Mixed feelings about Pleiadians/ Etnica

radi6404

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm.....

I don't think anyone should knock him for being "inspired by" them, geeze as if it wasn't obvious when you heard his music anyway!

They are/were his favourite group and he loves that sound as do many others so big deal. Radi.. Filteria sounds how filteria wants, nothing to do with suntrip making him sound like anything...Pretty sure they give their artists some of the most freedom in the scene to take as long as they want and sound however they want.

If people dont like the music thats cool but i just don't think its fair to bag someone for having the balls to write the music they want the way they want, inspired by their favourite groups or not. Fact is if he was simply a "copycat" looking for "fame" he wouldn't be writing goa trance thats for sure...

[...] might work for consumerist kiddies who want their new stuff and dont listen to oldschool.

What "consumerist kiddies" are listening to new-school Goa trance? What new-school Goa fans don't also listen to oldschool? Why do people pretend that any music they don't like must therefore only be liked by "consumerist kiddies"?

What "consumerist kiddies" are listening to new-school Goa trance? What new-school Goa fans don't also listen to oldschool? Why do people pretend that any music they don't like must therefore only be liked by "consumerist kiddies"?

I know, right?!

If people dont like the music thats cool but I just don't think its fair to bag someone for having the balls to write the music they want the way they want, inspired by their favourite groups or not. Fact is if he was simply a "copycat" looking for "fame" he wouldn't be writing goa trance thats for sure...

Yeah, that's sure, then he would surely make some shity electronical music you can hear anywhere like in most of club or bar.

Yeah, that's sure, then he would surely make some shity electronical music you can hear anywhere like in most of club or bar.

Filteria is very fammous among goa and psy fans and is one of the most fammous newschoolers around, he gets metnioned everywhere on forums and I think his music is a bit commercial for sure.

Filteria is very fammous among goa and psy fans and is one of the most fammous newschoolers around, he gets metnioned everywhere on forums and I think his music is a bit commercial for sure.

it all depend on what you means by commercial.

In this case I would more say "popular". Since he's making goa trance music, I don't think his first objectiv is doing a lot of dollar, otherwrise and trust me, he would be throw in banal electro house since age. So you can't really say he's doing commercial stuff.

But you might say that his stuff are getting "popular", and as you said he gets mentioned more and more on this forum. It doesn't means he's commercial, it means he's becomming popular. There's a difference ;)

I will reserve my opinion on this, yet another "inspired by Etnica/Pleiadians" producer, I highly disliked how Filteria was marketed and how he presented himself as being "inspired by Etnica/Pleiadians" yet sounded like he/Suntrip wanted to gain more sales and not with much content and "spiritual/cultural" value been there in his tracks.

Sorry, my 2c and some will agree with me, some not.

I hope this dude does better than this, because there is no grace and fame in being wanabe copycat, wont work for me, might work for consumerist kiddies who want their new stuff and dont listen to oldschool.

When I spoke with Cristian (MR), about Chromatic World tune, I told him that I like the direction that track got and that I feel some influences from Etnica/Pleiadians, which is something that is obvious to anybody who checked Soundcloud link, and I personally like how he managed to achieve that. Afterall, I wouldn't speak with him if I don't like the creation/music. He told me that he wanted to have some Etnica/Pleiadians influences in the track, but honestly I don't see anything wrong with that.

Anyway, I hope the complete release won't dissapoint you and that you gonna enjoy listening to it, when it comes out, FOR FREE DOWNLOAD, ofcourse.

It is not important if it comes out for free or not. I am ready and willing to spend money on good music. I would even donate free albums, I want to give some money and support the artist for good music, but let's see how the tracks will be, the music was fine but the kickdrum was odd somehow.

Guest D N H

Alien Vessel waked me up! Great track, great mentality.

The other tracks are good also, good sound. Temporary insane's sounds are mind twisting as Rollercoaster's last part. Nice boot!!

It's a promising act. I think Telekinesis needs a little attention in structure and theme holding/psychedelic complexity.

Chromatic World remind me in the beginning of Sky Input except of Etnica of which more in the last part. Powerful with deep sound.

I believe some users here try to say that Filteria is making more easy melodies, more accessible music with cheerful effects and playful drives, and lately it looks to take a more mellow approach even touching euphoric trance. Time will show what the artist desires to create.

Wow, all is getting confused, people speak about Etnia/pleiadians and about the similarities you find in Chromatic world by Morphic resonnance, and in parallel, people talk about Filteria.

Im a bit lost.

But if I've something to say about Morphic resonnance, I checked too his other sounds and it's also great stuff ! Definitly looking forward his first release !

You clearly took that one sentence out of context and asked me questions that I will never be able to answer to, simply because Ive never said that only wanabe consumerist kiddies listen to new-school and I also never said that newcommers to the scene dont listen to oldschool classics and masterpieces.

What I said is that blatantly and shamelessly copying someone or willing to "sound like someone" ie ripping off might be effective towards gaining some fans among people who are new to the psytrance scene and who dont know the difference between Etnica and "shitload of Etnica's influence in ones tracks"!

There are also people who always want the latest, the freshest, thats why there is pop culture and thats why I believe such people can be met in every musical genre, they will demand latest and greatest without actually caring or knowing about how the real stuff sounds and what is original and is only weak-inspired copy-cat material, hence the consumerist-kiddies remark.

Re-read my last paragraph from which you took my quote, it says exactly that.

When I spoke with Cristian (MR), about Chromatic World tune, I told him that I like the direction that track got and that I feel some influences from Etnica/Pleiadians, which is something that is obvious to anybody who checked Soundcloud link, and I personally like how he managed to achieve that. Afterall, I wouldn't speak with him if I don't like the creation/music. He told me that he wanted to have some Etnica/Pleiadians influences in the track, but honestly I don't see anything wrong with that.

Anyway, I hope the complete release won't dissapoint you and that you gonna enjoy listening to it, when it comes out, FOR FREE DOWNLOAD, ofcourse.

If an artist wants to pay tribute and show how much this or that music/artist has inspired him then I see no problems in that, its fun, its great and it takes some skill to put it into the way that it sounds like something else, yet doesnt manage to copy it 1:1(which, anyway, is impossible).

However, if the whole albums are "isnpired" and sound "borrowed" or "on the wave of someones else popularity with someones else name attached to it to gain hits/plays" then its rather lame and un-creative.

Any form of art can be inspirational, but there is fine border between being inspired by and staying creative and being overly-inspired and get stuck in the same sound that youve been inspired by.

Another thing - look at Alpha Circuit's Module-Z album - lots of good tracks, other than shit mastering/production it didnt sound like it copied from specific artists, yet he managed to have some nice trance vibe and oldschool feeling to his tracks.

Pitty that the sound quality was such a shit, probably the biggest reason why it wasnt popular and didnt sell.

I guess Im a bit off-topic with this post.

You clearly took that one sentence out of context and asked me questions that I will never be able to answer to, simply because Ive never said that only wanabe consumerist kiddies listen to new-school and I also never said that newcommers to the scene dont listen to oldschool classics and masterpieces.

What I said is that blatantly and shamelessly copying someone or willing to "sound like someone" ie ripping off might be effective towards gaining some fans among people who are new to the psytrance scene and who dont know the difference between Etnica and "shitload of Etnica's influence in ones tracks"!

There are also people who always want the latest, the freshest, thats why there is pop culture and thats why I believe such people can be met in every musical genre, they will demand latest and greatest without actually caring or knowing about how the real stuff sounds and what is original and is only weak-inspired copy-cat material, hence the consumerist-kiddies remark.

Re-read my last paragraph from which you took my quote, it says exactly that.

If an artist wants to pay tribute and show how much this or that music/artist has inspired him then I see no problems in that, its fun, its great and it takes some skill to put it into the way that it sounds like something else, yet doesnt manage to copy it 1:1(which, anyway, is impossible).

However, if the whole albums are "isnpired" and sound "borrowed" or "on the wave of someones else popularity with someones else name attached to it to gain hits/plays" then its rather lame and un-creative.

Any form of art can be inspirational, but there is fine border between being inspired by and staying creative and being overly-inspired and get stuck in the same sound that youve been inspired by.

That is absolutely true, using someone else's name to get more hits is dumb, even though his music does not really sound like Etnica or Pleiadians in my opinion. I really am rady to listen to him and say good things about Filteria, but he just is not my cup of tea with 500 layers playing simultaniously and the soft newschool sound.

There are also people who always want the latest, the freshest, thats why there is pop culture

Wrong. The reason why pop culture exists is much, much more complex, but I think you already know that. I don't quite see how this applies to filteria and suntrip records. Filteria became popular (worldwide) in the last 5 years, but has been producing music for much longer. Surely he and his label can name an influence of his? It's not like he nor Suntrip are getting rich out of this and I don't think it's their intention either. They just like to make and release the music they want to make/like/release.

The criticism you have on it seems not only a bit harsh but also completely unjustified. You can say Filteria is not your cup of tea, but that doesn't change anything about the facts that new goa trance still has a very small fanshare amongst other psygenre's worldwide and that there's no money in it whatsoever.

Who said anything about money? I didnt. Did you?

Using someones else name to get gain popularity is, IMHO, weak.

I remember how everyone from Suntrip and Filteria himself were pushing it all the time mentioning how Filteria sounds like Pleiadians or even better(at least technically). If you dont find that odd and wrong to try to market artist in our scene like that, then its your choice.

I find it odd and wouldnt want to do any of that myself, wheres the fucking creativity? Youre either good or youre not, why babbling about other bands and comparing your wannabe music to masters to begin with?

I repeat, taking someones else name and fame as a core of your own music's promotion is just lame and just shows how an artist lacks creativity and only regurgitates someones else music and name.

Good technical skills in such case is the only thing that such "artist" can bring to the table.

In that case even chimps could be as creative to some extent.

Wheres creativity in that?
Is that considered normal?

You are absolutely right reger, Filteria is absolutely a wannabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo true, and you are so right that suntrip and he himself were pushing it extremly much that he sounds like pleiadians. I think you can say you sound like someone, if you really sound like him, you can say you sound similar, but not that you sound exactly like that artist and not push it all the time and also the label so the fame rises. Filteria is uncreative music with lots and lots of layers which is typically copy and paste. Add one melody, duplicate the channels several times, copy and paste the melody, edit it, appregiate it and add some filter and alter the gain and you have Filteria cheese.

But you know what, it even worked out for Filteria and Suntrip, he is in fact very fammmous and is by far the most fammous newschool artist. And his style now will be copie by later newschool artists who will produce fast bpm trance with 500 layers, no breaks and one melody after the other so a track contains 20 different melodies not connected to each other and the brain has a hard time memorizing the melodies and confuses.

There is a reason why I don't visit forums anymore. What's even worse is that I will spend some of my time to actually answer Reger.

Yeah! Me and Suntrip were sitting in a business meeting in 2004 and were thinking how can we promote and sell my soulless album to the newcomers of this scene. Let's say it's inspired by Pleiadians! We would gain so much popularity by mentioning this band from 1996 and trying to move away from acts such as Infected Mushroom, Astrix or GMS. It was the excellent move to make! I mean IM and Astrix weren't getting attention nor did they get gigs while Pleiadians were playing their IFO album every weekend around the world. I could finally ride on their current (2004) success. With this business model we could become known and wealthy.

Are you seriously for real?

In that case I would mention Infected Mushroom or Astrix who is and was far more popular or just make full on while it had it's peak. I chose Goatrance which barely existed in 2003 out of pure love and worked HARD for all my success. If you think I gained fans and became popular because I wrote in 2003 that I was inspired by Pleiadians and the oldschool goatrance then you are a retard. I was totally unknown until 2006 (except in this forum) when I started to play on the big festivals. That's when things started to move.

And you said: "If an artist wants to pay tribute and show how much this or that music/artist has inspired him then I see no problems in that, its fun, its great and it takes some skill to put it into the way that it sounds like something else, yet doesnt manage to copy it 1:1(which, anyway, is impossible)."

On my last album from 2009 "Daze of our lives": You call tracks like: Filtertraces, Eyeless Observatory, In the heaven's eye, earthrise, float away for something that sound like Pleiadians? Really?.. That's great...

Edit: Favorite song by Pleiadians: Maia

Filteria is very fammous among goa and psy fans and is one of the most fammous newschoolers around

Yes. But despite this he is not as famous as Kindzadza, who is not as famous as Infected Mushroom, who are not as famous as Skrillex, who is not as famous as Justin Bieber. He is the only one of the above-mentioned artists whose Wikipedia page says "The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies.". If he wanted to get more hits, he obviously wouldn't be making new-school Goa trance.

I remember how everyone from Suntrip and Filteria himself were pushing it all the time mentioning how Filteria sounds like Pleiadians or even better(at least technically). If you dont find that odd and wrong to try to market artist in our scene like that, then its your choice.

I find it odd and wouldnt want to do any of that myself, wheres the fucking creativity? Youre either good or youre not, why babbling about other bands and comparing your wannabe music to masters to begin with?

Obviously, because when his debut came out new-school Goa was almost non-existent, many artists were heavily influenced by 1200mics or IM or Parasense or LB, and very few artists were heavily influenced by E/P. Writing press releases that mention an artist's distinguishing characteristics was a perfectly sensible way of drawing the attention of listeners who wanted to hear something that sounded more like old-school Goa than other contempary psytrance, which Filteria clearly did.

You are absolutely right reger, Filteria is absolutely a wannabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really bizarre, coming from the man who's continually going on about how his compositions sound like genuine old-school Goa.

That is sooo true, and you are so right that suntrip and he himself were pushing it extremly much that he sounds like pleiadians. I think you can say you sound like someone, if you really sound like him, you can say you sound similar, but not that you sound exactly like that artist

When did Filteria or Suntrip ever claim that he sounds exactly like Pleiadians? I've never seen such a thing. I have seen this, though:

He has been strongly influenced by the sound of 96-97 especially by the Italian maestros Etnica-Pleiadians but he found his 'Filteria style' and keeps it up to date.

Filteria is uncreative music with lots and lots of layers which is typically copy and paste. Add one melody, duplicate the channels several times, copy and paste the melody, edit it, appregiate it and add some filter and alter the gain and you have Filteria cheese.

You know Radi, people really try to be polite about the amateurish tracks you post here. It's times like this that I wonder why they bother.

i think the reason for filteria coming up first as an artist name for newschool goa simply is, because the release sky input on suntrip marked the renaissance of goa trance. it wasn't the first (ethereals' anima mundi takes that prize), but it was the first not to slip under the radar. there's a thread on the goabase titled "oldschool is back!" with now hundreds of pages, but the first post is a euphoric review of sky input.

the other point here is unimaginative festival promoters who want to reach an audience that's as large as possible or pacify those horrible guys always critisizing the lineup and shouting for some newschool (like me :) ). i imagine they simply check for the most prominent label and choose the artist with the most releases or something (or copy from other festivals' lineup). so this summer i'll see filteria the third time (not that i'm complaining, mind you ;) ), but equally good artists like ra or artha (or many others) are nowhere to be seen.

btw: i don't think that filteria sounds like etnica/pleiadians at all. both have a signature sound that's instantly recognizable

i think the reason for filteria coming up first as an artist name for newschool goa simply is, because the release sky input on suntrip marked the renaissance of goa trance. it wasn't the first (ethereals' anima mundi takes that prize)

Tranceform Records are probably one of the pioneers of 2nd wave, but still in my book I consider complete 'psychedelic' opus from Cygnetic Records to be true and only legit starting point of so-called newschool goa trance wave, even their music had influences from oldschool artists such as Astral Projection, MFG, etc.

