergency situation where a huge or global disaster is about to happen and you have very soon, in a few moments, to evacuate your place taking with you only up to 10 releases (albums &/or comps) in your small bag. Which would these be?

If a small bag is all I'd have I'd take my external HD with me with my entire CD and download collection. And my headphones. I mean, if I'd have to take some CDs with me, a CD player would be needed to play them. Likewise, if I take a USB HD with me, somebody sure has a computer to plug it into :P

Sorry for taking this literally :DD

Edit: actually wtf am I thinking, I'd take my OWN laptop goddamnit (it has all my music aswell) :D

since all scenarios are pick 10 regardless, I would choose the same 10 in each situation. I must say for the natural disaster, I cant face the rest of my cds being lost or destroyed so I would just die with my collection ;p haha! I have thought about this stuff before like say, if the house burns down - how would I handle it.

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Cydonia - In Fear of a Red Planet

Psygone - Optimystique (my introduction to the psychedelic, woo!)

Electric Universe - Divine Design

Cosmosis - Synergy (to me, an early hybrid of goa-to-psytrance)

Medicine Drum - Supernature

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation

Pigs in Space - " "

Slide - Unstable

thats a varied amount of sound all over the spectrum. in a split second decision it would never happen though haha!

Guest D N H

If a small bag is all I'd have I'd take my external HD with me with my entire CD and download collection. And my headphones. I mean, if I'd have to take some CDs with me, a CD player would be needed to play them. Likewise, if I take a USB HD with me, somebody sure has a computer to plug it into :P

Sorry for taking this literally :DD

Edit: actually wtf am I thinking, I'd take my OWN laptop goddamnit (it has all my music aswell) :D

Sorry, but for many reasons may someone dodge the subject, even if i had to place terms, scenarios or possible conditions. Plus, there isn't any place here for the physical vs digital dispute. Furthermore, someone could argue why to take music with him at all.

Please reconsider B)

Right. Having received recently the kind of phone call where the other person tells you "drop everything you're doing, go to the hospital's emergencies NOW", and since I've been stuck in that hospital for 3 months, I experienced something between B and C.

I filled a cabin-suitcase and a small backpack, and he backpack contained my laptop with 100+ GB of music. But if I didn't have that laptop that would be:

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation

Pleiadians - IFO

Etnica - Live in Athens

Oforia - Delirious

Nerso - Explorations of Infinity

Miranda - Phenomena

RA - 9th

VA - Order Odonata - The Experiments that Identify Change

And about A, for someone unaware of Goa Trance

ElectrIC universe - Stardiver

Astral Projection - The Astral Files

Astral Projection - In the mix

Etnica - Live in Athens

Hallucniogen - Twisted

Man with no name - Earth moving the sun

VA - Order odonata 1

MFG - The Prophecy

And about A, for someone unaware of Goa Trance

ElectrIC universe - Stardiver

Astral Projection - The Astral Files

Astral Projection - In the mix

Etnica - Live in Athens

Hallucniogen - Twisted

Man with no name - Earth moving the sun

VA - Order odonata 1

MFG - The Prophecy

Where is Youth in that list?

Hard hard task ! random order

Cosmosis - Synergy

Darshan - Awakening

VA - Fill your head with Phantasm vol. 2

Blue planet corporation - Blueprint for survival

Toi doi - Technologic

Ubar tmar - Ubarpedia

VA - Trust in trance- The next millenium

VA - Sun trip Goes fourth

Chi-AD - Earth crossing

Drone - 23 days

X-dream - Radio

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

Hallucinogen - The lone deranger

Sandman - Witchcraft

Oforia - Delirious

Vibrasphere - Exploring the Tributaries

Son Kite - Colours

Etnica - Alien Protein

Trancentral 4 - A trip to goa

Trancentral 5 - A sonic Initiation

As said before, I would just grab my Ipod, but in case of not finding it, these would be the records I would reach first. Just not thinking on what I leave behind........

Actually...... I would grab my drum box and a couple of synths and leave all records behind.

Edited by CoLoUr DoTZ

Well this is by no means an absolute top 10 but rather a varied list of what I'd take with me in cases B and C, I'll maybe post case A later.

Androcell - Entheomythic

Banco de Gaia - Last Train To Lhasa (3 CD Limited Edition)

Cosmosis - Cosmology

Husky Rescue - Ghost Is Not Real

Ozric Tentacles - Waterfall Cities

Shpongle - Are You Shpongled?

The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms

Vataff Project - Kalitz

Maaya Sakamoto - 30minutes night flight

:)

Guest D N H

Do I have to limit myself to goa/psy/downtempo?

