Etnica - Live In Athens 1996

Trance2MoveU

I haven't lost my sense of perspective and I also think this track is awesome, just that "overused" sample doesn't make me feel conveniet if I stumble upon it. Yes, that particular sample disgusts me, not the track and not the artist, because here the sample is just a tiny part of otherwise well turned-out piece. The topic of sampling itself is an interesting subject for sensible further discussion and it is not only my opinion in today's comments in the thread linked above.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have no idea why this is the first time Im sitting through this album... THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING! Beats I.F.O. easily for me :wub:

I was about to buy this but then I found it in my CD collection. How could I have forgotten I bought it?? It's great and needs more play time.

Phthalic Vibes is clipping in the last minute. Since no one else mentioned it, I wonder if it is just my copy.

Hmm, probably because this CD's duration exceeds 80 minutes...

I tried ripping these CDs to FLAC and the last track just refuses to rip. Extremely frustrating :(

Really! :o strange that it took you this long to reach here.
But glad you finally found it ;) it's one hell of a cd!

The history behind this release makes it more special I guess.

This live album got me into Goa. Ha ha, I still remember borrowing a friend's credit card to order this and people over here were convinced I am idiot to spend money on a cd :lol: I couldn't care less & after a long wait it was here. Beautiful memory. Funny thing was, there was no CD player to play the cd :lol: the same happened with Etnica vinyl too. Bought the vinyl first then went on to get a turntable :D

Once again Long live DAT!

I was about to buy this but then I found it in my CD collection. How could I have forgotten I bought it?? It's great and needs more play time.

I guess this album holds some kind of a spell that makes you forget it for a decade and then rediscover it again :)

I tried ripping these CDs to FLAC and the last track just refuses to rip. Extremely frustrating :(

Seriously, how can you've forgotten that you'd bought it?! :lol: By the way, Draeke was kind enough to send me the file of this track, which is one of my favourites along with Rotating Fields, Floating Universe & Time Dilation.

Seriously, how can you've forgotten that you'd bought it?! :lol: By the way, Draeke was kind enough to send me the file of this track, which is one of my favourites along with Rotating Fields, Floating Universe & Time Dilation.

Did you have the same issue? Maybe a begging email is in order :P

• 11 months later...

Well, it been a year of repeated listening to this awesome release and still keep discovering new 'things' in the songs.

At this point only can pray if they could regroup and create more music.

As pointed earlier, these tracks has some elements which makes us feel it wasn't created by humans.

However i wish to ask if there was ever a full track of "Plastic" as in this live mix released and available ?

It sounds so different and amazing from the Plastic 1997 release, the 2nd repetition of the main synth work is missing from

the cropped track along with the climax as in full version.

• 1 year later...

Very curious about this album. :) The artwork seems very nice from what I can see on discogs. A bit of a holographic vibe I guess?