Trance2MoveU

5clySb1.jpg

Artist: Flowjob

Title: Sway

Label: Iboga Trance

Date: June, 2011

1. The return of Raveheart
2. Mercury calling (More Info from the U.F.Os)
3. Goas Ark
4. Behind the speaker
5. Boomerangutang
6. So many dynamos
7. Pimp your hat
8. Still waiting for the future
9. Panic in purple

10. Lightyear

"Did you know that we're made of stardust?"

We are what we eat and I don't remember eating any of that. Now if you told me that we're made of pizza that's something I can get behind.

Flowjob used to be a duo from Denmark, but now it's the solo project of Joakim Hjorne. Their previous two albums Support Normality and Zentertainment were pretty good forays into progressive trance. This is the third album of the project a nd it has made a left turn into house town. Sure they've always flirted with...those people, but now he's embraced them like, well

GEvGfq3.gif

He opens with The Return of Ravenheart and it's a good progressive tune with an epic opening as the melodies rain down. It's a positive party track. Goas Ark is blatant false advertising and Boomerangutang is pure filler with an annoying use of the vocoder. So Many Dynamos is like a transition track, clearly a dividing line between what you've just heard and what's to come.

But then it's drag queens, disco whistles, and shiny balls as track after track goes the house route. And that's cool, if that's what you're into. I'm being hyperbolic, but only just. Surprisingly a We Are Family remix wasn't a hidden bonus track.

As much as I dislike house music, his talent shines through with hypnotic melodies on tracks like Panic In Purple. And while I hate the vocal on Still Waiting For The Future, there is a euphoric quality to it as well as a cool bouncy vibe during the final bit.

So aside from the first track I was disappointed in what the album became. Heavy on the house influences without a trace of psychedelia to be found. The progressive parts were even subpar without a lot of detail. Nothing we haven't heard before. I'll pass on this one.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk