Why is youth so underrated

radi6404

Why is youth so underrated? He has produced so beautiful goa and ambient that I am wondering why he is so underrated, noone here mentions him, not even in the Rate the above track thread. I think the music he produces sounds very authentic and the synth sounds are excellent. It is pure goa trance and great ambient music aswell.

Tracks I like a lot are

Youth - Half moon

Black sun - Sourcerors Apprentice

Black Sun - Fat buddha

Black Sun - Ligua

But there are many many more and there is great ambient work aswell from him, for example the hidden track at zodiac youth album Devil's Circus. Melt down, what a great track. There is also a track sploch or spash, but I can't find it in discogs, incredible goabient track with E Guitar. Such a shame noone talks about him.

Yes, this track, this is one of the most authentic goa ambient tracks that exist. This is an example of true goabient and a true masterpeace. I am wondering why noone mentioned this legendary track yet. This is just incredible. Big respect to this track, it should be example of all goabient tracks.

O don't think Youth is underrated. He just plays a kind of Goa trance that takes a very mature ear to be properly appreciated, in the same league as System 7, Juno Reactor. He is very active in the Japanese scene, which, to me, is the most sophisticated one.

Well I honestly fail to see how this is either goa or ambient. The original track is pure psychedelic/space rock, and this remix is quite faithful to the original with some added tweaks.

it is typical youth sound and it is goabient in my opinion, because it is slow and has goa melodies.

So is this goa ambient then?

indeed, no way this is ambient music

first track you posted above radi, is nice, big goa spirit

The original Ozric track is very different in my opinion. The youth version is pretty different and more melodic. In my opinion that is goabient. But if you define that music differently, feel free to recommend me more of it.

I would not say he is underrated, the thing is that he has worked, even since the times of butterfly studios, behind the courtains. And I mean that he has done more production stuff that being the front man.

I did not know he is active in Japan, last thing I heard was that he had set up a studio in Granada, south Spain.

you mentioned one of my fav forgotten tracks Radi, Youth - Half Moon is a really scarcely known track, how did you discover it? It's on the CD Trip to the Andes, a cd you should check out. As far as other youth gems, listen to this:

http://www.discogs.com/Dub-Trees-Nature-Never-Did-Betray-The-Heart-That-Loved-Her/release/31695

In my opinion youth is quite rare and unknown as a whole. I don#t see anyone in psynews talking about youth.

no he is not ''rare'' as a whole in MUSIC INDUSTRY

for sure is one of the BIGS ever in music production(im not talking about goa specific but general in music scene)

at goa scene back then he was very known

dont confuse the nowdays situation

and is logic i think Youth not to be in the front

he is quite inactive ,no new goa productions(but he has 3 albums,complialtions ready but not TIME !!!!!!)

legend figures in industry dont need to be in the front

anyone who want to search in specific sound will dig threw shithole and will find artists like him

so in artistic view i think its better to be ''hidden'' and ''unknown''

As I said before, he's active in some scenes, namely the Japanese one. He recently mixed one of the tracks of Vesica Pisces (from the Japanese legendary rocker Sugizo, of Luna Sea and X-Japan fame. And more recently a member of Juno Reactor). IMO, this album is unique in its refinement, and Youth has his hands on that. Also, Youth has been a constant guest in Fuji Rock Festival, perhaps the best multi-genre festival in the world.

http://wakyo.jp/sugizo-vesica_pisces.php