Well, there are releases of other genres which have a psychedelic feeling or atmosphere, such as space ambient, progressive trance etc.. Of course the subject is psy & goa oriented but it doesn't have to be goa trance from 96 necessarily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Update

I placed another question.

The difference with this case is that this theme evokes a feeling of sacredness & solemnity.

D. - In ancient Egypt and in other Civilizations as well, people chose some favorite objects to have these as well in their last residence, their tomb, the portal to another (spiritual) world. Well, would you ever take with you there your favorite releases, have them in a way as amulets of spiritual (musical) essence or as holy icons or talismans, and if so which 10 of these would be?

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Etnica - Life in Athens

Lol. Life in Athens...

Green Nuns of the Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Cosmosis - Synergy

Pleiadians - IFO

Miranda - Phenomena

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

+ TIP - Feeling Weird

Electric Universe - One Love

VA - The History of Trance Part 3: The Psychedelic Movement

1-01 Astral Projection Mahadeva (Original Version) 9:26 1-02 Man With No Name Floor Essence 6:03 1-03 Hallucinogen LSD 6:47 1-04 Juno Reactor High Energy Protons 6:32 1-05 Total Eclipse Aliens 6:19 1-06 Infinity Project, The Uforica 6:13 1-07 Prana Scarab 7:34 1-08 Koxbox Insect (Original Version) 9:23 1-09 Eat Static Bony Incus (Man With No Name Remix)

Remix – Man With No Name

6:31 1-10 Kode IV Near To The Divine (Doof Remix)

Remix – Doof

7:21 1-11 Blue Planet Corporation Generator 6:55 2-01 Indoor Shiva 9:56 2-02 Technossomy Elektron Bender (Willi Mix) 5:48 2-03 Slinky Wizard Lunar Juice 6:19 2-04 Green Nuns Of The Revolution Two Vindaloos & An Onion Bhagee 7:33 2-05 Disco Volante Moonraker (Man With No Name Remix)

Remix – Man With No Name

7:20 2-06 Transwave Robostyx 7:36 2-07 Third Eye Morphic Resonance 6:05 2-08 Butler & Wilson Deliverance 8:19 2-09 Voov Gas (Smoke Machine) 5:00 2-10 Z To A Next Stop Oblivion (Original Version) 7:57 2-11 Art Of Trance, The* Octopus (Man With No Name Remix)

Remix – Man With No Name

Lol. Life in Athens...

+ TIP - Feeling Weird

Electric Universe - One Love

VA - The History of Trance Part 3: The Psychedelic Movement

1-01 Astral Projection – Mahadeva (Original Version) 9:26 1-02 Man With No Name – Floor Essence 6:03 1-03 Hallucinogen – LSD 6:47 1-04 Juno Reactor – High Energy Protons 6:32 1-05 Total Eclipse – Aliens 6:19 1-06 Infinity Project, The – Uforica 6:13 1-07 Prana – Scarab 7:34 1-08 Koxbox – Insect (Original Version) 9:23 1-09 Eat Static – Bony Incus (Man With No Name Remix)

Remix – Man With No Name

6:31 1-10 Kode IV – Near To The Divine (Doof Remix)

Remix – Doof

7:21 1-11 Blue Planet Corporation – Generator 6:55 2-01 Indoor – Shiva 9:56 2-02 Technossomy – Elektron Bender (Willi Mix) 5:48 2-03 Slinky Wizard – Lunar Juice 6:19 2-04 Green Nuns Of The Revolution – Two Vindaloos & An Onion Bhagee 7:33 2-05 Disco Volante – Moonraker (Man With No Name Remix)

Remix – Man With No Name

7:20 2-06 Transwave – Robostyx 7:36 2-07 Third Eye – Morphic Resonance 6:05 2-08 Butler & Wilson – Deliverance 8:19 2-09 Voov – Gas (Smoke Machine) 5:00 2-10 Z To A – Next Stop Oblivion (Original Version) 7:57 2-11 Art Of Trance, The* – Octopus (Man With No Name Remix)

Remix – Man With No Name

I was about to mention this History of trance Double CD but i reckon there are too many fillers on CD2

Scenario A, introducing someone to the essence of goa trance of the 90s, I'd do the following:

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

Doof - Let's Turn On

Etnica - Alien Protein

Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Juno Reactor - Beyond The Infinite

KoxBox - Dragon Tales

Pleiadians - IFO
Shiva Shidapu ‎- The Album

Total Eclipse - Delta Aquarids

But this is far from being the only scenario, there are many other essential albums but I feel these were the absolute classix that I loved when I discovered this genre. Then they should check out other albums by the same artists and some VA as well but, that's my core 10 albums ever.

EDIT: i re-read the description and seems like it had to be just album artists, so i have to remove 3 VAs and add 3 albums. These were:

VA - First Flight

VA - TIP Yellow
VA - Order Odonata 3

for all A-B-C-d scenarios

but i will include and not goa(sorry i cant leave behind these)

Astral Projection - Trust In Trance

Etnica - Alien Protein

Pleiadians - IFO

X Dream-Radio

Art Of Trance -Wildlife On One

Various Platipus Records Volume One

Age Of Love, The* - The Age Of Love

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Quirk - Machina Electrica & Fornax Chemica

Earth Nation Terra Incognita

and bonus for the tomb :ph34r:

Etnica-The-Juggeling-Alchemists-Under-The-Black-Light

for the A scenario, i'd give them an overview over all psytrance that's a bit on the easy listening side instead of the real essentials:

Etnica - Alien Protein (IFO is too much for beginners)

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy

Hallucinogen - Twisted (these four for oldschool goa)

Talamasca - Musica Divinorum

Protoculture - Refractions (this and the above for fullon)

E-Clip - Shuma (for progressive)

Scatterbrain - Infernal Angel (for darkpsy. it's not too representative, but it's good :) )

Ra - 9th

Artifact303 - Back to Space (the last two for newschool goa)

B:

Etnica - Live in Athens (double cd ;) )

BPC - A Blueprint for Survival (double cd)

MWNN - Teleportation

Artha - Influencing Dreams

Khetzal - Corolle

Ott - Hallucinogen in Dub

VA - Organic Vision 1

VA - Space of Power (double cd again)

VA - Tantrance 5 (another double cd, but worth it alone for gnocchi and full mental jackpot)

C:

Pleiadians - IFO

Etnica - Alien Protein

Dimension 5 - Second Phaze

Dimension 5 - TransStellar

E-Mantra - Arcana

Logic Bomb - Unlimited

Hux Flux - Division by Zero

CBL - Interloper

S-Range - Space (obviously ;) )

D :

Ra - 9th

Dimension 5 - TransStellar

Khetzal - Corolle

BPC - A Blueprint for Survival

MWNN - Teleportation

VA - Sundrops

the last albums would have to be rather psychedelic/progressive rock than goa/psytrance.

these lists turned out quite varied. more than i expected. in any case, i'd miss all the others i couldn't take with me.

A. I WOULD DO A INTRODUCTORY FOR DIFFERENT STYLES TO GIVE THEM A FEEL FOR THE SPECTRUM

IFO

TWISTED

CYAN - BEAST FROM THE EAST

SCATTERBRAIN - INFERNAL ANGEL

NERSO - EXPLORATION

NO POSSIBLE SOUNDZ

ESP - first album

FIRST FLIGHT

GREEN NUNS

TRANSDIMENTIONAL

B. ITS ALL ABOUT SENTIMENT FOR ME, I HAVE HAD THOUSANDS OF CD'S IN MY TIME (STILL DO) WOULD TAKE MY FIRST ONES THAT I STILL OWN AND SOME RAREST

VIOLENT RELAXATION

SYNTHETIC FLESH

PARTY IS FOR LIFE, NOT FOR XMAS

BALAGAN

BLACK RHINO

BLUE PLANET (BLUEPRINT)

TIP ORANGE

NATARAJ TEMPLE - POLYTOX

LONE DERANGER

TRANSDIMENTIONAL

C. HAVE HEARD THERE ARE MANY EMOTIONS AND STATES OF MIND YOU CAN REACH IN SPACE, HAVE TAKEN THAT INTO ACCOUNT

MYSTERY OF THE YETI (BOTH PARTS)

YOUNGER BROTHER - LAST DAYS

D 5 - SECOND PHAZE

COSMOSIS - SYNERGY

LONE DERANGER

VIOLENT RELAXATION

ASIA 2001 - LIVE

CHI - AD - VIRTUAL SPIRIT

JIKKENTEKI - FLIGHTS OF INFINITY

1200 MICS (THERE WOULD BE SUBSTANCES CONSUMED)

D. MY AMULETS

TRANSDIMENTIONAL

IFO

TWISTED

VIOLENT RELAXATION

ROCK BITCH

LAST DAYS OF GRAVITY

BLUE PLANET (BLUEPRINT)

BLACK RHINO

SYNTHETIC FLESH

YETI