Goa & psy, technically speaking

Procyon

I was listening to some old CDs, and it came to my mind a musical article I read some time in the 1990s on which the author wrote how mesmerized he felt when he firtst entered a club playing goa trance. One thing glued to my mind: he said he felt immediately confused and at the same time relaxed, and then he made a brief description of the ancient unnatural arabic melody pattern and the effects of the constant rhythmic kick and bassline, in order to explain the confusion (the arabic pattern) and the relaxation (the constant pulsating sounds). I guess these were the main reason goa was so innovating those days, and perhaps if we could find the first artist who had the idea (perhaps unintentionally) of putting on the same track these two elements, we should pay him a tribute. But I wonder also why hasn't any other form of musical 'dope', say, another form of "arabic scale", been created yet. I read more recently that some artists have been working with binaural beats, but they don't work for everybody. Just like hypnose, not everybody can be hypnotized. Do you guys know any other form of trancing elements that are being used. Or more importantly, is anyone trying experimenting with new elements?

Do you know of any artist who released great tracks but that weren't written in high-end softwares? I mean, I was reading the music production section and got curious about some comments that what really matters is the creativity (of course), and not techniques and softwares used. Using this topic about tecnicalities, I would like to learn more about artists who wrote great psy/goa tracks in simple softwares.

Im sorry, I didnt read the whole thread, but Id say that most(?) of goa trance artists in 80s-90s wrote their music without fancy software.

When computers kicked in some of artists started to use them as either sequencers or as samplers.

Do you know of any artist who released great tracks but that weren't written in high-end softwares? I mean, I was reading the music production section and got curious about some comments that what really matters is the creativity (of course), and not techniques and softwares used. Using this topic about tecnicalities, I would like to learn more about artists who wrote great psy/goa tracks in simple softwares.

I wouldn't call the softwares simple, even back in the 80s. On another note I heard people were amazed with how much orichalchum can do with the equipment he had available.