Mixed feelings about Pleiadians/ Etnica

radi6404

the whole goa sound etc was based on ''made'' myths

sometimes there is a basis(skills,creativity etc) to build a myth (as happened in the past)and sometimes not

the neo goa movement needs myths(withe reference in the past) to stay alive

''ooo sounds like AP, ooooooo like Etnica,,,ooooooo here we have the new Hallucinogen''

my opinion in 20 years we will not have statements like

'''oo here is the new Filteria,here we have the new Artha or the new Goasia''

the reason is too obvious to comment about :ph34r:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D N H
my opinion in 20 years we will not have statements like

'''oo here is the new Filteria,here we have the new Artha or the new Goasia''

Interesting comment...

You believe goa trance won't exist then? Or many newschool releases will be forgotten or ignored?

i dont know

if there is goa trance ,i dont believe the todays so called BIG stars will stand as MYTHS(as old project stands Peiadians etc)

the reason ???

is to obvious to comment about :)

to make it easier if there is ''goa trance'' the reference of the future listeners still will be on older projects(Etnica ettcc)

to make it more easier ''goa sound'' (with all the characteristics which establish the movement as a very original part of music world)died long time ago

i live with that and i love it

^ That is one way of looking at it I guess. I like to think of it as having evolved into something new that will be remembered in its own right.

Just like Sky input (7/8 years old now!) is remembered already as the most maximal album now. These new artists will be remembered, for their own achievements, the best of them anyway.

The problem for getting little fame of those artists is the music tiself. it sounds very digital and soulless, so not many people like it. If the sterile style will be replaced by something really interesting and changing I don't see newschool artist not becoming legends.

If the sterile style will be replaced by something really interesting and changing I don't see newschool artist not becoming legends.

ii dont think so

as i said a long time ago

its different nowdays artists to have musical backround and reference old bands like Etnica,Hallucinogen etc

and it was a different thing old bands Etnica,Hallucinogen etc had as backround and reference punk,new wave,ebm,industrial etc etc bands

and the above statement follows the thought i have that the music in any style(trance ,techno etc etc) doesnt evaluate as happened in the past

its a matter of backround and reference

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, the good old Psynews drama, how I missed it :D!

However, this is only my humble opinion, which, no matter if you like it or not, is made public.

There is a reason why I don't visit forums anymore. What's even worse is that I will spend some of my time to actually answer Reger.

Yeah! Me and Suntrip were sitting in a business meeting in 2004 and were thinking how can we promote and sell my soulless album to the newcomers of this scene. Let's say it's inspired by Pleiadians! We would gain so much popularity by mentioning this band from 1996 and trying to move away from acts such as Infected Mushroom, Astrix or GMS. It was the excellent move to make! I mean IM and Astrix weren't getting attention nor did they get gigs while Pleiadians were playing their IFO album every weekend around the world. I could finally ride on their current (2004) success. With this business model we could become known and wealthy.

Are you seriously for real?

Re-read my posts again, nowhere did I say that your/Suntrip's babbling and self-promotion and riding on Etnicas/Pleiadians info-wave gained you "mainstream" recognition in psytrance scene, I will clarify myself - Im talking about goa trance aka oldschool scene and not the killargh fullon.

However, I disagree with your statement that back in 2003 it didnt have any weight to gaining popularity when you/Suntrip mentioned Pleiadians/Etnica - back then, as you inclined, there was no present scene of goa trance/melodic psytrance/whatever you call it, thus, it was easier to promote your music and spread the word about this new "Etnica/Pleiadians" guy in town, you know, mass histeria and shit. Purely speculation on my side.

Copying classics or "being inspired by them" and babbling about it in public to create a name for yourself is rather "fake", Ive always thought like that.

In my opinion you either build up your name with your music or you dont, this is not rap music where you have to yell it out loud how bad mothafucka you think you are to become popular no matter how good or bad your rap is so just to make people talk about you and spread the news.

