The "classics" of the last decade?

gimmisyra

Ok, have been checking some out and I REALLY like: Ectima, Midi Miliz and Barby. What kind of psytrance is this?

This is a very good start! I havent found this music on youtube before, just didnt know what to search for but now I have some great music allready! Thanks!

I also liked Onionbrain, Hypogeo and Sensient, What kind is this?

Feels so great with new good music to listen to! Thanks again!

:)

To be honest, one of the reasons why I like those artist is because they just create psytrance with so many different elements, progressive, dark, fullon etc combined

so it's almost impossible to define which subgenre they are.

That's why they are so varied and unique...

I prefer not to categorize them.

I do categorize when suddenly > 100 artist start making a new way off psytrance but 10 is not enough to my ears (my imo)

I call them "crossovers" in my mind, artist that use different marks of the entire concept of psytrance...

Great to hear your vibe btw, enjoy :)

The reason why barby is so great is because he shifts from dark psytrance baselines, to fullon, to progressive and uses a dark atmosphere.

That makes the album so great, but calling it a new genre. I don't know there is actually nothing new he present, he just combines already existing patterns.

The same goes for sensient, I have checked all his albums, have my favorite, but sentient hasn't invented something new imo...

My 2 cents ;)

Btw: have you heard this compilations?

Various Ectoplasma?

knipseln.jpg

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Ectoplasma/release/399462

When I bought this one I was totally sold to the concept... 99% you will love this one...

It's released in 2002, that year your type of music had it highest peak...

I still love it :)

Ok, the reason I would like to know a "subgenre" is because it would be easier to search for my kind of music, I mean I would know what I was looking for. But I guess I like a Dark atmosphere (as sideffect put it) with a mix of progressive and fullon kind of music.

Ok, the reason I would like to know a "subgenre" is because it would be easier to search for my kind of music, I mean I would know what I was looking for. But I guess I like a Dark atmosphere (as sideffect put it) with a mix of progressive and fullon kind of music.

I understand your need for a subgenre, but as long as the majority never decided to accept/call that music into a certain name,

> 90% of the people will have no clue what you are looking for, and using google or other forums won't help.

I knew when this type of psytrance was released around 2000-2002 many people called it "psytek" here in Belgium.

We even had psytek parties for a while... But it didn't have that much success, people wanted melody back then...

I don't know internationally. But the name didn't last long. When compilations got out filled with that type of music,

Compilations like the typical ones, like goa-head, tantrance etc... they called it "psychedelic techno"...

And now 10 years later I notice people calling fast psycho dark psychedelic trance like psykovsky etc "high-tech"....

I wonder how long it will last...

ps: I just entered psytek in google and got many results, maybe you get lucky and it was you are looking for...