5. Rebirth
ACE VENTURA

6. Born in a new world (Symphonix rmx)
LIQUID SOUL

7. Electro express
FABIO AND DAY-DIN

8. Default
TRUE LIES

"Listen to me...what are we talking about really? We're talking about a journey...a subconscious safari."

Godzillavs_zps7ec0bb97.gif

Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeee!!!!!

You guessed it! In the quest to go through music I haven't listened to in awhile, we have the next installment of Montagu Vs. Golkonda in the Amarasya series. And immediately I attempted to run away from the first track. Boring with a house feel. Spirits dashed I'm then dragged kicking and screaming into an 11 minute XV Kilist remix. Hold up...this is gonna take a little medication.

chemicalproducts_zps31f4adef.jpg

Nope...need more drugs. Oy. The same loop over and over and I wasn't even halfway through. Laughing Guys With Tits is a great title but all I remember is the sample of Vincent Price laughing. Yep, the same one in Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Jeez, what a snoozefest so far. The Liquid Soul track was a little better. Subtle with good effects, yet still managed to be boring. Ace Ventura wields a pretty cool sample and aside from a few boring bits it was by far the best yet. Good usage of effects I must say. Symphonix (which includes Mr. Golkonda) slows things down with a track that makes me feel I'm in a far away dream. It's atmospheric with a less is more take on progressive. Effective.

With Electro Express you can actually sing YMCA to its rhythm. It totally works. Electro hits give it a percussive funkiness that has some appeal.

villagepeople_zps77e94545.gif

"Young man...there's no need to feel down..."

It got better as it went along, but it felt like work. Like I had to work to get into it and really like it. There is too much good music out there where that isn't necessary. And never forget...I'm pretty lazy.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Mdk