Title: The Slayer of the Jabberwocky EP

Label: Planet B.E.N. Records

Date: June, 2012

1. Trial of Life

2. Smash

3. Tum Tum Tree

4. The Ingredient

"I...am...the lord...of...darkness!"

Remember when Timelapse came out back in 2006 and just blew the doors off of everything, firmly positioning South African psytrance at the top of the pyramid? Not like they needed any help, but man it just seemed like that corner of the world kept releasing smash after smash of dark melodies and thunderously pumping music.

As you can tell from the above sample this is darker and I suppose more cinematic in scope. Evil terms in the title alone dictate that. You don't really want to know a slayer (I used to be a slayer of Twinkies) and the Jabberwocky in Alice in Wonderland was frightening. I cannot confirm this, but it seems as if there is a Principles of Flight influence on this EP. Symphonic strings, medieval vibes and somewhat of a story to be told mark this release. The harpsichord sound in Tum Tum Tree made me smile and harkened back to old Talpa machinations.

It's different than his albums past, but his talent and acid is still evident. Whereas the older stuff was four on the floor get the f*ck outta the way, this is more detailed and subtle. What was once a brawler is now a surgeon in the ring. Oh he can still smash your face, but he likes to toy with you first.

And isn't it the quiet ones you have to watch out for?

Beatport

JunoDownload

AudioJelly

Psyshop

Mdk