You either make your name with your music or you dont, you dont go around screaming like a:

retard

OMG I SOUND LIKE PLEIADIANS BUT NOT LIKE THEM and then release something that makes some folks perceive it as either joke or copycat thing.

Oh and that thing about "unique filteria sound" - are we talking about ever-present one certain synth(?) sound in all tracks of Sky Input :D? Because thats all there was for "uniqueness" in that album, the rest sounded like attempt at copying E/P.

And you said: "If an artist wants to pay tribute and show how much this or that music/artist has inspired him then I see no problems in that, its fun, its great and it takes some skill to put it into the way that it sounds like something else, yet doesnt manage to copy it 1:1(which, anyway, is impossible)."

On my last album from 2009 "Daze of our lives": You call tracks like: Filtertraces, Eyeless Observatory, In the heaven's eye, earthrise, float away for something that sound like Pleiadians? Really?.. That's great...

I dont, I never said so, perhaps I should have been more specific, I apologise for that.

I do have to say that some of your tracks do kick ass, but all the over-hype and all that fucking sacrilege around masters at that time of your first release made it all look like total wanabe garbage, too much of "me too" in that album IMO(talking about your first here).

Some of KOB's tracks are also hard pounding.

However, I expect artists to make music that comes form THEIR heart and from THEIR unique experience rather than some sort of homage/tribute to someones else music, its blunt and its pale in my opinion and adds nothing but a background noise no matter whats the reason for such release, even if its to revive a dead horse.

Ive never met you in real life so I have no idea whos the person behind F/KOB, perhaps I would have different opinion if I knew you, but such is life, we base our opinions on what we know, read and see, be it IRL on in virtual life.

I wish you the very best with your music ;)!

ii dont think so

as i said a long time ago

its different nowdays artists to have musical backround and reference old bands like Etnica,Hallucinogen etc

and it was a different thing old bands Etnica,Hallucinogen etc had as backround and reference punk,new wave,ebm,industrial etc etc bands

and the above statement follows the thought i have that the music in any style(trance ,techno etc etc) doesnt evaluate as happened in the past

its a matter of backround and reference

It is not that, most new goa trance is uninsprative and jsut uses lots of sounds which is really really boring. Any newschool artist is doing the same. Listen to some tracks on Boris Blenn - Berlin future lounge or the other Berlin album and you will experience, what complex music is and aktually how simple the copy and paste newschool filteria mantra killa newschool music is. If people really love and believe that music is complex, they don't know what music is, what synchonicy is, what harmony is. Boris Blenn is an artist, like Astral and Simon Posford who you can take as reference either with their oldest works back in 1993 or their latest works that are released nowadays, that is not the case with most newschool.

Well with this whole Filteria sounds like Pleiadians stuff, well connection there is made no doubt. But I heavily disagree that it sounds like a copycat. Sky Input is some groovy shit that doesn't hold anything back. Pleiadians was a sophisticated evolution of an old sound that ended up having crazy melodies for climaxes. Filteria is about crazy melodies and.. well that's where the connection it ends. Stylistically Sky Input is from another planet. Both great in their own merit, subjectively of course - but to say they sound the same is very narrow-minded.

[offtopic rantmode]

I really hate how artists say they don't visit forums or bother to read feedback that goes online - then go out there on to a festival and listen some half drunks say how your gig was da bamb! KILLARGH LIKE SKAUZI! And then take that shit into heart.

You have to learn how to read between the lines, to find the good shit. Ignoring and dismissing all of it is just weak. And reeks of.. well.. you know.

You are absolutely right reger, Filteria is absolutely a wannabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo true, and you are so right that suntrip and he himself were pushing it extremly much that he sounds like pleiadians. I think you can say you sound like someone, if you really sound like him, you can say you sound similar, but not that you sound exactly like that artist and not push it all the time and also the label so the fame rises. Filteria is uncreative music with lots and lots of layers which is typically copy and paste. Add one melody, duplicate the channels several times, copy and paste the melody, edit it, appregiate it and add some filter and alter the gain and you have Filteria cheese.

