02 - Hallucinogenic Gas (146 BPM)
03 - Killer Chemicals (147 BPM)
04 - The Fallen (148 BPM)
05 - Sacred Geometry (147 BPM)
06 - Metamorphasys (148 BPM)
07 - Broken (148 BPM)
08 - Wordclock (148 BPM)
09 - Puff (152 BPM)
"I've been trying to explain it to you all along...you just can't seem to grasp it."
Dash Hawkins sounds like a superhero. In truth he is from South Africa and if he was a superhero he would clear out all the sharks so a brother can surf without getting eaten. Yeah like I would be able to visit South Africa. Or surf. But I digress.
He is from South Africa and it's been too long since we've discussed South African psytrance. Well that ends today. He brings dark melodies, eerie atmospheres, and that frenetic pace that aficionados of that part of our genre love. Killer Chemicals is a metallic rattler and The Fallen takes some darkpsy inspiration with some crazy sounds.
geometryfunny_zpse1bf77e4.jpg
Pffft....x. You're not even f*cking trying anymore. The South African Goodness continues with Sacred Geometry and its punchy bass line and ricocheting sounds. Metamorphasys and Broken have it all, (with Broken a little less so) spooky intro, twilight style effects, and a thumping bass line.
It wasn't bad. Think of it like a sHiFt starter kit or one of the artists that Timecode or Nexus Media could take under their wing. It had all the elements, but it lacks a little polish. Some more variation would've been nice and of course what self respecting South African trancer doesn't push the acid envelope.
There is promise here young Paduan.

Mdk

• 3 years later...