Strange Fishes

draeke

Hello everyone, I want to open a topic about strange fishes. This due to my passion for the sea and the interest i have for fishes in general, there are so many incredible ones around!

I will start by posting a very rare fish, that i would very much like to see in real life:

oarfish.jpg

oarfish13.jpg

then i will post more, also because i have a couple of "unidentified" that i spotted on a beach, one dead, one alive but not as spectacular as this one :)

Hello everyone, I want to open a topic about strange fishes. This due to my passion for the sea and the interest i have for fishes in general, there are so many incredible ones around!

I will start by posting a very rare fish, that i would very much like to see in real life:

oarfish.jpg

oarfish13.jpg

then i will post more, also because i have a couple of "unidentified" that i spotted on a beach, one dead, one alive but not as spectacular as this one :)

:o what kind of fish is that?

oarfish13.jpg

Is that actually real?

yes it is real, it is called OARFISH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oarfish

extremely rare.

and

if touched gives electrical shocks

great videos Ormion, loved it! I had seen already the fish with transparent head but i was amazed by the transparent serpent and by the sea dragon!! Lovely discoveries :). The shark instead looks horrendous, i need to unsee that mouth :P

Padmapani you can google the titles and see those, the man is fishing some river fish, and he incurs into a eel and in some kind of manta, it also gave me unable to see it in europe, it must be a show from the us.

Padmapani you can google the titles and see those, the man is fishing some river fish, and he incurs into a eel and in some kind of manta, it also gave me unable to see it in europe, it must be a show from the us.

Yea, it's a show on cable in the US. Dumb restrictions.

great additions to the topic, thanks :) Nudibranch kick ass! I knew the flamenco dancer already but the whole family is wonderful and eyecandy! another fav of mine is this:

57_lrg.jpg

mahi-11a.jpg

the amazing Dorado ;)

and the spanish dancer

Cracy fishes, I dont have any to mention, other than those big medusas, but they arent fishes.

The biggest ones we have locally is wells catfish in river Daugava, the biggest ones caught so far have been close to 2.5m in length and almost 90kg in weight.