Life after deaht and god

radi6404

Thanks Veracohr, I get confused with Latin words that have different spellings in different languages. Innate in English, "nato" in Portuguese.

On the topic: I agree with you, but this innate feeling that shortening life is wrong, points to something else beyond beyond biological needs. We feel a need to 'complete' our number of days of our lives, not because of satisfying our daily physical needs only, but because of a subtle sense that I call "moral", as if we have a compromise to a deal we know we can't break up on our own. As if we have a deal with something, someone. IMO.

Expressing my opinion =/= arguing.

Yes, I know. Insulting people isn't arguing either. Arguing involves using actual arguments to advance one's position, which is much harder than stating opinions as if they were facts and making personal attacks on anyone whose opinions differ. So it's not surprising that you're not here to argue.

I don't have to argue against things that have no evidence backing it(super natural, religion, etc..) . That would be a waste of my time. I understand that me saying religious fanatics have no place in modern society may offend you but trust me its nothing personal.

I ask this: if life is nothing more than a sucession of days that will come to an end eventually, so why man has this nate need to survive? Why do we have the nate feeling that making life shorter is so wrong?

Life is more than meets the eyes.

you have it backwards. if life were MORE than a succession of days, why do we feel the need to survive? i mean if there was something else, why try so hard to preserve what we have here? perhaps we feel such a strong need to survive because we know that every moment is precious because this is all we get. that line of logic sounds far more sound to me.

I ask this: if life is nothing more than a sucession of days that will come to an end eventually, so why man has this nate need to survive? Why do we have the nate feeling that making life shorter is so wrong?

Life is more than meets the eyes.

this is an easy one. if you don't care about your own life, you'll likely not live long enough to reproduce. so such individuals die out quickly, so valuing life gives you a huge advantage in survival. if you have a trait that is present in half of the population and gives a 10% lower chance of reproducing, it will only be present in 20% after about 20 generations and will be completely gone after 60 generations. but were talking about a much larger disadvantage here.

a more sensible (but still too low) number would be 60% disadvantage. i just tried a dominant allele with that number in this cool population genetics simulation tool ( http://www.radford.edu/~rsheehy/Gen_flash/popgen/ ) i just found with a population of 500, and the allele with the disadvantage was gone in under 10 generations.

I just came from the top of the mountain... I heard the voice of Cod!

He told me of your troubles young radi, and I am here to guide the!

Do not fear His word my son, deaht is a beautiful thing! The glory of Rome doth not compare!

Walk in His light and many spendiferous things will happen. It is true that if you die with His will you will awaken in Paradise with 1000 virgin women at your side!

Rejoice my brother! For we are saved.

I just came from the top of the mountain... I heard the voice of Cod!

He told me of your troubles young radi, and I am here to guide the!

Do not fear His word my son, deaht is a beautiful thing! The glory of Rome doth not compare!

Walk in His light and many spendiferous things will happen. It is true that if you die with His will you will awaken in Paradise with 1000 virgin women at your side!

Rejoice my brother! For we are saved.

Man, whatever drugs you're taking it is surely working: you do sound like a loonie-tunes character.

After death, Boris Blenn is waiting for you.

:lol: .....with Skazi on guitar!

Sometimes I believe there's more to it all than that what meets the eye, so to speak ..... on other times I think there really is no meaning of life and life is just there because "it" want's to "live" .... some sort of biological persistancy ....and religion is just "invented" because mankind cannot grasp the simple fact that life is pointless or meaningless ....