1. Iron Sun Rmx

2. Temple of Chaos

3. Blue Pyramid

4. Ganymede

5. Phoenix

6. The Zarkon Principle

7. Intastella

8. Tribes of the moon

This is a limited print (SUNCDLE02), only available on Suntrip website!

http://www.suntriprecords.com/news/

Here we are again, with a new album of Dimension 5 between quotes. We already had "TransAddendum" just released with some great tracks.

But "TransStellar" tops it imo. This release contains very good tracks but has a continue of quality from the first

to the last minute just like "Transdimensional" and "Second Phaze". Compared to "TransAddendum" that had a longer

build up, "TransStellar" provides direct full blown melodic tracks that inspire me and it keeps going on and on until the end.

I really like the "uptempo" atmosphere of Dimension 5 baselines and fast spirals, 303 lines and floating melodies.

This is music that will do it's work on parties but is also great for listening at home. I haven't found any dull moment

until now and I don't think it's going to happen. "TransStellar" contains a lot off tracks from 1996 - 1997.

Most of them rare, some of the track are remixes, and some have been released before on compilations,

But I would prefer to review this release as an entire new release.

I'll review track by track but try to only highlight what is good, different, remarkble. I'll try not to describe every sound if that's ok.

1. Iron Sun Rmx

Iron Sun rmx is good start. We already know this track as the first track of "Transdimensional" and I like this rmx better.

It's more serious, less fluffy, faster and filled with varied sounds.

The uptempo atmosphere what I mentioned before is directly there and it won't go away.

2. Temple of Chaos

Temple of Chaos has a great intro. A good mystic atmosphere coming together with a spiral that dominates the beginning off the track,

shaped and reformed. Dimension 5 chooses for a full melody as next to come that grows bigger and bigger and strengthen along the track.

Faster and more aggressive, euphoric. Certainly one of the best tracks on this release...

3. Blue Pyramid

Blue pyramid is a pearl. This is defiantly in my top 5 best Dimension tracks all the time with the new remastering which is a gift.

The 303 melodies is more then inspiring and has a little "psycho psychedelic" touch. Something which we are not familiar with an artist

that has always endeavored for subtle, warm trance. It's just perfect and mind bending. You don't have to be a dimension 5 fan

to love this track. Any goatrance listener could find this amazing (with some exceptions off course, but the rating will be much higher.)

4. Ganymede

Is again not new but still does it's work fine. Lost of you guys probably know this track.

The baseline is again uptempo but the melodies and spiral are bit slower compared to the previous track.

A good break for a further journey.

5. Phoenix

Is a regular Dimension 5 track as you can expect from Dimension 5, nothing special but it contains all the elements

it should contain and you won't be disenchanted. it's again more uptempo in it's melodies and fit's perfectly in

the uptempo atmosphere we are experiencing.

6. The Zarkon Principle.

is the same as Phoenix imo, no need to repeat myself...

7. Intastella

Has a more varied built up, more original melodies. I was kinda waiting for this, hoping the rest of the release won't all be regular tracks.

I have this continue feeling something great is coming and I'm really hoping it does. And than it happens at exactly 4min 16sec.

Excellent!

What a warm melody, what a turn out of events.

This nostalgic neverending feeling what attracted me so much to goatrance when I discovered raids me. Just in time :)

8. Tribes of the moon

has a totally different baseline pattern but I'm glad it's not an ambient track they are closing with. Again a dominated melody creates bliss.

Conclusion:

This was one of the hardest reviews I ever written. Although I'm Dimension 5 fan I don't know all the tracks. Some I have in lousy mp3

because they are to rare to find, so it's like discovering a new track because I don't listen to low bitrate for years. This initiative is great

that we can experience those rare tracks in perfect quality. Great job Suntrip,Dimension 5 & Tim Schuldt.

If you are new to goatrance and you like morning trance this will be money well spent.

If you are one of those lucky guys that already gathered it all through the years, and since I'm not one of those. I don't know, your call ;)

I have been listening to this release almost daily and never skipped a track or stopped halfway.

Keep it coming :)

Grtz Koen!

• 3 weeks later...

