1 Geist (Intro)
2 Hemispherical Conflict (138 BPM)
3 Bending Rodriguez (137 BPM)
4 Dawn (137 BPM)
5 Harsh Softness (138 BPM)
6 Pure Progression (137 BPM)
7 Reality #26 (135 BPM)
8 The Dude Abides (137 BPM)
9 Onionbrain - Desert Song (Radioactive.Cake Remix) (135 BPM)
"All I know is that this is different."
I like cake. Who doesn't like cake? This is Robert Hundt founder of the label with I believe his 2nd release. So what's he got baking?
A heaping teaspoon of darkness that's what. Imagine celebrating a funeral...with cake. There are elements of darkpsy, minimal, forest, progressive, and glitch that will sit in your stomach like a rock. Heavy effects swirl amidst basses that seem impossibly low. He seems skilled at putting sounds together that wouldn't normally gel, but it adds to the creepiness. The atmosphere is thick with with dread as the beats pulsate, leaving sonic waves in their wake. Melodies? Maybe as an afterthought. Go dig up some Vibe Tribe if you're scared. It's super trippy and very well produced sounding great on headphones. Immersing yourself in the music...like trying to dig out of your own grave.
There is some filler there and some songs seem to drag on for way too long so it can be heavy to get through. I liked the 2nd half better than the first as I found it deeper with a more storytelling vibe. When you're tired of the same old stuff this is a welcome change of pace. Ever look at something dark and slimy and wonder what the f*ck it is?
This is it. Second helping? You bet.
Just remember to save room for cake.

Mdk