Shpongle 5 / Museum of Consciousness

Shpongled247

Just preordered the CD... :) The downloadable track is ace btw.

They just made this track downloadable for free from here http://shpongle.com/museumofconsciousness/uk/

Shpongle - "Brain in a Fishtank":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxBjKM_b44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxBjKM_b44

I quite like it. More in the psytrance direction than the ambient direction. Even though I'm not so keen on the singing/vocals.

We'll see what the rest of the album is like.

It's good until the awful 4/4 kick sets in. Why the fuck do they put a beat in an ambient track. It's so god damn awful and pure shit. I hate those kind of slow annoying beats. It's stupid. I'm angry.

I checked stream of mastering for new Shpongle and they played maybe 4-5 minutes of MoC track I think and it sounds very nice, Michelle's TM vocals are there and it seem that track itself got very nice groove, but it's hard to say because stream was really bad and quality was horrible. Anyway I don't have big expectations for new album (like i had for 4th one) so hopefully they will suprise me in best possible way. Btw guys, don't miss new Entheogenic EP, this track sounds very Simonish :)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ncBfijP5s

i played all of those tracks last weekend on a party, i cranked the volume to the max and it was just bangin' :P

and 24bit downloads for this release! yay!

Love the trance beat, was hoping they'd use elements like that after The God Particle. HAving seen the entire band live the danceable elements with straight up beats like that really carry the crowd high. Ordered both CD & Vinyl.

I love when Simon gives a little taste of what he could still do psytrance wise if he wanted in shpongle tracks... Just like a tiny little reminder that he is still the king haha...

I haven't liked the direction Shpongle has gone the past two albums - sort of chunky, disjointed world music - don't dig the vibe too much.. Maybe the new one will surprise me.. They play all the time in LA too - I'm over seeing them live that is for sure..

It's good until the awful 4/4 kick sets in. Why the fuck do they put a beat in an ambient track. It's so god damn awful and pure shit. I hate those kind of slow annoying beats. It's stupid. I'm angry.

Uhhhh is this the first Shpongle song you've ever listened to? Trance elements have been there since the first album man.

Love the trance beat, was hoping they'd use elements like that after The God Particle. HAving seen the entire band live the danceable elements with straight up beats like that really carry the crowd high. Ordered both CD & Vinyl.

Fuck yeah love the trance beat!

I love when Simon gives a little taste of what he could still do psytrance wise if he wanted in shpongle tracks... Just like a tiny little reminder that he is still the king haha...

You said it Jack

You know I hope I don't jinx it but fuck it the album's already been completed. This sample has me quite excited, moreso than for the last album, if it's any indication. Simon's so COOL

I for one LOVE the artwork, it is so 90s tat kind of writing for the name, it reminds me of Xara3D and such programs i used back then to make writings.

Also it has a plastic feeling to it, I don't know i like it. Looking forward the release and obviously ordered!

I thought "Brain in a Fishtank" was utter shit, cheesy pseudo psychedlia with far too much of that flute. Immature and infantile.

Banned for life.

Wait, no im not a mod heh :P

Nah that sucks you didn't dig it! Hopefully the rest of the album is more what you are after.

Im sure some tracks Raj features less prominently than others like in the rest of their albums :)

Haha yeah that's usually the way it goes, obviously the mosre Posford in a track the better! I loved AYS and TOTI but by the time it got to Ineffable Mysteries I only lked one track, "Invisible Man in a Flourescent Suit" due to its Hallucinogenesque arpeggiating melody. I'll listen to this album without prejudice but like I say that track didn't gel with me at all.

Uhhhh is this the first Shpongle song you've ever listened to? Trance elements have been there since the first album man.

No, it's not the first Shpongled song I've ever listened to. Wasn't taking about trance elements. I meant the shitty 4/4 beat. It's terrible. And so are basically all their 4/4 beat songs.

Hallucinogen and shpongle are both terribly over-rated, there is nothing psyche about it to my ears...

Artistically I don#t know of any other trance and ambient act that comes even close to the complexity if hallucinogen and shpongle. The tracks have so many things going on, alone the voice clipping with effects as flanger or similar is a thing most other artists are lazy to do. The sound of ahllucinogen and shpongle sometimes appears old to me but musically they are impressive. Name any other artist that is as complex and diverse in msuic as Simon Posford. I don't know of anyone, compared to him other artists are very generic and linear.

There are a few others- Jorg on Mushroom - the Messanger for example is very good, but really a handful of artists are so diverse and unique, that is why he owns such a great respect in the scene.