Who said anything about money? I didnt. Did you?

Using someones else name to get gain popularity is, IMHO, weak.

I repeat, taking someones else name and fame as a core of your own music's promotion is just lame and just shows how an artist lacks creativity and only regurgitates someones else music and name.

Good technical skills in such case is the only thing that such "artist" can bring to the table.

In that case even chimps could be as creative to some extent.

Wheres creativity in that?

Is that considered normal?

Wow... is this real life??

Its not lame at all to promote something as inspired by something else when the "scene" was desperately crying out for something like that amidst a full on explosion....

What else were they supposed to say?? That it didn't sound like goa trance???

To use a basketball analogy, everyone always compares the great new upcoming players to Michael Jordan, yet only a few turn out to be even close. Those few are the ones that bring their own flare and talent to the game whilst still being "inspired" by him..

I think you have missed the whole point, and that is that the beauty lies in the way you expand upon that inspiration and make it your own, just as Filteria has done and continues to do as he grows as an artist with every single release!

Im sure he has heard this rubbish backlash before when it released, hopefully it doesn't change anything and he keeps doing his thing!

wasn't this topic meant to be about pleiadians and etnica?

if you want to make a "lets bash filteria topic" then start one

filteria sounds nothing like either of them, any moron can tell that (if you actually listen to his music)

was he inspired, bloody to right, they are the masters! most artists have at some stage.

filteria rocks! and deserves respect for his artform

and don't trash suntrip you fuckers! how could you, they are the perfect label at the top of this genre

and you bashers are obviously jealous! (especially you radi) with your amature music that sounds nothing like old school!, go gobble a goat!

You know Radi, people really try to be polite about the amateurish tracks you post here. It's times like this that I wonder why they bother.

What are you trying to tell me here, Rotwant? That I said my music is not amateur? It is very amateur and it sounds unfinished, almost any track of it. but I have talked with many friend and here on the forum and they agree it does sound old. I did not say anything more, I did not say it is great or finished music, did I? I don't care what you or others think about my music, because I am man enough to know it is not great nor is it really good or finished, it is just some experiments with poor mixing.

But I like how Reger dares and stands up to say that what is going on with suntrip and newschool is not really allright. Since it is a completely different style to me than real goa trance. Filteria does not sound to me like real goa trance, he sounds like newschool goa trance and it is far away from real goa trance. Look at the old albums by MFG; Astral, Etnica/Pleiadians, Hallucinogen, Ayahuasca, youth, EU, Indoor and many more. Their tracks are complete tracks, fully thought out and with proper climaxes and breaks and everything to have tracks that really tell a story. The tracks have enough sounds to sound complex but do not have so many sounds that the brain gets cconfused and the music sounds dizzy and overcrouded. That is a big problem with newschool. Also the soft sound of the new music shows that the artists use the mainstream synths and don't probably even edit the presets. Since the newschool leads sound exactly like some preset leads on albino, z3ta, Vanguard and the likes. Absolutely soft and absolutely digital. I really hope that the complaints of me and reger and some other people who have complained like the American guy whose name I can't remember will make suntrip and newschool artists rethink a bit so they try harder to sound like real oldschool goa trance with the right mix of layers, synths sounding analogue and not digital like Albino or z3ta presets and proper climaxes, but I think that will not happen. Especially nwo we complained they will on porpuse produce digital sounding nweschool.

And about my music again, if you tell me it is crap, you don#t say anything new, Rotwang.

Guest D N H

There is a reason why I don't visit forums anymore. What's even worse is that I will spend some of my time to actually answer Reger.

Well, i think that when a producer is not present, criticism becomes more expressive. But nonetheless, there will always be criticism, that's something natural in a way. Since your music gets out of your house, opinions will come.

It looks awkward when an artist or a producer doesn't look upon different views or rejects no fan areas.

This can really happen inside psynews..

The ideal is to have Goa as a cult, as a state of mind and above (often) subjective relations.

edit: Let's not forget this topic.. Human relations in Goa Trance world