2 - Jayex - United Sound Experience

3 - San-Kari - Muladhara

4 - PharaOm - Mastaba

5 - Sleeping Buddha - Acid Pyramidian

6 - Laughing Skull - Golgolet Beats Shiva

7 - Jayex - Jupiter

8 - Galactic Mantra - Temple of Cosmic Sun

9 - Faxi Nadu - Cry Life

First release from the new founded label moontrip records. Luna Nova, or new moon, predisposes us for a dark approach as the inspiring beautiful cover art, expressing effectively the mystic essence of psychedelic trance.

-------------------------------------------------

The first track starts dark and monotonous, with a midtempo rhythm, simple but effective. An indian like melody gets in, in a dark perspective. It continues in this way with ethereal effects coming in and out. It reminds me a bit of Twin Sharkfins mixture of hindu spirit in compositions along with a spacey perspective. Great track, midtempo but effective, makes you get in it, very psychedelic.

Second track. Starts with celestial atmospheres, making it sentimental, and that's its direction, melodies and lines in trance style with a nostalgic sound. The atmosphere is wonderfull, great lines and buildings. At the final part, a melody gets in which sounds energetic in the beginning but has also some nitzhogoa influences, good and interesting along with other lines chord. The track closes with a bassline diversity and it's atmosphere.

Third track. An simple acid line ends in a massive and deep start. The track continues alike with a mid tempo and with accompanying chords to the main melody theme. In the final part, it gets again and even more massive creating depth, feeling and nrg. Nice track. Although it has an oriental texture a bit too open for my taste, i think it's soberness, keeps it in a goa way.

Fourth track. Start with an egyptian atmosphere and weird liquid effects. The rhythmical effects are bit too playful and try to give nrg, but the massive melody and its chord inspire us of nostalgia. Great floating lines and chords of a background melody that gives the feeling to the rest. This synthesis has a rich atmosphere creating depth and floatation. At the final part, after an atmospheric and simple passage, a magic melody sends us out of this world. I only didn't like too much the rhythmical playful effects in the most parts, but i might get used to it.

Fifth track opens with a dark enviroment. It starts very good with great lines and sounds, a dark take-off in a midtempo pace. The building creates depth and a interest to follow, but the addition (from 2:07 until 2:34 and main melody 3:16 to 4:25) of this kind of oriental melodies, of a Bollywood style, it's quite foreign for my goa standards and taste, afterwhich a deep rich texture initiate us into mystical paths, a very nice passage leading to the atmospheric end.

It is an attemp of the synthesis to mix dark goa with oriental trance.

Sixth track, begins with an acid strong line. The track doesn't delay to reveal its essense and classification. It's nitzhonot / oriental trance. It's a wellmade composition for the followers of this style, full of variation, but not for my cup of tea.

Seventh track. A more fast paced strong beat accompanied by drums fades in a brief intriguing intro. It is a more minimal composition with the exception of a nice melody making it's appearence at the half of the track and the final part, in which alot more is happening though managing to keep its line and itself in the theme. Very nice track.

Eighth track commences with a full-on tribal beat from the beginning along with lounge sounding samples and sweet lines. I think its a more club approach. There is some goa influences at some passages, mainly around the half and an oriental turn at the final part. The track is ending in it's lounge tribal full-on beating. Again, not my cup of tea.

Final track. A slower mid tempo under a continuous atmosphere. Nice acid lines and a mesmerising build up along with the atmosphere creating a more deep enviroment. The addition of a lounge-style line makes the track more mellow, but not annoying. This chill-out atmosphere returns after a passage of samples and builds-up. Nice track.

All in all, a compilation that some of its parts focus to a more dark goa approach, while some others please more oriental or mellow affinities.

I find myself in the first direction along with the mellow tracks, which do not differentiate from the authentic spirit.

Personaly, i prefer mostly, compilations of certain direction.

moontrip records, here in its first release, presented to us, in many parts, a new appearance of good goa trance creations trying to take a distance from the plasticity of the new school sound. That is very promising, and as a mystic and a follower of this sound, i am waiting from moontrip to extend in this direction.

First release from the new founded label moontrip records. Luna Nova, or new moon, predisposes us for a dark approach as the inspiring beautiful cover art, expressing effectively the mystic essence of psychedelic trance.

