Boards of Canada

Panoptes

I found "Music Has The Right To Children" at a flea market for a ridiculously cheap price I think last year and it's kind of an OK album, but at times even a little bit pretentious. Favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcvG9BEZaGM

How are their other albums? More of the same or something completely different?

Kid For Today was nice, Nlogax is crap.

• 1 month later...

For me personally it took some time for me to adapt to them, but I really enjoy quite a bit of BoC, especially if I am working :) Over the years I have mainly been listing to Geogaddi and Music Has The Right To Children.

my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_DzH7u72eU

• 2 weeks later...

Got the new album a few days ago. Yeah, it sounds nice and all but I can't get rid of the feeling that all the tracks are more like short sketches based around one idea, or then just some random synth tinkering that's going nowhere. Maybe it's that we as psychill/goa/psytrance listeners are used to longer tracks, usually with a myriad of things going on.

Got the new album a few days ago. Yeah, it sounds nice and all but I can't get rid of the feeling that all the tracks are more like short sketches based around one idea, or then just some random synth tinkering that's going nowhere. Maybe it's that we as psychill/goa/psytrance listeners are used to longer tracks, usually with a myriad of things going on.

they are minimal and repetitive, this is something you come to accept if you appreciate their music.