Question/suggestion

What I found that there is not so much info about psytrance/goatrance/forest trance sound design. There are lots of youtube tutorials about bass/kick/lead/pad sounds, which in general are easy to create :)

Also if you don't know trancemakers personally from big schools (balkan, isra,japan..) you have a tough way to go.

I'm talking about:

-Pitch/cutoff/Lfo/gate/arp techniques

-FM techniques

-Automation of parameters

Currenty I'm really want to find good or great tutorials on FM synthesis for psytrance - that rich with harmonics sound with delays, especially used in progressive and low vibrating sounds used in forest music..

Anyone wants to share?

A good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oCJfv-cG2c

This one from Cosmosis, i like his lead :)

Be sure to check other tutorial on his channel about classic 3 psy trance bass lines. I never used 'classic' basses, like to have my own and also it depends of inspiration and style you are making :)

FM is a bitch. I never get what I'm trying for.

I never get anything i wanted lol

Finished school for telecommunications, so i understand a bit signals, freqs... modulations but not big help really. Best thing in my case is to tweak few things random and if after sounds cool i am happy :lol: