What's happened to Saikosounds?

franki

So Psyshop has now (almost) a monopoly as a Psytrance-CD mailorder shop? - Doesn't sound very promising, especially not for Goatrance lovers. Anyway, I have already changed to directly order from the labels for quite some time..

However, good that Suntrip has extended its mailorder services, I guess this could easily become a real alternative!

So Psyshop has now (almost) a monopoly as a Psytrance-CD mailorder shop?

There's also Goastore and Beatspace.

Come to think of it, Amazon is a lot more eclectic than it used to be so you can probably get quite a lot of stuff there. Doesn't help you browse new releases though (and Saikosounds' four-minute samples were brilliant for that).

I buy most of my Cds from Arabesque via Amazon's marketplace, tbh. In most cases it's the fastest delivery and cheapest option in the UK.
For releases they don't offer, Psyshop and Beatspace get my orders (and Saikosounds used to on occasion), but with the more limited runs and distributor avoidance in evidence these days, I'm starting to purchase albums through Bandcamp and labels' own sites such as Suntrip and Parvati.

Yeah, we started to feel that too... Luckely we lose only small amount of cds in the end...

As for the Suntrip shop... I will do my best to collect as many goa-releases as possible... but ONLY goa-trance will be featured in the Suntrip shop, nothing else... So I don't think we are really an alternative... We also don't work as a real shop, we buy small amounts only :)

one of the oldest giants has fallen.

Together with recordstore, dolphin discs and chaos unlimited (all long defunct) they served me well many times in the last decade... so sorry to hear about their bankrupcy.. goodbye.

As far as I know, they had to move to a new premises,,,they had to close down their distribution. All the stock of the cd's they printed had to either be claimed back by the labels or would have to be destroyed. This is why they had a clearance sale recently. So they probably just don't have the space anymore for all those cd's. They are hopefully just in the process of moving, business should be back to normal soon...

Wonder how much they really sold? Everytime I looked on their website it was full of artists I have never heard of mind you I bought about 200 cds during the period from about 2000 (or when they opened) till about 2008. RIP if it is the case. I hate to say it though the ease of which you can find any released cd (to download) on the net is now ridicously easy and that would be very hard to fight against.

Wonder how much they really sold? Everytime I looked on their website it was full of artists I have never heard of mind you I bought about 200 cds during the period from about 2000 (or when they opened) till about 2008. RIP if it is the case. I hate to say it though the ease of which you can find any released cd (to download) on the net is now ridicously easy and that would be very hard to fight against.

True.

I wonder how many of us are still only interested in owning the original CD? I am, but I'm pretty sure I'm in a small minority these days. :(

i dont think it helps them that theres so much quality (legit) free stuff available. i dont have extra $$$ lying around...so i only get stuff thats free.

legit free???

besides ektoplazm where else is there?

if the artist doesn't get anything i not interested

if the artist doesn't get anything i not interested

I feel the same. I enjoy buying the CDs to have the physical format in my hand and to know that the artist is receiving at least some of my money. I suppose it shows my age. I feel dirty downloading for free.

Furthermore, there is the hope that the mastering etc on the paid CDs is also better since it is a commercial release. But I am sure this is not always the case, of course.

At the same time, I think ektoplazm is a great idea although I don't usually download anything from there.

Pedro