Artist: Microcosm

Title: Higher Levels

Label: Released on Ektoplazm

Date: October, 2011

01 - Ultraphoric Spacevibes (142 BPM)
02 - Eternal Circle (143 BPM)
03 - Beautiful Hallucinations (142 BPM)
04 - Ignition (141 BPM)
05 - When We All Come Together (142 BPM)
06 - Ultimatum (145 BPM)
07 - Perpetual Sunrise (144 BPM)
08 - Spacey Kebab (138 BPM)
09 - Destination Paradise (129 BPM)

Dessert is good. Everybody likes dessert!

TXG6xAz.gif

You know McCoy was begging for a script where he could haul off and whack a b*tch. Bet he wishes it was Kirk though.

Pies, cookies, fruit...somehow the French shoehorned cheese into the dessert cart and now the smooth bottom of dessert has a pimple on it. Old school goa trance is like a twelve layer chocolate cake with zero calories when done well. Pleiadians, Etnica, Transwave, Astral...all classics that never get old.

nnntbpq.gif

Well make room at the table because here comes Microcosm.

The Norwegian duo Fredrik Larsen and Georg Simonsen released and album that has been compared to Transdimensional by Dimension 5. And I fully agree. This was there only album and thanks to a close friend of theirs we are privileged to hear it. It is everything you could want in goa trance. Relentless, melodic, atmosphereic, entrancing, mind numbing. It soars and it growls, floats and dives. There were times I thought this could be D5 and times when I thought I heard a little M-Run and Crossing Mind. Just a marvelous piece of music.

2 bits of bad news. Primarily, Fredrik is no longer of this Earth. No idea how it happened, but let it be known that he was partially responsible for unleashing this old school beast on the masses. It should take it's place right up there with the more well known albums.

Second, there is some background noise on the 320 mp3's. It's minor and for home listening it doesn't really sully the quality of this masterpiece. But you can hear it on some tracks. I've never been to a festival or party, but I imagine it wouldn't work on a big set of speakers. But who knows?

If you are a fan of goa trance you already know about this. If it managed to slip under your radar, do yourself a favor and get thee to Ektoplazm and own this brilliant work or art.

Free at Ektoplazm

Mdk

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nice album with a lot of work to achieve intensity and harmony.

Possible weakness: a bit more variety would have been appreciated, the album is very sunny I would have liked a few darker moments to keep it balanced. Also, I wish there were more breaks during the tracks, most tracks are very intense and don't allow any rest. And what happened to the ending of some tracks like track 7?

Strengths: definitely no weak track in this album, no filler, maximal melodic goa trance at its best. This's melodic from the 1st to the last second. Some tracks take you very far away, like tracks 1 or 7. The production is very good on the whole, i'm truly impressed by the hard work in this album.

Best tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Still a masteriece! It sounded like old 'maximum' Goatrance glory in 2011, and sounds the same today.

Fredrik og Georg ~ two Norwegians classic stellar goa-trance album on Ektoplazm  - a "self-release".

A high rise from the north of PLUR to the Goatrance scene.

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/microcosm-higher-levels

~ Old-school Goatrance figs kind of fruit music *wasp inside*, holy grail and the floating astral dance, right into the end of the grave. Aum namah Shivaya,  Aum namah Shivaya
~ Classic GOA. Quality gets a say. Diverts in the speaker, jah man. Let the sunshine in. 1Love

Boom Shankar!

• Confused 1

• 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...