But you know what, it even worked out for Filteria and Suntrip, he is in fact very fammmous and is by far the most fammous newschool artist. And his style now will be copie by later newschool artists who will produce fast bpm trance with 500 layers, no breaks and one melody after the other so a track contains 20 different melodies not connected to each other and the brain has a hard time memorizing the melodies and confuses.

Radi, you just won the silly post award of eternity.

It sounds like a hyperbolic sarcastic joke post but then I realized you are being for real. I can name just one artist that felt more filteria than anything old school and that was old mindsphere, even that being a stretch, all else is kinda like... not filteria-like? Who woulda thought?

Well with this whole Filteria sounds like Pleiadians stuff, well connection there is made no doubt. But I heavily disagree that it sounds like a copycat. Sky Input is some groovy shit that doesn't hold anything back. Pleiadians was a sophisticated evolution of an old sound that ended up having crazy melodies for climaxes. Filteria is about crazy melodies and.. well that's where the connection it ends. Stylistically Sky Input is from another planet. Both great in their own merit, subjectively of course - but to say they sound the same is very narrow-minded.

I dont it sounds the same and didnt say so.

It seems an artist just can't win. When Goa died everyone was crying about minimal and how they wanted real Goa trance back again... that sounded like Pleiadians and Etnica. An artist is influenced by them and references them so that people understand there is an artist who feels like we do, and makes the melodic Goa he wants to make and now people are crying about how he's ripping off their sound, or crying about how he's not ripping off their sound but ripping off their name, or crying about how he's not ripping off their sound well enough.

People should have some fucking respect.

It seems an artist just can't win. When Goa died everyone was crying about minimal and how they wanted real Goa trance back again... that sounded like Pleiadians and Etnica. An artist is influenced by them and references them so that people understand there is an artist who feels like we do, and makes the melodic Goa he wants to make and now people are crying about how he's ripping off their sound, or crying about how he's not ripping off their sound but ripping off their name, or crying about how he's not ripping off their sound well enough.

People should have some fucking respect.

This.

[offtopic rantmode]

I really hate how artists say they don't visit forums or bother to read feedback that goes online - then go out there on to a festival and listen some half drunks say how your gig was da bamb! KILLARGH LIKE SKAUZI! And then take that shit into heart.

You have to learn how to read between the lines, to find the good shit. Ignoring and dismissing all of it is just weak. And reeks of.. well.. you know.

Radi, you just won the silly post award of eternity.

It sounds like a hyperbolic sarcastic joke post but then I realized you are being for real. I can name just one artist that felt more filteria than anything old school and that was old mindsphere, even that being a stretch, all else is kinda like... not filteria-like? Who woulda thought?

I am just tired of the newschool sound and how artists do not change it. It is a different style and event he good tracks with great melodies, e-mantra, sinsun, they still have tons of sounds that are not neccesarry and make the tune sound busy. Why not a change? Take Boris Blenn or Simon Posford for example, the stuff is like it ever was.

I am aktually wondering how the obsession with a lot of layers began at all?

Don't you guys realize that all music, at some point, is referred to by the music that influenced it? It's a way for people who are just reading/hearing words instead of hearing the music to get some idea of what it sounds like. It's a mistake to think an artist would only mention their influence's names to capitalize on it.

:lol:

Epic

reger you have an average of 6.7 messages per day. (for a straight full 8.5 years)

how did you manage that???

:P:D

That count comes from golden age of Psynews off-topic, circa 2005-2006.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?app=members&module=list&max_results=20&sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc&filter=ALL

He should try harder then, because:

that is even more spectacular!!!!!

if 15.000 posts were made in 2.5 years,that would make an average of 16.5 posts per day!!!

:blink: :blink: :P :P :D :D

...at the peak period of spamming some members had 100 posts per day :lol:!