D5 - TransSteller

Suntrip Records

1. Iron Sun Rmx
2. Temple of Chaos
3. Blue Pyramid
4. Ganymede
5. Phoenix
6. The Zarkon Principle
7. Intastella
8. Tribes of the moon

2013 saw D5's TransAddendum, a rare Goatrance album showcasing tracks that didn't make the visionary choosing on Transdimensional. I find this interesting because some work on TransAddendum is better than Transdimensional, and vice-versa to be fair. They're both great albums. Suntrip then released TransSteller. This album includes rare vinyl tracks and other, rare D5 songs, remastered: The second dose of old-school goatrance.

1. Iron Sun RMX is an improvement over the original in some ways. The entrance is darker. The overall song is more intense, gritty, arguably more rhythmic, and less drawn out. I still find the first half fairly monotonous (my gripe with the original). It improves nicely later on though. The evolved segment we all know from 5:17 to 6:08 sounds great; it seems enhanced here along with everything else. Fans of the original will like this remix; I predict, though the song I've always felt was predictable too until the final third. Solid remix! B+

2. Temple of Chaos couples faster, more aggressive movement with elegant, eastern influence. The first several minutes are engaging and infectious; the layers integrate seamlessly. I don't care for the hocus pocus fire ball effects, though they add to the characteristic approach in a somewhat cheesy (if not catchy) B-Movie kind of way. Everything else sound. Actually, the swirling first 2:34 is excellent, and the rest remains great after a wild synth enters to compliment the ethnic, eastern influence. This is a very good song. B+

3. Blue Pyramid is the first non-remix track that you may fall in love with. The ambient notes are magical. The song is consistently gripping, reinventing itself with loving harmonies, elegant soundscapes, psychedelic rivers, and streams. This is a superb song with strong and memorable melodies and sounds throughout. Beautiful work! A

4. Ganymede strangely has an opening virtually identical to that of Caprica from D5's TransAddendum album. Still this is a great track with outstanding work. I'll save it for your ears... I think I would have found this track more impressive if it preceded Blue Pyramid. That said, it's excellent. A-

5. Phoenix I find lackluster, messy, and repetitive in melody, sound, arrangement, and direction. It isn't the worst thing I've heard. Some will like it. I find it rushed sounding, like the layers were quickly piled on. This is probably my least favorite D5 track. C

6. The Zarkon Principle begins with that wonderful, gentle male voice associated with D5 in various tracks. The song gradually builds in the first half, and becomes more arresting in the second, 3:38 forward. The song works well in subtle ways, and has a gentle, warm feel throughout. Those who enjoyed D5's Second Phaze may appreciate this lighter (though the beat has oomph) approach. The last few minutes could have been a little more catchy, stood out more. Great track. B+

7. Intastella is another old-school number with great, mind-bending melodies and rhythms. The beat changes up more; the music cuts off and returns to dynamic effect. The group's use of gentle sounds combined with edgy ones works to exceptional effect. The song evolves after the 4th/5th minute into one that's more evocative and arresting. The melody/sound work is excellent! A-

8. Tribes of the moon is an imaginative and gripping closing number. Solid track. A-

In conclusion, this is a rare release in Goatrance, and it's very good if not great. I would have waited closer to Christmas or at summer to release it, but Suntrip probably has something else planned. Overall I enjoyed TransAddendum as a whole in comparison more, but I'm comparing diamonds to rubies. For fans of D5, morning trance, melodic goa, and the collection of rare gems in the genre, this is a tasty treat. Thank you D5, Suntrip, and Tim Schuldt for making this possible. I heard none of these songs, save for sampling before the album came out. This made me feel like they released brand new work today, from their sound I enjoyed most back then.

Favorite tracks - 3, 4, 6, 7, 8,

B+

Sample / Order

https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCDLE02/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

iTulZTm.jpg

Artist: Dimension 5

Title: TransStellar

Label: Suntrip Records

Date: 2013

1. Iron Sun Rmx
2. Temple of Chaos
3. Blue Pyramid
4. Ganymede
5. Phoenix
6. The Zarkon Principle
7. Intastella
8. Tribes of the moon

I think the members of Dimension 5 sh*t gold on a soft suede pillow.

iMM0YHs.jpg

Honestly have you ever heard a D5 track and thought to yourself, "This sucks!" Nope, because it doesn't happen. Out of all of their tracks not one has sucked balls. Not one. That's an incredible achievement. Even the Beatles had a few stinkers. So yeah they sh*t gold. Melodic goa gold to be precise. Their entire catalog is riddled with classic tracks tailor made for any goa listener's journey. And this release is no exception. F*ck it it's the rule. Hard to find tracks, EP releases and compilation tracks have been given a fresh coat of paint and man do they sparkle. It's a limited edition only available on the Suntrip website.

