Hinkstep - Sunrise From The Treetops

Trance2MoveU

Hinkstep-SunriseFromTheTreetops_zps82dd5

Artist: Hinkstep

Title: Sunrise From The Treetops

Label: Omnitropic

Date: October, 2011

1 - Sunrise From The Treetops (126 BPM; 9/4)
2 - Moonwalk On Mushroom Street (80 BPM)
3 - Dreamland Dub (120 BPM; 6/4)
4 - Medusa (67.2 BPM)
5 - Aldrig Mer (130 BPM; 6/4)
6 - So Beautiful So Strange (75 BPM)
7 - Sleep Again (120 BPM)
beyonce_zps4774a2ba.gif
Good God Beyonce is hot.
Oh, are we on? I'm always on the hunt for great music and boy did I stumble onto a winner here. Are you bored with 4/4 music? Would you love to hear an artist stretch some boundaries without making the music unlistenable? How about spending an evening alone with Sasha Fierce? Yeah me too. But I can help with two of those.
Hinkstep is Jonas Tegenfeldt from Sweden and he fucking knocks it out of the park with his debut. It's brimming with excellent musicianship bringing psychedelia together with spiritual and tribal elements. When was the last time you heard a trombone in psychedelic music that didn't seem out of place? I'll tell you...never. Uncountable gentle melodies take you over the mountaintop in a slow glide, never rushing. Vast as a Montana sky it sometimes reminds me of the path taken by Kitaro on the Silk Road with more ethnic variables.
I cannot choose a favorite because they are all awesome tracks. I even liked the cheesy vocal in So Beautiful when he got all auto tuney. This is a stairway to heaven created by the sun's ultimate warmth perfect for relaxing or embarking on a journey of self discovery.
And it's free.
Spectacularly epic.
Mdk