BPM checker...

gimmisyra

What is the easiest way to check Beats Per Minute on my music files?

Is there anyone who have a good program that you know is working fine?

Im at the moment searching for a program like that on google but its always a lot of bad stuff so I thought I asked you here how you check BMP, if you do that.

Its for my training, I want to controll what tempo it is going to be.

Thanks!

http://www.abyssmedia.com/bpmcounter/

BPM Counter is a fast and accurate beats per minute detector for MP3 music. It may be helpful for DJs who need to get information about entire music collection quickly and for any kind of remixing/sampling stuff. Don't waste your time for manual tapping, just navigate to any folder with music and BPM Counter will show all compatible audio files (MP3 and WAV) and start BPM detection automatically. A common mistake with other BPM detectors is they may halve or double the actual BPM rate because decoder MP3 files partialy with lower quality. We use high-quality audio decoders from Audio Converter Plus to guarantee balance between performance and accuracy.

bpmcounter.gif

I also have searched for bpm counters in the past, but the the problem is that it's often an average the end result.

And that's not entire correct off course. With goatrance from the early 90's it's very noticeable because often the bpm changes along the track

The only bpm counter which I was satisfied off, was a plugin in winamp, that showed the actual bpm at that certain moment in the track.

Like on turntables,

So it depends, how accurate you want it.

Then again I don't know what you mean for training, exercise? or?

I tried the abyssmedia BPM counter and that gave me strange numbers sometimes but I think its better than nothing.

Thanks!

I also have searched for bpm counters in the past, but the the problem is that it's often an average the end result.

Yes, thats what I noticed as well. Some tracks was as low as 97 BPM according to the counter but is a lot faster when listening to them.

The only bpm counter which I was satisfied off, was a plugin in winamp, that showed the actual bpm at that certain moment in the track.

Thats sounded interesting and I found this http://www.winamp.com/plugin/tonioware-s-bpmeter/6564 and will check that out.

Edit: This program was not possible to install on windows 7, maybe a too old program or something with my computer...

Then again I don't know what you mean for training, exercise? or?

Sorry, yes I mean exercise, workouts in different kinds.

Edited by gimmisyra

That's funny - I'm in the middle of making a beat detection algorithm myself, for one of my classes, it just happens to be tailored to a particular type of medical signal and I have no idea how to code anything for VST or any other kind of audio related standard.

Indeed the bpm plugin I downloaded in 2005-2006 +/- was then already outdated and had

an had a very old layout, so if it's not been updated since then. That could be the problem...

Would you exercise at around 140 bpm, and follow that speed? that's fast :huh:

Seems not healthy at all to be honest, well I don't know your endurance or how long you have been

working out, but I'm guess almost any reasonable doctor or workout trainer would advise you not to do it...

Would you exercise at around 140 bpm, and follow that speed? that's fast :huh:

Seems not healthy at all to be honest, well I don't know your endurance or how long you have been

working out, but I'm guess almost any reasonable doctor or workout trainer would advise you not to do it...

:)

Maybe one day I will post a clip of me when Im training.