Dimension 5 - Transstellar will be there soon! :)

Still on this subject: isn't it worthy selling in iTunes? Thing is: people who visit iTunes tend to buy tracks there, iTunes may eat a large part of the sale, but the label's share multiplied by the number of people who buy it makes it profitable for both sides. Not the perfect solution, but that's what I read about rock bands: if you sell in iTunes, you have a small profit. If you don't sell there, then you don't sell.

Another side to it is that iTunes has millions of visitors per hour, the chance of someone stumbling upon your material is bigger than selling to a niche crowd. Well, my 2 cents.

Well, that's an interesting question!

It has 2 serious reasons:

Reason 1: the financial side of things... Suntrip has only 1 mission: to give you guys the best music... ON cd... :) Because the territory of cds is losing more and more support, this is becoming harder and harder... We are in the digital world, but those sales aren't good enough to make the cd-loss good... A cd sold via psyshop gives only around 6€, a cd sold by the shop almost 8€. This difference seems small, but it's the difference between life and death. With those limited releases more people will buy with us directly (the less people in between, the better for the label of course)

Reason 2: the LE (Limited Editions) is the music for the freaks. Music for people that are totally into goa... The goal is to release the 4.5/5 releases there (releases which are just a very little too short to be sold on real cd), like this we don't have to pay a lot for a total failed cd release. (because costs for a "real" cd release are much higher). For instance Innersphere sold decent in the mean time, but if we would have printed 1000 cds, we would have a BIG pile of cds left...

So, the 4.5/5 releases, and the re-releases as well... (and that is what the D5 release is afterall). Ok, it is a compilation of released tracks, but lots of goa die hards have them already, so it is of no use for them... They can keep buying the "new" releases of Suntrip :)

Last but not least, shipping + 1 cd is 13€, which is not too much imo... If you buy with psyshop, it would be 11 because of bulk shipping, but well, those 2€ keep Suntrip alive :)

Ok, I hope this explains :)

Is this the name of the joint project between Mindsphere and Innerspace or is that Mindspace I'm thinking of? I'll buy 10 copies of that please. :lol:

Still on this subject: isn't it worthy selling in iTunes? Thing is: people who visit iTunes tend to buy tracks there, iTunes may eat a large part of the sale, but the label's share multiplied by the number of people who buy it makes it profitable for both sides. Not the perfect solution, but that's what I read about rock bands: if you sell in iTunes, you have a small profit. If you don't sell there, then you don't sell.

Another side to it is that iTunes has millions of visitors per hour, the chance of someone stumbling upon your material is bigger than selling to a niche crowd. Well, my 2 cents.

I would also recommend Bandcamp for digital distribution. The label / producer gets a much higher payout percentage than iTunes, plus they can also handle distribution for CDs and other merchandise if you like. I've also noticed recently that more and more goa / psy producers and labels are putting their catalogs on Bandcamp (eg, Cosmosis, Crop Circles, Glowing Flame Records, Geomagnetic, Beatspace, etc). Why not take advantage of an easy way to monetize all of your releases, even the old ones.

On a personal note, I have no particular yen for plastic disks. I am quite satisfied with high quality digital downloads, and I am much more likely to pay for them if they are easily available at Bandcamp or Beatport (I refuse to buy from iTunes, and Amazon digital quality is poor).

FWIW

I personally don't buy digital downloads any more. I had once bought Merr0w and Radical Distortion's albums through digital downloads but my hard drive died and now I would have to illegally download both albums somewhere to get them back. It's been plastic discs ever since then. God bless suntrip for continuing to release cd copies of their albums. Besides, have you seen some of the artwork in them? That's worth holding in your hands.

I personally don't buy digital downloads any more. I had once bought Merr0w and Radical Distortion's albums through digital downloads but my hard drive died and now I would have to illegally download both albums somewhere to get them back. It's been plastic discs ever since then. God bless suntrip for continuing to release cd copies of their albums. Besides, have you seen some of the artwork in them? That's worth holding in your hands.

Most e-music stores keep a register of your downloading, so you can do it again using the same account.

• 2 weeks later...

Their first 12". It's not Goa, so ? It's the music of that time. I understand a lot here don't like this kind of music but I do. I have a soft spot for UK Hardcore-Breakbeat, being 36 yrs old now back then was the music I remember first.

http://www.discogs.com/Dimension-5-Utopia/release/133309

Their 2nd Hardcore-Techno EP:

http://www.discogs.com/Dimension-5-Untitled/release/1353382

Then round it up with this one:

http://www.discogs.com/Dimension-5-Utopia/release/160357

I guess if this materialises you'd have to create a sublabel, maybe called HardTrip ;)

Which tracks/Vinyls do you want to see extra released?

Light Sensitive Data

UFO

Glow

Trancefix

Cranial Meltdown

Judson J. Eiloart - Orion (Cranial Remix Dimension 5)

some of these its not melodic etcetc etc i know :)

I am finally getting to dig into and appreciate this after immersing myself in TransAddendum, and adding my review of that album in the 2013 section here: Dimension 5 - TransAddendum

I have never heard ANY of these songs before this release. Though some listeners have, some haven't.

But why release them so close? I would have waited a few months maybe, built anticipation so that the second is not overcast by the quench of the first but that's me. The general Goa fan won't care the timing I imagine. If anything, he/she will want them as soon as available! No need to explain really. I'm just happy they're here! Thanks guys for bringing back our favorite music from over the years! :)

Hi folks,

To me, TransStellar is their best album (even given the fact that they are all rare vinyl tracks compiled). All of the tracks are dancefloor stormers and, even though it is hard just to pick one, Ganymede is the winner!

Thank You Suntrip!