The first track starts dark and monotonous, with a midtempo rhythm, simple but effective. An indian like melody gets in, in a dark perspective. It continues in this way with ethereal effects coming in and out. It reminds me a bit of Twin Sharkfins mixture of hindu spirit in compositions along with a spacey perspective. Great track, midtempo but effective, makes you get in it, very psychedelic.

Second track. Starts with celestial atmospheres, making it sentimental, and that's its direction, melodies and lines in trance style with a nostalgic sound. The atmosphere is wonderfull, great lines and buildings. At the final part, a melody gets in which sounds energetic in the beginning but has also some nitzhogoa influences, good and interesting along with other lines chord. The track closes with a bassline diversity and it's atmosphere.

Third track. An simple acid line ends in a massive and deep start. The track continues alike with a mid tempo and with accompanying chords to the main melody theme. In the final part, it gets again and even more massive creating depth, feeling and nrg. Nice track. Although it has an oriental texture a bit too open for my taste, i think it's soberness, keeps it in a goa way.

Fourth track. Start with an egyptian atmosphere and weird liquid effects. The rhythmical effects are bit too playful and try to give nrg, but the massive melody and its chord inspire us of nostalgia. Great floating lines and chords of a background melody that gives the feeling to the rest. This synthesis has a rich atmosphere creating depth and floatation. At the final part, after an atmospheric and simple passage, a magic melody sends us out of this world. I only didn't like too much the rhythmical playful effects in the most parts, but i might get used to it.

Fifth track opens with a dark enviroment. It starts very good with great lines and sounds, a dark take-off in a midtempo pace. The building creates depth and a interest to follow, but the addition (from 2:07 until 2:34 and main melody 3:16 to 4:25) of this kind of oriental melodies, of a Bollywood style, it's quite foreign for my goa standards and taste, afterwhich a deep rich texture initiate us into mystical paths, a very nice passage leading to the atmospheric end.

It is an attemp of the synthesis to mix dark goa with oriental trance.

Sixth track, begins with an acid strong line. The track doesn't delay to reveal its essense and classification. It's nitzhonot / oriental trance. It's a wellmade composition for the followers of this style, full of variation, but not for my cup of tea.

Seventh track. A more fast paced strong beat accompanied by drums fades in a brief intriguing intro. It is a more minimal composition with the exception of a nice melody making it's appearence at the half of the track and the final part, in which alot more is happening though managing to keep its line and itself in the theme. Very nice track.

Eighth track commences with a full-on tribal beat from the beginning along with lounge sounding samples and sweet lines. I think its a more club approach. There is some goa influences at some passages, mainly around the half and an oriental turn at the final part. The track is ending in it's lounge tribal full-on beating. Again, not my cup of tea.

Final track. A slower mid tempo under a continuous atmosphere. Nice acid lines and a mesmerising build up along with the atmosphere creating a more deep enviroment. The addition of a lounge-style line makes the track more mellow, but not annoying. This chill-out atmosphere returns after a passage of samples and builds-up. Nice track.

All in all, a compilation that some of its parts focus to a more dark goa approach, while some others please more oriental or mellow affinities.

I find myself in the first direction along with the mellow tracks, which do not differentiate from the authentic spirit.

Personaly, i prefer mostly, compilations of certain direction.

moontrip records, here in its first release, presented to us, in many parts, a new appearance of good goa trance creations trying to take a distance from the plasticity of the new school sound. That is very promising, and as a mystic and a follower of this sound, i am waiting from moontrip to extend in this direction.

Thank you for your review Depths/No Hits! .

Luna Nova is now on discogs , everybody are welcome to contribute for this release and future ones.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Luna-Nova/release/4276740

• 1 month later...

LunaNova_zps385b3935.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Luna Nova

Label: Moontrip Records

Date: February, 2013

1 - Goamora - Bouncing Between Realms

2 - Jayex - United Sound Experience

3 - San-Kari - Muladhara

4 - PharaOm - Mastaba

5 - Sleeping Buddha - Acid Pyramidian

6 - Laughing Skull - Golgolet Beats Shiva

7 - Jayex - Jupiter

8 - Galactic Mantra - Temple of Cosmic Sun

9 - Faxi Nadu - Cry Life

sigh_zps74d2743f.gif

Moontrip. Any other name in any other language and nobody bats an eye. Nobody gives a f*ck if you call your new label smelly wet dog or half inch penis pump or Fat Buddha records. But Moontrip? You're not fooling anyone.

