What beer/liquor are you currently drinking

Master Lu Bu

I feel alcohol is poisoning but I'm not going to lie I got caught up in all of these expert beer reviews and all of the categories to rate them in. I don't drink liquor so I can't comment but as far as beer I consider myself a recreational user and close to expert reviewer.

As far as macro brews go I like Sierra Nevada pale ale. Nice brown color pours smooth with just the right amount of ahead. 6% is a nice touch and the taste is smooth. Excellent mouth feel and initial taste to after taste is consistent.

I'm currently trying the new budweiser black crown. The color is not yellow which is a change for budweiser. Initial taste has a classic budweiser taste although a bit different probably from the beechwood. Aftertaste is smooth and it lasts long enough to surpass that 6%.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D N H

I try not to drink, but this is my favorite BIOS_bottle.jpg

Have you ever tried Tentura liquor? It is very tasteful & digestive, but i think it is more appropriate for other seasons than summer.

32046-OINOPOIEIA-%E2%80%93-APOSTAKTIRIA-

Dont drink beer anymore as I came to my senses and realised it just tastes bad. Hah. Nah I think I just got sick of it from past consumption in my younger days..

These days we are usually drinking cider and since moving to the Uk there are way more here to try than Australia. Some really really bad and probably bad for you though, 1 Pound for a big can of 7.5% cider... eek. All the homeless people in London drink them i later found out.

This however is my current/forever drink of choice

_vyrn_366Bacardi-Oakheart-www-extraprodu

• 2 weeks later...

Dont drink beer anymore as I came to my senses and realised it just tastes bad. Hah. Nah I think I just got sick of it from past consumption in my younger days..

These days we are usually drinking cider and since moving to the Uk there are way more here to try than Australia. Some really really bad and probably bad for you though, 1 Pound for a big can of 7.5% cider... eek. All the homeless people in London drink them i later found out.

Decent quality Cider is delicious, just don't buy the cheap stuff, as it's terrible. Wild Wood, Black Fox, Green Goblin organic ciders are fantastic.

Locally brewed cider can be really good too.

_vyrn_366Bacardi-Oakheart-www-extraprodu

BACARDI and rum generally

That's mine and some of my friends' choice!!!!

We are getting immune to it after so many years of quite heavy consumption, I mean 2 nights ago I sat to watch a film at home and had 4 or 5 STRONG Bacardi colas and was fine, just all jolly!!!

While if I drink 2 Whiskys or Vodkas, it's enough for me, I'll avoid a 3rd.... But Bacardi, not prob, as long as I don't mix it with other spirits.

A little story:

I don't know what, but I did something Friday that screwed up some muscles in my neck and/or upper back. I woke up Saturday in pain and had to drive for 2.5 hours like that, and it has been hurting since, including the return 2.5 hour drive. Can't turn my head in most directions without major pain.

I took ibuprofen Saturday morning. It didn't do anything.

I took vicodin Saturday evening. It didn't do anything.

I drank beer Sunday (this) evening. It worked wonderfully. :D

Of course, any alcohol would have worked, but I happen to be drinking 21st Amendment Brewery's Brew Free or Die IPA.

brewfree_can_022113-230x409.png

I don't know what, but I did something Friday that screwed up some muscles in my neck and/or upper back. I woke up Saturday in pain and had to drive for 2.5 hours like that, and it has been hurting since, including the return 2.5 hour drive. Can't turn my head in most directions without major pain.

The same thing happens to me occasionally, it sorts itself out in a week or two IME.

Great post !

I used to drink a lot of beer but now I only drink 1 or 2 beer when I go out and don't drive, more than this it just kill the thing.

I like whisky but I don't drink a lot of it.

What I do drink the more is probably Red wine...Loving it ! (that's not liquor but since subject speak about alcohol)

So many awesome beers all around the world

What do you think of Corona ? I used to really like it when I was living in Australia, back to France I felt the taste was different probably because I had drinks in winter... anyway too bad this beer is more expensive than average because of the shipping from Mexico.

220px-Corona-6Pack.JPG

In Australia I had a couple of this one which I found awesome (little creatures)

3015-little-creatures-pale-ale.-packjpg.

In Europe I enjoy the classic Heineken

Also in France we got this one (Desperados)

desperados-435386.jpg

Looks mexican probably for marketing reasons but it's made in France, there is a flavour of tequila inside which make it really awesome!

I have tried beers in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines (San Miguel)

I have to say beers from Belgium are really tasty and varied.

Never tried american beers though, I probably should!

@Manuser : Ah ben voila en français sur ce forum :) La corona et la desperados on connait aussi ça en Suisse t'inquiète ;)

For those who don't know what I Wrote, it's some french.

tequila flavored beer! weird

desperados-435386.jpg

Gotta try this if I ever see it. ;)

I've already drunk such beer. They're good and tastefull but it has nothing to do with tequila(although it's said that it's tequila flavoured on the labels)...Except about the cut lime taste ?

So many awesome beers all around the world

What do you think of Corona ? I used to really like it when I was living in Australia, back to France I felt the taste was different probably because I had drinks in winter... anyway too bad this beer is more expensive than average because of the shipping from Mexico.

220px-Corona-6Pack.JPG

Corona is OK; for a similar but better beer try Pacifico.

@Manuser : Ah ben voila en français sur ce forum :) La corona et la desperados on connait aussi ça en Suisse t'inquiète ;)

For those who don't know what I Wrote, it's some french.

I've already drunk such beer. They're good and tastefull but it has nothing to do with tequila(although it's said that it's tequila flavoured on the labels)...Except about the cut lime taste ?

hi my friend :)

to be honest I do think there is a tequila flavour in this beer but like you said there is also the lime flavour that probably cover it, they probably put just a drop of tequila, for marketing/selling reasons :D

@needle ninja: I have never seen this beer in Australia or Asia, never travelled in the US but i won't be surprised if you can't find it there...maybe possible to order online.

@Veracohr, never heard of Pacifico, thx for the recommendation :)

^ Depends what state in Australia you were from as to what response to that beer is :P heh. I don't mind it, normal xxxx though is basically cats piss!

Also slightly off topic but alcohol is the only drug I have ever done that has made me do shit I regret or wouldn't normally do.. :/