This is a melodic rollercoaster through the cosmos that sounds fresh and vivid thanks to the great remastering by Tim Schuldt. I can hear and feel every nuance which brings the music to life. Imagine painting a 3D picture. Hard to believe these tracks didn't make it to Transdimensional. Shows you how awesome that album was.

The arpeggios in Temple of Chaos move like snakes on fire as it piles on layers of aural bliss. A carpet burner to be sure. The 303 goa bark on Blue Pyramid makes a great track legendary and Phoenix is a continuous swirl of multicolored melody. But picking out the best track is like asking a diabetic what's his favorite cake. Short answer? All of them.

Thanks again for this Suntrip. Once again you lead the way.

Suntrip

Mdk

Out of all of their tracks not one has sucked balls. Not one.

indeed. actually, imho this cd contains the worst D5 track ever, phoenix, which is just okay and pales in comparison to mighty intastella, blue pyramid, ganymede, ... so yes, it does certainly say something about an arist if the worst track is "just okay" :)

btw: i thought you weren't doing pics anymore? you dug up a nice one here :D

I received a lot of messages from those who wanted me to continue to put pics in the reviews. So I compromised and decided to mix my reviews up. Some will have 'em and some won't.

This album was just delicious. It's amazing how tastes differ. I thought Phoenix was one of their best efforts.

Mdk

I received a lot of messages from those who wanted me to continue to put pics in the reviews. So I compromised and decided to mix my reviews up. Some will have 'em and some won't.

Did someone asked You not to put pictures in the first place, cause (imo) Your reviews are even more entertainig with them.

Did someone asked You not to put pictures in the first place, cause (imo) Your reviews are even more entertainig with them.

Thanks for the compliment! A couple of people thought that adding the pics dumbed down the reviews. While I don't think that was the case, I did go overboard on several occasions. To tell the truth I was finding my way and discovering my style. Everything in moderation I suppose.

Unless it's more Dimension 5 music. Just hook it to my veins!

Mdk

• 4 weeks later...

unbelievable but i discovered D5 not until these rereleases and while i'm not the biggest oldschool sucker i can tell you that this is a sound that captures true psytrance-experiences for me. hah, i'm sure i'm not the only one with these feelings but to discover this in 2013 is simply amazing. so, did i miss sth in the past? hell, no, when do you find a track that sums up all ur thoughts and feelings after years of following the music, the parties, the people? i'm very lucky - THANK YOU GANYMEDE !!!!

• 1 year later...

D5 - TransSteller

Suntrip Records

1. Iron Sun Rmx

2. Temple of Chaos

3. Blue Pyramid

4. Ganymede

5. Phoenix

6. The Zarkon Principle

7. Intastella

8. Tribes of the moon

2013 saw D5's TransAddendum, a rare Goatrance album showcasing tracks that didn't make the visionary choosing on Transdimensional. I find this interesting because some work on TransAddendum is better than Transdimensional, and vice-versa to be fair. They're both great albums. Suntrip then released TransSteller. This album includes rare vinyl tracks and other, rare D5 songs, remastered: The second dose of old-school goatrance.

