2. Evergreen

3. Iao

4. Ancient Lands

5. Opal Aqua

6. Bioluminessence

7. Clover

8. Amaryllis Dreams

9. Summerland

Beatless Ambient is an acquired taste. You have to hold the listener's attention in other ways when you treat the kick drum as if it were a pedophile otherwise you stray into drone territory. And that is a whole nother level of catatonia. Ishq is Matt Hillier and this is one of his numerous albums. Very prolific he is. This one is kind of like a compilation of some of the tracks he made from 2001 to 2012. Are they unreleased? I dunno, it's not like I would remember if they were. The title is perfect as it moves slowly (sometimes excruciatingly) like the opening of a spring flower. It is extremely relaxing with slow attack rates and long pads amidst the sounds of nature.

Stop me if you've heard him do that before.

As someone who is go go all the time this forces me to slow down and let it unfold at it's own pace. Iao is 15 minutes of said beatless ambient that had me contemplating the universe as well as hurry the f*ck up I gotta make dinner for my kids.

So I'm of two minds with this release. Obviously it can be super relaxing as he keeps to the theme with slow moving textures and makes you feel at one with the planet.

On the other hand do you know how much I can get done in 15 minutes? I often found myself trying to get behind the track and push it along. Maybe I cannot relax or get that deep into meditation to delve into a track that takes forever to get where it's going. Then there are a few tracks of very short length that are just a pad with a slow attack and a long delay. That's not a song...that's a note.

I suppose if you've finished your honey do list and needed something to help you to sleep, this would work.

Mdk

I love this album. IMO it's in the top 3 of Ishq.

T2MU the only way to fully appreciate Ishq's music is too lay down, close your eyes, turn off the lights and put your headphones/earphones on. Trust me it will be a trip.

I love this album. IMO it's in the top 3 of Ishq.

T2MU the only way to fully appreciate Ishq's music is too lay down, close your eyes, turn off the lights and put your headphones/earphones on. Trust me it will be a trip.

That is exactly what I did the fourth time I listened to it. And I fell asleep. So if that was his objective, mission accomplished.

Mdk

That is exactly what I did the fourth time I listened to it. And I fell asleep. So if that was his objective, mission accomplished.

Mdk

I also fall asleep with beatless ambient. I think it's a positive thing though.