when you scan your collection for mayhem.......what do you choose?

technosomy

this one goes out to you collectors, who still like the feel of plastic in your hands!

sometimes when i drive to work and i tired, or sick of working, i want to listen to madness.

so

when i crouch down and start to scan my goa collection, what jumps out at me?

usually for hard edged psy (oldschool) quite often its, hallucinogen, space tribe, the rhinos, d5, green nuns

comps, balagan, accidental etc, or some nitz, cyan, agneton

lately suomi madness, faggots, eraser vs, anything from 6.d.s.

so my question, what do you choose?

what screams out to you in your times of need that you can rely on to deliver!i have so many cd's that i have probably only heard once, and try to re visit them, but the favs still timeless

I don't know, I actually usually turn to metal when I'm in that kind of mood. Plus I don't have a lot of that type of psy, I usually turn to psy when I'm in the mood for trance, not mayhem. I think I might have more chaotic type of psy on vinyl, which reminds me I need to find the time to convert it.

Lately I've been all over Malevolent Creation when it comes to metal.

Never heard of them before, according to discogs, they go way back (not that long)

But the descriptions look ok at first sight,

So do you prefer their new stuff or rather old?

Actually I'm only familiar with two albums, and I like them both:

Eternal - 1995

Warkult - 2004

Eternal has a more old-school death metal feel, Warkult a more modern feel. The friend who introduced me to them said they really only have a few truly good albums but I've yet to determine that for myself.

This is my favorite song from Warkult:

Oops, I just realized this thread is in the General Psytrance forum and I'm taking it off topic. Sorry!

Thanx for the info, I misleaded you :P , Bad boy!

I don't even don't know if it's off topic, the question is simple and Sir technosomy only suggested trance true,

But I don't know if we have to chose trance...

Then again it's psynews, topics can still be moved,

I only listen to trance when I'm not down, even dark psytrance like kindzadza, cosmo, hihgko etc make me happy or psychedelic. :unsure:

When I feel like you described, I listen to the surroundings: dogs barking, birds, water from the tap, the truck in front of my house. Just don't listen to TV or radio. Or when "white noise" doesn't work, I then look for some fat tech-trance tracks, and most times it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNCm28rIsUE

Pretty much Da Budet in it's entirety. I only listen to it once or twice a year, when I'm in that special kind of place mood-wise, but when I'm there this album always blows my socks not only off but also to total oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...