Wunderkind and compulsive Facebook poster Filipe Santos decided to chose the above label name to be the antithesis to established and well respected goa trance label Suntrip. Where they are light he offers the other side of the coin. Obviously there is history here, but I cannot hear any of that because I'm too busy listening to all the stellar music he makes.

Can ignore a lot when you have a track record like Filipe does.

Whether it's as Lost Buddha or Amithaba Buddha or Transgendered Buddha his music is always superb so let's ignore the dubious label name choice. We're all on the same side right? The more labels releasing goa trance the better things will be for the entire community. So without further ado here is Filipe's debut compilation under his new label. Some projects you know and some you don't.

Bouncing Between Realms- Sinister with its feet sloshing through dark waters. Kind of minimal to begin with until that synth line grows in volume and intensity.

United Sound Experience- Another darkish track more focused on the journey with every sound easily heard. The break fosters a delicate arpeggio that floats on a moonbeam smoothly dodging the creatures of the night. Melodic and drifting. Thumbs up!

Muladhara- Not bad, there is a bubbling quality to it. A little thin, but not bad.

Mastaba- Mr. Tesseract releases an older track of his that has a twisting lead. It also has this annoying scratching sound. Take the good with the bad I guess. Do you not spit game to a chick with big boobs if she has a lazy eye? Let's not be so shallow.

Acid Pyramidian- Man you can see a Filipe track a mile away can't you. Well maybe if you're that chick with the lazy eye you can't. Bubbling layers of delicious goa goodness. Well done sir!

Golgolet Beats Shiva- Laughing Skull? Never heard of him, but when you bring a smash like this to the table who cares? He delivers and absolute buttery Ritz cracker with a racing tempo and thick melodic lead. Shimmering and reflective, Golgolet didn't just beat Shiva...f*cking smoked him. Or her. I'm, I'm not sure which...

Jupiter- Jayex is back with an organic track that is a bit on the light side. I loved the sitar melody and breakbeat. Smoldering with good alien sounds it was ultimately disappointing. Jupiter is big. Like a planet full of blond nymphomaniac Amazonian women.

amazonplanet_zps6f3f1489.jpg

This was more along the lines of Uranus. Which is not a commentary on the planet of blond nymphomaniac Amazonian women. But it could be. I would need a step ladder to shave that chicks legs.

Temple of the Cosmic Sun- While not impressed with his Wings of Time EP I'm not ready to shut the door on this artist. Maybe. It's a brighter track than all of the rest and doesn't seem to fit. Very melodic. Fluffy? Like a goose down comforter.

Cry Life- With the final track Moontrip turns to Israeli Faxi Nadu for a mid tempo bit of moodiness. It's like wandering through a fog of images that holds onto that dark theme. Not bad.

It wasn't long after Filipe announced the creation of Moontrip that this compilation was trotted out. And it shows. Some of the tracks were really good with the standouts being the new Buddha incarnation Acid Pyramidian as well as the shiny Laughing Skull track. Others like Bouncing Between Realms showed some lush and descriptive properties. But too many others were of the meh variety. Ok, but nothing to write home about.

So for me the first compilation of Moontrip Records was decent, but not essential. I look forward to what Filipe can do with more time under his belt. When artists feel he's serious about this label and not just creating something on the net at the drop of a hat. No question I will follow his releases because all he does is make great tracks. Regardless of history or questionable label name choices the man has earned my respect as a goa trance producer. All that matters to me is the music.

Lead the way sir.

Get it at a good price here!

Mdk

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm a bit late to the party it seems, I just discovered the awesomeness that is Sleeping Buddha-Acid Pyramidian. What a nice and different style for Lost Buddha, it sounds a bit like Mindsphere's Inner Cyclone stylewise, but even more oriental somehow. It has a very good tempo and is never too hectic, balanced would be an apt desctription.

It is very acidic, the melodies are more ornate, camouflaged and spiraled than we are used to hear from Lost Buddha/Amithaba Buddha. The intro to the track is a bit reminiscent of MFG-Why, a very welcome change of direction, an album in this style would have been great.

Too bad that none of the four different compilations it appears on are available to purchase anymore. All associated label accounts have been deleted on bandcamp etc. It's currently only available on youtube.