1. Iron Sun RMX is an improvement over the original in some ways. The entrance is darker. The overall song is more intense, gritty, arguably more rhythmic, and less drawn out. I still find the first half fairly monotonous (my gripe with the original). It improves nicely later on though. The evolved segment we all know from 5:17 to 6:08 sounds great; it seems enhanced here along with everything else. Fans of the original will like this remix; I predict, though the song I've always felt was predictable too until the final third. Solid remix! B+

2. Temple of Chaos couples faster, more aggressive movement with elegant, eastern influence. The first several minutes are engaging and infectious; the layers integrate seamlessly. I don't care for the hocus pocus fire ball effects, though they add to the characteristic approach in a somewhat cheesy (if not catchy) B-Movie kind of way. Everything else sound. Actually, the swirling first 2:34 is excellent, and the rest remains great after a wild synth enters to compliment the ethnic, eastern influence. This is a very good song. B+

3. Blue Pyramid is the first non-remix track that you may fall in love with. The ambient notes are magical. The song is consistently gripping, reinventing itself with loving harmonies, elegant soundscapes, psychedelic rivers, and streams. This is a superb song with strong and memorable melodies and sounds throughout. Beautiful work! A

4. Ganymede strangely has an opening virtually identical to that of Caprica from D5's TransAddendum album. Still this is a great track with outstanding work. I'll save it for your ears... I think I would have found this track more impressive if it preceded Blue Pyramid. That said, it's excellent. A-

5. Phoenix I find lackluster, messy, and repetitive in melody, sound, arrangement, and direction. It isn't the worst thing I've heard. Some will like it. I find it rushed sounding, like the layers were quickly piled on. This is probably my least favorite D5 track. C

6. The Zarkon Principle begins with that wonderful, gentle male voice associated with D5 in various tracks. The song gradually builds in the first half, and becomes more arresting in the second, 3:38 forward. The song works well in subtle ways, and has a gentle, warm feel throughout. Those who enjoyed D5's Second Phaze may appreciate this lighter (though the beat has oomph) approach. The last few minutes could have been a little more catchy, stood out more. Great track. B+

7. Intastella is another old-school number with great, mind-bending melodies and rhythms. The beat changes up more; the music cuts off and returns to dynamic effect. The group's use of gentle sounds combined with edgy ones works to exceptional effect. The song evolves after the 4th/5th minute into one that's more evocative and arresting. The melody/sound work is excellent! A-

8. Tribes of the moon is an imaginative and gripping closing number. Solid track. A-

In conclusion, this is a rare release in Goatrance, and it's very good if not great. I would have waited closer to Christmas or at summer to release it, but Suntrip probably has something else planned. Overall I enjoyed TransAddendum as a whole in comparison more, but I'm comparing diamonds to rubies. For fans of D5, morning trance, melodic goa, and the collection of rare gems in the genre, this is a tasty treat. Thank you D5, Suntrip, and Tim Schuldt for making this possible. I heard none of these songs, save for sampling before the album came out. This made me feel like they released brand new work today, from their sound I enjoyed most back then.

Favorite tracks - 3, 4, 6, 7, 8,

B+

Sample / Order

https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCDLE02/

Good call on Blue Pyramid, im halfway though, and really enjoying myself.

• 4 years later...

The 3D-feeling in Blue Pyramid, is magnicificent. B)  There is a frenetic drive to this track, that keeps you engaged. Every layer and texture feels perfectly arranged and sculpted. A truly remarkable transstellar flight, through space and time.

Always a joy to read the reviews here while listening, great work as always Jon Cocco. Tim Schuldt’s mastering is superb, all the tracks sound coherent and fit together. And every single detail is discernible, on a microscopic level.

• 7 months later...

This is the type of album that takes you on some very enjoyable cosmic journeys through space and time. And I don't think there are too many of those. I love the type of flying sensation the D5-style manage to evoke in the mind of the listener. It's also the type of album which makes me wanna review music again! So I will try to review this and the other Dimension 5 albums released on Suntrip Records. They are nothing but stellar, or perhaps TransStellar. ;) Moreover what's so phenomenal about the music of D5, is that it might be the closest thing to a trip that you can get, without actually taking a mind-altering substance. Besides perhaps the Hallucinogen - Twisted album, or the Black Mirror Bandersnatch episode. B)

The album artwork by Farbo is nothing short of amazing either, and makes for a very compelling complete art direction, in tandem with the aural delight sculpted by Dimension 5. The artwork complements the music perfectly, and captures the enigmatic trippy aspects of the music here in a delightful way.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have been listening and comparing this album with TransAddendum lately, both have their strenghts. This album is a bit more varied in quality overall, but the masterpiece Blue Pyramid is a must have in any Goa collection! :D :+1: Such an energetic glowing drive in that tune.