Night Trippers & Children of the Night ?

Guest D N H

Are you a child of the night OR a morning guy/girl ?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a child of the night OR a morning guy/girl ?

• I like to live in the night, it's so magnificent.
    • I live in the night. Night draws me so unwittingly.
    • I prefer daytime. The sunlight and the blue of the sky.
    • I couldn't live only in one period.
    • No special feelings for either.
    • Something else...

Guest D N H

Years ago in a magazine, i red an article about how much better, and specifically, more suitable for living is the nighttime than the daytime. Which is an issue, of course, arguable. In a book also, how the human vision is made for nightlight and not for the daylight which is difficult to adjust in such brightness.

It is difficult, here in psynews, to understand in which global timezone a user is living, by his times of presence. The reason is none other than that many persons don't have a regular time schedule of wakefulness.

Many people adjust their living to their work-time, which for most is in daytime. But others that the work-time issue doesn't urge them, prefer to live in the night. Also many artists feel more comfortable to live and create in the night.

Years ago in a magazine, i red an article about how much better, and specifically, more suitable for living is the nighttime than the daytime. Which is an issue, of course, arguable. In a book also, how the human vision is made for nightlight and not for the daylight which is difficult to adjust in such brightness.

Well that doesn't make sense to me. Human eyesight is terrible in the dark, compared to other animals.

I voted "Something else". I'm not a morning person, in the manner that I'm grumpy in the morning and hate getting up early, and I stay up late, but I also like sunshine and being out in the daylight (later in the day). And I'm also perfectly content at night, whereas the darkness makes some people uncomfortable.

I voted "Something else". I'm not a morning person, in the manner that I'm grumpy in the morning and hate getting up early, and I stay up late, but I also like sunshine and being out in the daylight (later in the day). And I'm also perfectly content at night, whereas the darkness makes some people uncomfortable.

Ditto.

Guest D N H

Ok, morning guy in the title doesn't mean necessarily early hours and the 3rd choice is quite clear.

Your vote is good, but you could also vote instead the 4th choice.

Good.

Well that doesn't make sense to me. Human eyesight is terrible in the dark, compared to other animals.

I didn't say in the dark but in the nightlight which is smooth electric light, moonlight & starlight.

I voted for the second option. I have some reasons: one is that I have a kind of allergy to the hot sun. There's a name in English for that condition, but I can't remember. It's not severe, it only causes itches and as soon as I am in a colder environment it goes away. Also my teens were during the Gothic era (The Cure and gang), so it was really rich and entertaining to be a night creature. But I like to wake early every now and then, at 6 or 7 am, happily!, have a good breakfast and enjoy the day.

It's complicated. I love staying up as late as I can. I haven't gone to sleep before 3 AM almost a decade now no matter how early I have to wake up. I also HATE waking up early (as early I mean before 1 pm). From the other hand night makes me feel really sad, while daytime makes me more happy and optimistic.

So I love to live in the night, but that comes with a cost.

i love the night. from the relaxing and social evening to the quiteness and creativity that comes a few hours later. but i also love the afternoon with sun, heat (if the weather and seasons are right) and the colour of the light. what i really hate are the hours from 6:00 am to noon. ime the harsh, bright light along with the associations with stress that comes at that time of the day is best slept through.

I also HATE waking up early (as early I mean before 1 pm)

+1. no sane person could ever classify waking up at 1pm as waking up late ;)