Um.. What's wrong with "Amithaba"/Felipe?

Shpongled247

It's always lovely to see that modern society still hold the views of the 1800's when it comes to those suffering from mental illness. It takes a real human to forgive, forget and move on. Amazing how children are able to do this day in and out yet as adults we hold on to mistakes others made in the past, we let these things fester and then forever demonize that person without ever stopping to so why it happened? How could've we helped improve that person instead of helping destroy them? Psynews has not changed at all. If Felipe or whoever has a serious mental illness how do you think your intolerable attitude towards him is going to help? Ppl make mistakes, and ppl are not always rational. The reasons may be deeper than you realize, and bullying & abusing them is so childish. If my children ever treated someone with serious issues the way Felipe or whatever his name is has been treated here I would be ashamed to call them my children. It's just pathetic. How about Suntrip & Psynew do something original and good for once? Help someone else to become a better person? Oh wait that's go against any such behaviors done by users & moderators & owners on here since this forum originated. It's the Psynews way or fuck off eh?

And befor you can me, I saw and read everything that happened on here and Facebook. Neither party behaved maturely or responsibly in resolving the issue, so the Suntrip crew should get off their soap box on this one.

And befor you can me, I saw and read everything that happened on here and Facebook. Neither party behaved maturely or responsibly in resolving the issue, so the Suntrip crew should get off their soap box on this one.

Without ever having any problems with Felipe in the past (we even released his music), this is a good example of "talking"

Felipe: haha, Fabien has leukemia, great, I hope he dies soon

we: you should see a doctor

Felipe: I'm the healthy person here... I think you should, or you die, haha!

we: you should really see a doctor Felipe

Felipe: I hope you die soon

Well, what else to do? I'm sure Balance has a perfectly good answer...

But, if my kid ever accepts behaviour like this, where someone attacks another with death-threads etc, I would be ashamed. These kind of folks are dangerous. They need help, but we can't give it via internet, they should do it theirselves. Period.

• Like 1

When people suffer mental illness and drug addiction, that doesn't necessarily mean they are deprived of all responsibilities.

It is easy and convenient for them to be considered retards, but it is less to struggle for health.

When people suffer drug addiction, that doesn't necessarily mean they are deprived of all responsibilities.

Are you sure about this?

In my experience. A person becomes an addict by depriving himself of all responsibilities and embracing just one thing, his drug.

All his responsibilities/actions are means of attaining his next score, that's it. Addicts care for nothing else.

Are you sure about this?

In my experience. A person becomes an addict by depriving himself of all responsibilities and embracing just one thing, his drug.

All his responsibilities/actions are means of attaining his next score, that's it. Addicts care for nothing else.

that's what society does to addicts.

the illegality of drugs, the resulting unregulated market and the social stigma are responsible for that. once the money runs out or the usual supply is cut off that leaves people with no other option than a lifestyle like the stereotypical "junkie".

i am addicted to cigarettes. do you think your paragraph applies to me?

there are many pain patiens who take opiates/opioids (and heroin is just an opiate like any other) and live a perfectly normal life, just like i do. it's only when they are cut off from their prescription (which is happening all the time over there in the u.s.) that most turn to the black market (first to pharmaceutical opioids then heroin because it's cheaper) and ultimately become "junkies".

that's also the reason why substitution programs work so well. over here the people get morphine (=the main ingredient in opium; also it doesn't have the unpleasant side effects of methadone) which allows them to live normal lives as responsible adults.

• Like 1

@Padmapani - you are completely right. But it's never that easy when it comes to Opiates/amphetamines and other hard drugs.

@Scandanasia - when I posted the above reply. I had only my country (INDIA) in mind. The social expulsion and the non intervening government makes every addict (hard drugs) a junkie within no time. So all responsibilities are down the gutter. It might not be the case in other countries.

• Like 2

I kinda agree w. Balance regarding how arguing w/ mentally ill individuals and dwelling on about this won't improve the situation. Its obvious that wishing death upon Fabien is indefensible and I am curious as to how exactly he developed such a loathing for suntrip, filteria, etc...

• Like 1

I kinda agree w. Balance regarding how arguing w/ mentally ill individuals and dwelling on about this won't improve the situation. Its obvious that wishing death upon Fabien is indefensible and I am curious as to how exactly he developed such a loathing for suntrip, filteria, etc...

Good question... We don't know ourselves. He never had ANY contact in his life with Filteria. So why burning his discs in public etc is probably just jealousy.

I remember in 2005, we let him play several times in Belgium and he was really a nice, enthousiastic kid, with a bright future in front of him! The album he was making back then for Suntrip, was never finished (some of the tracks were, like Yoga,When the Universe was Created, Mental Stream) the years after that, so that was the end from our side... unfortunately. As he had talent, but yes, everyone knows what happened after that

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyways, I don't know whether you are sub-moon records or not. I'm sorry for acting out on the UX thread. And also for reviving this old thread long ago. That's it. I wish you good health and success.

• Like 1

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

I think it's sad that the mods here have allowed such a debate to go on. Especially since the person in question never had a chance to defend himself (until now). Is it not against the forum rules to slander a person in public? That's what's been going on here for ages. Against a person most here does not even know in person (except a few) that maybe has his faults too (I do not know him so I can't tell).

Now he arrived and yes he shout but can anyone blame him? Would you not too if you been the subject of a public "trial" for ages with no way to defend yourself?

I am sure he now will be banned and the usual people will continue here to point their fingers at him. You know who you are ;)

NB! I don't know the story and by that got no idea who's right or wrong. But frankly I do not think there should be a public "trial" here. That's my point!

• Like 2

Now he arrived and yes he shout but can anyone blame him? Would you not too if you been the subject of a public "trial" for ages with no way to defend yourself?

I am sure he now will be banned and the usual people will continue here to point their fingers at him. You know who you are ;)

NB! I don't know the story and by that got no idea who's right or wrong. But frankly I do not think there should be a public "trial" here. That's my point!

1. Agreed

2. Let's hope this ends in a good way.

3. Absolutely, shouldn't be a public trial.

If you go thru the first few pages you'll get an idea about why this thread even came up.

Offtopic: when can we expect the release? :) you showed us the beautiful cover and lovely music and wooosh, vanished. Not fair! ;)

• Like 1

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

this guy sealed his fate when he served unprovoked abuse to people on this site, on some psycho binge! and should of been banned (again) along time ago

topic closed... move the fuck on!

How forgiving and understanding a person you are (sarcasm may occur) ;)

• Like 1