7. Plastik
EARWORM AND TICKETS

8. Kiffen
ABOMINATION, ANDROID SPIRIT, CONSTRUCTOR

9. Drop Of Water
MENOG

10. Object 008
SULIMA

What's this? A new Timecode compilation? Interesting.

Excuse me a sec...

lQ6KHxC.gif

Hell. Yes. The grandfathers of South African psytrance are back with their latest offering for all the twilight acid heads out there. For years they had set the standard for nighttime melodic darkness and catapulted their distinct sound into the ears of eager listeners. With their 30th release the track list is impressive put together by Tickets himself. And by the way he is on half the tracks on this thing be it as Tickets or Android Spirit.

Open Water- "Just relax and let it go. Don't f*ck around. Just do it."

Mr. Summs comes right out swinging with Hujaboy on the first track with that uneasy feeling the label has worked so hard to perfect. The whole "you done stepped in it now" vibe is ever present and hints at the wrong turn you may have just made. Good opener.

Power of Six- This is a relatively new artist to the Timecode fold, but it seems like he's gonna fit right in. Lasers, acid, and atmosphere. Would've liked a little more power and chaos, but not bad.

Welcome To The Zoo- Tickets has been getting away from the strict 4 on the floor stuff of his Timelapse album and becoming more theatrical and dare I say complex. Oh he'll still bring the heat and all his laser goodies, but even though he's getting more detailed it's missing its power. Good, but I find myself missing his chaotic monkey poo flinging acid ways.

The Doctor- "At the end of the day I would feel like I was a legal drug pusher."

0HfpdSJ.gif

Holy sh*t where the hell have you been? Probably having a great life gettin' high and banging multiple hot chicks at the same time you lucky bastard. Sounds like my life...you know minus the uh, drugs and multiple hot chicks. Oh, and you probably make way less trips to Wal-Mart. Nice to see you still use two scoops of acid in your psytrance. Good track.

April 2nd 1968- I like the bass line in this one, its got oomph. Synth lines roll out amidst the firing of many lasers and it's just gathers momentum as it progresses.

Expect The Unexpected- Nah I expected this track to blow and sure enough...It's more techy with a lot of percussive sounds as well as an extended break that is on par with wisdom teeth removal. By a Wal-Mart greeter. How the f*ck did this make it on here?

Plastik- My main man Earworm from the US! Never, and I repeat, I have never heard a bad track from this guy. Lasers and acid rips erupt like you're in the middle of a firefight. The basses are warm and there are plenty of sounds to keep you busy. Great track.

Kiffen- Lasers and a good groove keep this one hopping. At times floaty but more often than not bruising. Keep coming back to this one makes me want to dance. Hmmm...the wife's on call so...

4PKO0bl.gif

Worst. Harlem shake. Ever.

Drop of Water- "As men busied themselves about their various concerns they observed. They observed and studied."

Not one of Morgan's more stellar samples, but let's face it he could narrate what you had for breakfast and it would attract an audience. Daniel Bernardo needs no introduction as he's been doing the acid thing for quite some time. There was some dead space in the track early on, but he more than makes up for it with a blistering acid explosion. Good track.

Object 008- Closing things out is Sulima whom I thought was a dakpsy guy. And he may be, but he ends this compilation rightly with pumping rhythms and several twists and turns down a creepy hallway. Good stuff.

While this doesn't come close to their heyday back in the 2000's it's still pretty good. They represent the twilight sound with some very good tracks that will surely get you moving. Still scratching my head about that Lemurians track as it just didn't fit with any of the other tracks on the album. Oh well, like I said there's plenty of other acid laden goodness to consume. So congratulations Timecode, you've still got it.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I agree with T2MU. This is not as great as the 2003-2006 period of Timecode(what is after all? :P), but it's very nice. After all that old superphat SA sound is not that common anymore.

I really-really-really wish that Timecode never dies and continues to release more cds. For me Timecode is my all time favourite label and I wil support them for ever.

Lol, the GIFs keep distracting me from reading the review... but then again I'm pretty sure the GIFs are the review. I mean, hey, if an album makes me do all that spiderman harlem shake jazz then I guess its a pretty damn powerful swanky tune.

Nice to hear :)

Yes we indeed plan to bring more CDs out this year ... was nice to have that format after almost 3 years of just digital releases ...

another problem is also that most sa artists from back then stopped producing (cause of family or work) or have less output then b4...

anyway we are sure we got some nice treats to feed the ears in the next few months :)

Lol, the GIFs keep distracting me from reading the review... but then again I'm pretty sure the GIFs are the review. I mean, hey, if an album makes me do all that spiderman harlem shake jazz then I guess its a pretty damn powerful swanky tune.

;)

Nice to see Arkansas representing. Hardly a hotbed of psychedelic activity...or is it?

Nice kitty. Good kitty.

Mdk