What ambient do you listen to?

radi6404

So this time instead of asking for recommendations I will ask what you listen to. What type of ambient or chillout do you listen? Do you also listen to goaambient and if which goa ambient do you listen to?

I would like you to psot whtat you listen to with descriptions in order to know what to check out.

I have been listening to a lot of Dreamhub lately .. the album "Moments in space" has some wonderful soundscapes. Peaceful and relaxing ambient.

I love listening to early Ambient / Drone production. Steve Roach is definitely a prominent playback for me. His tribal, hypnotic, engulfing compositions always leave me craving for more. I also enjoy Carbon Based Lifeforms, Brian Eno, and a whole lot of other guys.

As for current ambience, I thoroughly enjoy Solar Fields. He makes a lot of psychedelic albums centered around constantly changing themes that progress into a steady chill axing beatline.. He also has a few full on albums.

Right now, Robert Rich - Nest with Echo of Small Things next on the playlist. I've listened to these a lot recently. I dig them out whenever I need to calm down and all other music has some aspect or another which manages to bother me. Here I just hit 'play' and everything is fine for two hours.

At other times. piles of things from psydub and downbeat to dark and space...

Right now, Robert Rich - Nest with Echo of Small Things next on the playlist. I've listened to these a lot recently. I dig them out whenever I need to calm down and all other music has some aspect or another which manages to bother me. Here I just hit 'play' and everything is fine for two hours.

At other times. piles of things from psydub and downbeat to dark and space...

yeah I remember Robert Rich music is nice, haven't listened to him for a very while though.

by the way Mathias Grassow produces very interesting ambient, "Bliss" :D (very minimal)

http://www.mathias-grassow.de/

i remember one album, this one http://www.discogs.com/Nautic-Depths-North-Passage/release/1661659

very evil, i can't think of any darker ambient than that, but that's an interesting experience (i would not recommend to anyone though, lots of people might hate it you really have to be in the mood)

I wouldn't really consider psydub and psychedelic downtempo as ambient. Ambient to me is much more flowing and beatless, like say Brian Eno.

It's very rare that i listen to ambient, but when i do it's always a wonderful experience. One release that i enjoy very much is Kindheitstraum by Eric Delay. It has some minimal and glitch influences, and a lot of real life recordings. Kindheitstraum means childhood memories (AFAIK) and so there is a lot of recordings of children playing, it always brings me straight back to my childhood, and it gives me this feeling of endless summer. Imagine you live in an appartment building and you can hear every child in the building runnning around in the streets having the time of their life with all the innocence and naivety that children are so full of. Maybe my description is a little out there, but I can highly recommend it!

http://fslab.net/releases/frag012-eric-delay-kindheitstraum/

i totaly understand when people say they dont consider stuff with beats as ambient...i disagree, but i understand. im more a dark ambient/rythmic noise kinda guy...so these are the kinds of things i listen to:

edit: just listening to this again for this post i have to go on record as saying this empusea & shinkiro track is pure magic.

I am listening to loads of "normal" ambient too lately... And my favourites are indeed Matthias Grassow (some of his releases are extremely good), Steve Roach and Databloem releases.

I do listen to some psy-ambient, but only the deep stuff, which isn't that much released... Like Ultimae latest releases (Connect.Ohm was REALLY nice, I was dissapointed by Aes Dana though) and a BIG surprise, the new E-Mantra - Hermit Sanctuary is super good, deep and darkish ambient :)

the new E-Mantra - Hermit Sanctuary is super good, deep and darkish ambient :)

Good, I'll have to get that one as well then :D

I listen to a lot of psychill/psybient like Ishq, Solar Fields, CBL (and Sync24), Aes Dana (I liked his latest album a lot, very techish), and of course Shpongle although I have to say I've been listening to them a lot less the last two years. Other artists include Globular, Astropilot, the sentimony records compilations, Entheogenic, Androcell/Distant System, System7, etc...

My favorite psybient album from the past year is without a doubt Connect.Ohm's 9980... Fantastic!

Like Ultimae latest releases (Connect.Ohm was REALLY nice, I was dissapointed by Aes Dana though) and a BIG surprise, the new E-Mantra - Hermit Sanctuary is super good, deep and darkish ambient :)

I just listened to Connect.Ohm last night while buying E-Mantra from you. Got any more recommendations? :lol:

And indeed, I bought Aes Dana too out of habit (and because missing it now could mean paying 40e next year) but it hasn't received that many plays yet. Maybe there are moments where it fits better...

I wouldn't really consider psydub and psychedelic downtempo as ambient. Ambient to me is much more flowing and beatless, like say Brian Eno.

by that definition i don't listen to ambient at all. floating evolving pads put me to sleep or make me nervous because i'm looking for change where which doesn't come at the pace i'd expect. i do love psydub or downtempo goa though. ott, globular, e-mantra and all those tracks from cbl, aes dana and asura that have a beat :).

I definately need more ambient in my collection and will refer back to this thread. Thank you all!

The last ambient/chill release I bought was Dhamika - Floating EP and I really enjoy it.

EDIT: EVERYTHING IS ON YOUTUBE NOW-A-DAYS! ;p

here's my favorite of the 3 songs on that EP titled 'Snowflake'

the part at 2:17 strikes pure bliss for me