Human relations in Goa Trance world

Guest D N H

Guest D N H

Inside parties & festivals, inside forums, behind labels, behind artist projects, behind usernames & profiles, stand people, are persons. Real people who organize, produce, create, think, act, collaborate and express opinions and preferences, by close or from far.

It looks to be something like a community where the ultimate goal is great trance experiences, spiritual and artistic as well.

The subject of this topic is the human & social relations inside this community. The relations between artists, producers & persons. What kind of personal relations charecterize this scene and what type of relations or attitudes the scene's culture examplifies. How true or deep these relations can be.

Does the scene has limitations or prohibations for certain types of lifestyles, personalities, mentalities or attitudes?

Is the scene and it's activities affected or even poisoned by dissensions, dislikes or misanderstandings between persons?

Oh, there's still a few black sheep, local promoters mainly, who give a bad image, but artists talk with each other and these indelicate people don't survive for long in the scene :) What I really want erased out is the use of drugs, naturally. There's so many ways to enjoy good music or a good atmosphere without drugs... And if the music or the atmosphere aren't good, you should just leave.

Interview on psytrance.pl

I like this. The only comment I can make is in the USA the whole experience has a corporate structure. Extreme professionalism, exceptional customer service but above all a contract that explains the job description as well as expectations from both parties. I have seen party throwers sue in court the organizer because they promised a certain head count through their marketing and they didn't deliver. Also the options at the party at maximized for the most profit. Such as two hotdogs and a drink for a certain price. Usually a little menu with the options are listen. Or the door charge will be cleverly designed price structure wise so you pick for instance admissision and unlimited bar vs another "package"

As you asked i will try to answer this interesting, yet difficult question. Goa Trance is not very respected in the world and not a lot of people listen to it unfortunately. They dislike it and think it is strange music. Some people listen to it and usually those people are really chilly and smoke a joint from time to time. I know a few people who like this kind of music but do not listen to it very frequently. I know very few girls who listen to goa trance unfortunately.

Guest D N H

Yes, radi, this shit happens oftenly, but the subject i would like to concentrate in is the connections between the people of goa community.

The relations between artists, producers, organizers, promoters, fans, goa freaks, forum users, etc... What is the status of these relations that have to be inspired by goa cultural ideals and beliefs, like?

In the 1990s one could feel part of a Goa community, sharing a sense of belonging to a bigger system even if people had different backgrounds and perspectives. This, in Goa related subjects, as organizing parties, was in practice doing your part - decorating, e.g.- for free, for friendship, to help keep this sense of community alive. And the spirituality in Goa sound had a major role in this. But as the sound changed, the spirituality was gone, and community was replaced by organizations. From a quasi-religion, Goa became a business. Like any other. My 2 cents.