Sensient - "The Space Between'

healium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have to agree with you on this one. Crisp production and an array of sounds to keep my mind occupied. I never get bored with Sensient. I've been hooked since Pressure Optimal. But his best release IMO to date is still Antifluoro.

i never got into sensient although i like similar music. i've always found sensient to be too minimal for the "full on" darkprog weirdness of i.e. onionbrain and not hard, bleak or techno-ish enough for to fit into the minimal psytrance stuff i like. but considering the praises his music receives, i think i'll give it another listen.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with you on this one. Crisp production and an array of sounds to keep my mind occupied. I never get bored with Sensient. I've been hooked since Pressure Optimal. But his best release IMO to date is still Antifluoro.

Yea I like "Antifluoro" also but "The Space Between" I like much more. Have yet to hear his new album "The Way of the Sloth" - just release like a week ago -def going to get it!

Padmapani - I wasn't that into Sensient until I heard "The Space Between" - I like his music but didn't quite "get it" until recently - "The Space Between" is probably in my top 10 favorita psytrance albums at this point..

Australians love Sensient. Except me lol.. I can't stand his stuff or almost any of his labels. It is basically just "chunky" minimal to my ears... I don't really consider it psytrance. Blahhh. People seem to love his production and I'm sure he knows his shit, I just find his music boring, and not a good vibe on the df.. Each to their own but!

Seems like a producer who could do very imaginative music if had will... but churns out a little bit blatant pseudo-intellect progressive with little emotional value to it.

Yea I can't imagine most of these tracks are fun to dance to given the "chunky" style of it (I like to dance to the layers in music in addition to the beat or rythm) - and it certainly doesn't have much emotion in it - but it's reeeaaaaally heady and the beats and rythms are just so killer - very distinct vibe he creates in "The Space Between" album - definately moody and cold, but with a serious euphoric groove to it also - it's like he wants you to smile a bit even though the vibe is sort of pseudo-dark.. I didn't like the vibe as much in "Antifluoro" - that album felt like he was trying to make his music more of a fun danceable vibe..

I've found Sensient's tracks to be very abstract and inaccessible sounding to start with - kind of like postmodern art and whatnot - but when I "get" the track it all the suden comes together so perfectly..