Guest D N H

Guest D N H

antic, on Jan 10 2007 - 12:59 PM, said:

I bet you were depressed when you turned 30?

Many of us, here in psynews, we are around our 30's more or less. Others are even closing to 40. And there hasn't been so long since we were in our first adult youth, the 20's, without too much concern about our age and the time's passing, no anxiety about it, only the blaze of life.

Ok, we're still not aged at all, but now we are more aware of the time's running and that it affects us more and more, and that we're in a countdown to senescence.

Thereupon, does depression come by?? Feelings? Thoughts?

-> age 30 transition

The thing that depresses me the most is when I see people I know all my life turning into 'adults' in front of my eyes. I'm 31, but I don't feel like that. Marriage, kids, dinners with other couples, acting all serious. I can't do that and it hurts me when my friends becoming like that. I know that I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

The thing that depresses me the most is when I see people I know all my life turning into 'adults' in front of my eyes. I'm 31, but I don't feel like that. Marriage, kids, dinners with other couples, acting all serious. I can't do that and it hurts me when my friends becoming like that.

Same here. It helps that I've recently made a bunch of younger friends, though.

The thing that depresses me the most is when I see people I know all my life turning into 'adults' in front of my eyes. I'm 31, but I don't feel like that. Marriage, kids, dinners with other couples, acting all serious. I can't do that and it hurts me when my friends becoming like that. I know that I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

Absolutely the same for me but I am still 25, I am far away from being 30, but that time will come aswell. I think and hope that when we reach an age of 50 or so the medicine will be so good, antiageing medicine be available so that the lifespan can at least be extented to 160 years. With current antiageing you may extent your life allready some years, in future hopefully the lifespam can be extented even more.

20's were great, but the 30's are better. Hopefully you'll have a good job and a special someone to share your life with. I'm 41 (very soon to be 42) and still feel like I did when I was in my late twenties. Having kids was the best thing I've ever done and it's like watching a movie unfold before your eyes. Sometimes great sometimes aggravating, but always, always entertaining.

I look at the young people doing stuff and I wonder if I was ever that stupid. Take social media. I'm on Facebook, but I don't feel the need to share everything and every thought that goes through my head. Twitter? What's that?

No more parties, no alcohol, no drugs, no hookups...That's a young mans game and my life is so full that I don't miss any of that.

If there is one thing I can recommend when getting older and I cannot stress this enough. Exercise. Stay in shape. It will help you as the years go by.

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me at about age 15.

Haha, same here. Maybe it was even with 14. Interesting topic, though: it's true that growing older can bring even more reasons to be depressed, or at least gravely concerned.

Personally, I have two major concerns as I grow older: firstly, everyone around me seems to be making leaps towards a stable existence, achieving everything they need and/or want, while I feel stuck in the mire and, despite my best efforts, haven't achieved all that much over the last, say, ten years. Secondly, I have to face the fact that the question of children/family becomes more and more important for most people; so the older I get, the less likely I am to ever find a partner for a long-term relationship where children won't be an issue quite soon. Having children of my own is an absolute no-go for me. The more I hear people talk about children and family life, and the more young couples I encounter on the street, the more frustrated I get: the majority's vision of adult life is so fundamaentally different from mine that it'll be extremely difficult to find anyone who shares at least the most essential traits of my own vision. Yet, I cannot imagine spending my future alone - I'm only human after all.

On the positive side, I've started exercising this year. ;)

Well, I like being 30+... You have a stabile life, with money and you can do whatever you want... At my 20s, I was often struggeling to make certain things come true... Now that isn't so hard anymore :) I have a job I enjoy, a great gf, lots of holidays, enough money to travel the world the way I want,... :) naaah, no reasons to be depressed, if you are depressed you should change a certain way of thinking... :) Life is too beautiful to lose on things like depression ;)

I'm almost half way through my 30's and they've been awesome so far. Some things do have to change however, I for one am actively planning for the future right now, which would've been unthinkable 10 years ago.

30 is a threshold many struggle to cross but it's not nearly as bad as you think.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

32 and fuck it aint easy ...

Luis you say its not as bad?? da fuck you are thinking offf really mate i dont believe in it

also someone said : oh your best time of your life is the 30s... BULLLLLLSHIIITTTT

my childhood was da best fuckin thing ever imo nothing and nobody is gonna change that ever

0 - awesome

10 - awesome ... teenage years ... awesome rebel shyte

20s not bad still ok

30's?? looooooooooooool

40's loooooooooool

50's looooooooooool

60's loooooooooool

70's loooooooooool

80's loooooooooool

90's..... beyond...

dont care anymore

fuck all hahahaha

random post , yea age drives me crazy too... pfff life is what you make of it its not about numbers altho i do get tired easily and honestly i wish i was so energetic as i was... but see? that's life mate we age ... accept it and fuck all rest , laugh , live , be happy... as for me im gonna dedicate myself to music. i love dance music ambient music bores me gets me to sleep... i tend to keep up but sure im not dancing im sitting in a studio desk here typing to you all and i got shit to do...

laters and all good vibes to you all

live , laugh , love...! heres a random one for a laugh lol

R-220171-1192258215.jpeg.jpg

niceee coverrrrrrrrrr :lol::lol::lol: 90s old fokkinnnnn 3d generator wish we had this shit today loooll his face looks like a silver mercury thing... fucking awesome comin with this back in days pure old like me an old walking goa fart lol

love u all

laters