6. Forest Bump
DIGITAL MYSTERY TOUR

7. Observer
OMNIMOTION

8. DevaBhanda (Tantric Laswell rmx)
MAKYO

9. Velvet reptile
SOLAR FIELDS

Don't let the sh*tty and unimaginative cover fool you. Talk about mailing it in. There are some quality tracks here. Of course a few have been released before. For example Ice Flow by Vibrasphere was released on Selected Downbeats Vol. 1. I can't believe that project is no more. But I suppose they did about all you could do with their music. Iris Rotation by Aes Dana is of course on the Memory Shell album. But I knew I already had those.

I wanted to see what the other tracks were like.

Seb Taylor's Kaya Project had a female Indian vocal all the way through that annoyed the crap outta me.

Puff Dragon is Steve Good also known as Double Dragon who gave us the Continuum album (as well as compiling this one). Shimmer is a slow dreamy crawl with piano because this is the piano version. It hums and oscillates so good luck getting me off this cloud. De-licious!

Untold From a Renegade has a lengthy eerie opening before switching to a break beat style. It's smooth with long pads and a dark undercurrent. Nice

Forest Bump was a bit of a clanky mess.

Observer has a haunting guitar over a mid tempo beat. Just wish there was a little bit more to it. Still not bad.

Devabhanda has all the world instruments you would expect with a nice break beat. Soothing for sure. A wonderful exotic combination. Like traveling to the Himalayas without leaving the house.

This was a Solar Fields track I had never heard. There's a soft and gentle quality to the Ambient style dub that sounds very organic.

Obviously not essential because the well known tracks are elsewhere, but there are plenty of really good ones here to suit your ambient/downtempo needs.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk