Klopfgeister - Smiles and More

Trance2MoveU

Gcow57M.jpg

Artist: Klopfgeister

Title: Smiles and More

Label: Spintwist Records

Date: August, 2012

1. Soultrigger (Klopfgeister Ambient Edit) - KLOPFGEISTER AND NOK, FEAT DEBBIE DIGITAL
2. Car Accident (Klopfgeister rmx) - INFINITY
3. Upgrade - DAY.DIN AND KLOPFGEISTER
4. Return to Atlantis (Klopfgeister rmx) - SHIVA CHANDRA AND DJ MAGICAL
5. Larger Than Life (Klopfgeister rmx) - MIDIMAL
6. Shadow of a smile (Klopfgeister 2012 Edit) - KLOPFGEISTER AND DAY.DIN
7. Flowrillaz
8. Seven Days - KLOPFGEISTER AND KOPEL
9. Jeff Vader (2012 Edit)
10. Meanwhile in Hamburg

gdCmiPC.gif

Jesus Thorsten you almost killed the poor guy!

Thorsten Paul is the mind behind the well known project Klopfgeister and he might be facing attempted manslaughter charges in the near drowning of some guy in chair above. I know I've heard some great tracks from him, but this is the definition of mailing it in.

Soultrigger (Klopfgeister Ambient Edit)- "You trigger my soul?"

h4y9Pqm.gif

Oy vey.

Car Accident (Klopfgeister rmx)- Let's just say that the first...ahem, track was an intro. I'm not unreasonable and am willing to overlook that short blurb. Here he remixes a very good track off the Infinity album Control Group from 2011 and I don't know how he managed to do it, but he made it boring. Take out everything that made the original great and reduce it to whatever this is. It's that minimal style of progressive trance that drives me crazy. Pure background music. The last bit is good, but when you make me wait 6 minutes for it I'm switching off.

Upgrade- Ugh, more less is less style of progressive. Call me when there's a minute left in the track.
It's been a long time since I've been in school, but I'm pretty sure that upgrade means improvement. What exactly are you upgrading? The only way this could've been more sleep inducing is if you forgot to turn the equipment on. In the spirit of fairness, the break is a nice piece of eerie, but there really is a void of interesting activity in this track.

Return To Atlantis (Klopfgeister Rmx)-

pRTNqqJ.gif

Peter Rabbit's never going to make deadline with this on his iPod. Take an already boring track and raise it to the 4th power.

Larger Than Life (Klopfgeister Rmx)- This was easily the best one so far. It's smooth and full of feeling. But I'm wondering why it took until track 5 to do this?

Shadow Of A Smile (Klopfgeister 2012 Edit)- Why is there singing in my psytrance? What's that?

Touche. This isn't psytrance. And holy f*ck was that a little bit of the Imperial March? What did we do to deserve this?

Flowrillaz- I like the melody on the back end of this track, but there is not enough to keep me interested. 40 seconds of good and 6 minutes of ZZzzz...is a poor ratio.

Seven Days-

T9oIbWQ.gif

and this is what that felt like.

Jeff Vader (2012 Edit)- I loved the "da-da" symphonic part and it worked really well with the beat. So high marks for a remix of your own track. But...what else.

Meanwhile in Hamburg- Wow. Talk about going out with a whimper.

I understand that this was probably not meant for people that share my tastes. There is obviously a section of people that enjoy this minimalistic and simplistic house influenced music. It just ain't me. Don't call it psytrance because there's nothing psychedelic about it. Smiles & More? Maybe.

If by "more" you mean frowns and wasted time.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk