Juno Reactor - The Golden Sun Of The Great East (Metropolis Records, 2013)

36b1d1ce76ed76ce07131b194b1f3e80.jpg

“The release of The Golden Sun Of The Great East, the 8th Juno Reactor album. The album hones the exotic mix of surging trance beats, cinematic vision and lustrous world music flavors which characterized its predecessors, from propulsive turbo-opener ‘Final Frontier’ to evocative satellite serenade finale ‘Playing With Fire’ and its panoramic chorale of synths, strings and haunting voices. In between, tracks such as ‘Invisible’, ‘Guillotine’ and ‘Trans Siberian’ surge on mammoth waves of sparkling riffs, turbulent drums and Diva vocals, all directed by Watkins’ unique sense of drama. While ‘Tempest’ and ‘Zombie’ introduce Darker atmospherics, ‘Shine’ and ‘To Byculla’ hop off the pounding beats express to deliver a subtler strain of exotic, emotional flow. Studded with future classics, the album seems built for a stratospheric live show.” -Kris Needs

01. Final Frontier
02. Invisible
03. Guillotine
04. Trans Siberian
05. Shine
06. Tempest
07. Zombie
08. To Byculla
09. Playing With Fire

PRE-ORDER: http://www.metropolis-mailorder.com/product.php?prodnum=MET+848

• 8 months later...

I'm heard it today for the first time.

I became aware by randomly typing in JR's name on amazon and boom, they just released a new album this year for the first time (not including remix song/albums by other artists) in 5 years!

This is a HUGE step up from his/their previous album.

Many people felt mixed when Gods and Monsters (2008) came out. IMO it showcased only a fraction of what made JR so powerful, intriguing, engaging and visionary. I consider Beyond the Infinite, Shango, Labyrinth (I know I'm missing one or two) all superb. I love JR's edgy/organic meets electronica beats, tribal (and non tribal) trance, world, ethnic (and more) combinations and influences. Beautiful. So this is a return to form my eyes read and my ears hear... !

So where's the review thread? Guys/girls, review thread? Please. :)

You can listen to their entire album off I think this one by going to it on Youtube (somehow the tracks play continuously for me). And please support this music by buying or paying to download their full album if you like it. In short, I will pay to MP3 download it on AMAZON. This album is GREAT. !!!

THANK YOU BEN and the entire music group. Please stick with awesome material guys. God's & Monsters had some great work, but it also was a disappontment in some ways. This is NOT. The Golden Sun of the Great East is an excellent album.

• 1 year later...

A remix album of this great release is due in June!

1. Final Frontier (Extrawelt Remix) 2. Zombi (GMS Remix) 3. Guillotine (Bliss Remix) 4. Invisible (Ritmo Remix) 5. Tempest (Zeologic Remix) 6. Trans Siberian (Cylon Remix) 7. Shine (Modus Remix) 8. Byculla (Tortured Brain Remix) 9. Playing With Fire (Jitter Remix)

Source - Metropolis Records.

Edit: what a great album that original was!