Guest D N H

Guest D N H

9-1.jpg161956276SoothingHerbalTea.jpg

I can't help it! I'm addicted to herbalism.

There's nothing more refreshing and revitalizing than a good cup of flavored tea or herbal drink.

It can be hot for warming in the coldness of winter, it can be chilled for refreshment in the heat of summer.

Plus, the benefits for health. Each herb or tea type has it's own characteristic elements.

Are you a herb junkie? Any favorite herbs or flavors ?

I like herbs! I don't know if I have favorites, it really depends on what I'm cooking. Although maybe coriander; once I discovered that I started putting it in certain things a lot. Soups especially, plus I made a lemon-ginger-coriander sweet & sour sauce once that was really good.

And tea also, I like green tea a lot. Unflavored, or with just a small bit of honey.

I really love black tea and drink 4 cups of strong black tea each day, it is very calming and a bit bitter so i love it. The calming effects are very strong and remind a bit of soft drugs like cannabies, since it calms you so much, that you are in a different sphere. Listening music, looking at the computer are a great experience with black tea and you can experiene them better, I really love black tea. Can anyone suggest my other sorts of tea, that are great and similar?

I grow my own mint plants, I like to drink lemonade with mint it's so refreshing and tasty. And once in a while I prepare myself a mojito

Mint tastes well but the effect on body is not as great as with black tea.

Guest D N H

I really love black tea and drink 4 cups of strong black tea each day, it is very calming and a bit bitter so i love it. The calming effects are very strong and remind a bit of soft drugs like cannabies, since it calms you so much, that you are in a different sphere. Listening music, looking at the computer are a great experience with black tea and you can experiene them better, I really love black tea. Can anyone suggest my other sorts of tea, that are great and similar?

If you like to calm, i would recommend you white tea, camomile, mellisa & valerian extracts. Green is also reliefing.

Mixed herbs & spices drinks is an epic win!

I love ice tea. Does it count?

Ofcourse it counts!

herbal-stevia-ice-tea-lemon-500ml.jpgto_win1321994069581.jpg

I used to drink green tea, then I switched completely to herbal teas, nowdays I rarely drink green tea, mostly if Im outside and not at my own place.

Herbs are the best, as you already said, they are so versatile and best part, if youre not lazy, you can always gather some yourself!

Guest D N H

I used to drink green tea, then I switched completely to herbal teas, nowdays I rarely drink green tea, mostly if Im outside and not at my own place.

Herbs are the best, as you already said, they are so versatile and best part, if youre not lazy, you can always gather some yourself!

Why you don't prefer green tea anymore?

When you say about herb tea you mean herbs drink, tea with herbs & flavors or mountain tea ?

Which herbs do you gather?

I simply started to diversify my tea's at first, but later on stopped drinking green tea because its not good to drink it for night - it has lots of caffeine.

Other than that its really good tea, but white tea is even better :P

Im not sure what you mean with all those names, herbs drink, tea with herbs etc?

When I say herbal teas it means lots of different drinks where only herbs/berries are used, no additives like flavourings or sweeteners(I dont use sugar and I rarely add honey to my drinks) or black/green tea.

Flovers, roots, berries, leafs, herbs.
Now Ive bought couple of books regarding herbs in Latvia, but Ive been too lazy to start picking them yet, I will be at the country side soonish, let me see if I pick something up. Its surprising to see that one can start to pick very early in the spring and continue to do so up till very late autumn, because diversity is huge, Ive been simply lazy to start it.
But when were at the country side we do pick up nearby peppermint or nettle leafs and drink them, dont remember what were those other nearby-picks done by my gf :)

Guest D N H

I understand what you mean, reger. Herbs drinks.

I think all tea types have thereabout the same amounts of caffeine. Others say it's the black having the higher, others say it's the mincing of leaves that raises the amounts... i'm not sure, but white is great also.

Well, Im too lazy to ask google regarding caffeine content in black->green->white teas :)
I do know that out of 3 the black one is the least beneficial one, green is very beneficial and white one tops them both, especially if its made up only of tea buds and not leafs :)!