Best Live Sets - Share!

Shpongled247

Soooo inspired by the Etnica Live in Athens and Koxbox live sets, what are some of your favourite recorded live sets?

Live sets are a unique experience occasionally surpassing the original material and often once in a lifetime! If you got em please share em so we can all enjoy! :)

• Like 1

Alienated Buddha - Live In Barcelona

Tamlin - Live @ Transylvania Calling 2005

Fragletrollet - Live in Oslo 7 April (2007 I think...)

no links either :(

would like to hear that Kheztal live set one day Mars... ;)

very nice topic summing up all the live sets that "survived" they heydays. I wish the transwave, total eclipse and x.dream survived in better and longer quality but we can't complain :) and here the missing video, mentioned already but not shared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAzwxEdIiMM

That is a pretty awesome collection so far!

@ Mars - That is just teasing though! :P hah

I'll add this one, for its crazyness, and for going from night into day

Ubar Tmar Live in Israel

would like to hear that Kheztal live set one day Mars... ;)

I would love to listen to it too. Searching the web I found this video, don't know if this is the same set Mars is talking about.

@Mars: I don't know if you can provide us with a link for the full set, but I guess you do can do something to get this track released ;)

@JISNEGRO, thanks for the nice video, khetzal is truly talented! He should release another album asap!

Nice goodies here, thanks for sharing!

It say that I havent listened to full-time live sets other than Etnica's one that Draeke released, I might be missing something else, but otherwise Ive seen only some live snippets on youtube, which is fine, rather have some snippets of history to enjoy and imagine how awesome it must have been than have nothing to listen to from those days at all :)!

• 6 months later...

KoxBox live. that low quality one floating around. It so deserves to be remastered and reissued.

A mate of mine has an AP set recorded to DAT from around '98-'99 of an impromptu set Astral did in Australia. It's all unreleased or remixes and is as dark as all hell compared to most Goa, but the quality is horridly recorded in mono and cuts in and out at parts. I remeber at the time my mate was talking to them & they said they had tons of really dark stuff but it would never be released as AP is supposed to be enlightening and uplifiting. My mate said they should release it under a new name but never happened obviously. I kid you not it sounded like a very demented Sandman/Schuldt style minus any guitars.

I had the most enlighting but horrible 'cid trip that night after way too many doses, it changed me deeply forever but I never touched a drug since.

the best one is probabl the Paul Oakenfold goa set.

I'm gonna guess you are referring to his 1994 Essential Goa Mix. I really love that mix, not just because it's goa, but the fact that he mixed in other stuff like Vangelis and stuff like that, gives a nice slow down and build up to the next songs.

I'm gonna guess you are referring to his 1994 Essential Goa Mix. I really love that mix, not just because it's goa, but the fact that he mixed in other stuff like Vangelis and stuff like that, gives a nice slow down and build up to the next songs.

It was reissued in 2011 as "The Goa Mix 2011". It's one of my fav mixes, even though due to certain licensing issues he had to drop a couple of the origincal tracks and sadly replaced them with an IM & Astrix track. The general flow and feeling is still there, and depsite being an obvioulsy computer made set it works really well for a mixed CD as it has more of a soundtrack quality thana standard club mix CD.

Despite the many haters most of Oakenfolds recent mixed compilations have a slight psy edge to them, and he makes better full on than anyone else.

For example I don't mind

• 3 weeks later...

Total Eclipse - Live @ TBE 25-03-1995 :)

Tracklist:

1.Total Eclipse -- Blade Runner (Finale)
2.Total Eclipse -- Sound Is Solid
3.Juno Reactor -- Samurai (Total Eclipse Mix)
4.Total Eclipse -- Toxic Caterpillar
5.Total Eclipse -- The Crucible
6.Total Eclipse -- Aliens
7.Total Eclipse -- Free Lemonade
8.Total Eclipse -- Le Lotus Bleu
9.Total Eclipse -- Transparent Mind
10.Total Eclipse -- Waiting For A New Life
11.Total Eclipse -- Can't Do That

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXF9uJdSO8M