1. Hallucinate

2. Indiamagic

3. I Am I

4. Get Wired (Album Remix)

5. Pyramids

6. Phoenix

7. The Doors of Perception

C9JC1Kq.jpg

"Yeah baby, you are the new star. The new "it" project. We're gonna knock those amateurs from Etnica and Dimension 5 right outta the charts. All the elements are here for a classic album. Let's see, we've got a spir itual artist name with equally otherworldly track names. Multicolored cover that hints at previous alien visitation. The music? Why you gotta bring that up?"

"Skip the first track, it's pure filler. If you're gonna title the track Hallucinate you might wanna, I dunno, make the listener hallucinate. Aw f*ck it leave it in there, it costs too much to clean it up. It shows that you're edgy. Besides I spent your studio money at the track. How the hell a dog named Flash could finish last is beyond me. Don't worry, don't worry...Trust me bubbala, I know what I'm doing."

Indiamagic- "This is a delightful tribal goa romp with long evolving pads that seem so exotic to the gullible American audience. Can you just picture the Indian non union equivalent of Eddie Van Halen tearing it up on guitar with ridiculous faces for the camera? The kids'll eat it up I tell ya! I'm sorry did I say guitar? How stupid...I meant sitar!"

y3NSTCK.jpg

"So whattya think the teacher's gonna look like this year?"

I Am I- "Hey...make sure you get that monotonous I AM I chant in there. Nah, I don't give a f*ck how many times the sheeple will eat it up. C'mon they're so whacked out on drugs they won't care. Almost 12 minutes? Perfect! It'll be like a personal conversation with Vishnu or Allah or whoever the f*ck they pray to."

God help me I didn't hate it. I should've. Really should've...but I didn't.

Get Wired (Album Remix)-

"I've got this riff I've been working on."

"Can you milk it for 8 minutes?"

"What? I mean...I guess I could...sure I'll try."

Afm4B5e.png

This was a remix? How f*cking bad was the original?

Pyramids- The intro and the breaks are vivid symphonic phrases that are in constant motion. Almost makes you forget that nothing else is going on. At all. Zero. Although the Top-Gun esque guitar made me smile.

Phoenix- "I said relax, I didn't say stop producing. Bad news...I blew the rest of your per diem on a new venture. Grandmasluts.com...it's gonna be big...HUGE! And wipe that white sh*t off your nose you're gonna get us both arrested. No problem...we'll clean it up in post production. Oh for f*cks sake don't give me the sad puppy dog eyes...everyone does it. How do you think we made Kesha a star? You better start wising up.."

It's more lower tier goa with some very good string work. And that's what keeps happening with this release. On the whole the tracks aren't very good or interesting, but there are parts that are nice that make it easier to overlook the obvious deficiencies.

Doors of Perception- "I dunno what you should call the last one. Who gives a f*ck? They all sound the same anyway. Call it wrinkly ball sac for all I care. Here, let's go to the net. Here's a good one...Doors of Perception. Ha! I knew it, gold! Cosmosis already has this track name so we can just piggy back off of them! Hippies are stupid, all you gotta do is throw them a carrot and they'll follow it."

Aside from the juicy bass line, this track is just wandering around the desert.

I was poised to rip this a new one, but the more I listened to it, the more I found some actual musicality here. It's still goa on that lower level , but as I mentioned before there were instances in the tracks that were very appealing. Essential? Far, far from it. Unless you really like colorful triangles. But I think it's better than a lot of the generic psy coming out these days. Which brings me to their next album released a mere 15 years later called...wait for it...Full Om.

EGeTB8f.gif

Where the hell were you on this one Draeke. Huh? Where.Were.You. Could've had unreleased Eternal Bliss for probably a tenth of what it cost to release Etnica.

You need to speak to my promoter.

Mdk