Heavy metal.

exotic

I don't know what you mean about the lampshade, but I believe the two guys behind Plant are Bono and Steve Tyler (or maybe Jim Morrison, in which case it's a really shitty drawing of his face).

e: OIC what you mean about the lampshade. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Bono with a halo.

awsome pic, who did it?

no idea, just browsed a facebook page and there it was,

Pity Bono is there, that's all (although I like his older music a bit)

I have been listening to some metal because of this topic, thanx btw.

Amorphis - Elegy

My Dying Bride ‎– The Angel And The Dark River

Offspring - Ixnay On The Hombre

Since I'm a fan of those groups and posted my favorites and you picked other albums as your favorites I couldn't resist checking them.

Offspring is still in my playlist.

The Amorphis album is great. I like it a lot, and it's a keeper, I would love to have this one original but it's old, so the search is on.

The tracks My Kantele and Relief are perfect. Nothing tops the track "black winter day" to my ears but those come very close.

Very melodic and atmospheric, symphonic metal just the way I like it, thanx for the recommendation!

The My dying bride album is good but nothing too special. It is less varied compared to my favorite "like gods of the sun", (imo)

but a perfect example off how "doom metal" should sound containing all the elements proud and presented.

People who like psychedelic music, might like this video (and music aswell), one of my favorite progressive bands

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRbnY8EK4Ew

I have listened to the entire album and it's good but it's way too fast for me.

Many black metal these days tend to increase their drum speed too fast direction death metal.

And I don't like that speed, i'm not a fan of death metal. I used to listen to "cannibal corpse, Deicide when I was younger", but those days are over.

I prefer it a bit slower, not that fast. But still I enjoyed the album.

Then again the genre black metal and death metal gets switched so much it's almost impossible to know which is which,

I have my own perspective, but If I check the internet it's not what others think.

(Deicide for example is called black metal on wikipedia and to be honest that can't be more death metal then any other group imo)

I also checked "type of negative" - "october rust" some weeks ago,

I already knew this album from youth and it's still a masterpiece,

Great voice, good atmosphere, love the concept but sometimes some different riffs or a guitar solo would be great, but still :)

I've been listening to "Tool" a lot lately, I've heard this name many times before,

but always thought it was some pop metal (crying oasis) stuff,

but I was wrong, Tool is pretty damn good!

Keep the metal coming!

I'm going for Pantera - cowboys from hell today B)

And this one should be posted!

http-~~-//youtu.be/zUwEIt9ez7M

I have listened to the entire album and it's good but it's way too fast for me.

Many black metal these days tend to increase their drum speed too fast direction death metal.

And I don't like that speed, i'm not a fan of death metal. I used to listen to "cannibal corpse, Deicide when I was younger", but those days are over.

I prefer it a bit slower, not that fast. But still I enjoyed the album.

Then again the genre black metal and death metal gets switched so much it's almost impossible to know which is which,

I have my own perspective, but If I check the internet it's not what others think.

(Deicide for example is called black metal on wikipedia and to be honest that can't be more death metal then any other group imo)

Between The Buried And Me doesn't got anything in common with black or death metal, it's pure progressive metal with -core edge, pretty much experimental and different than any other progressive metal band. On the other hand, drums are something that makes this band perfect to my ears, it got a lot of variations and perfect dosage of slow, but yet technicly interesting parts and blastbeats and double-bass works. Overall I wouldn't call it fast, afterall it's not extreme drumming like in a bunch of technical death metal bands (Nile, Psycroptic, The Faceless, etc.). To give you an example, here is BTBAM drummer:

Speaking about 'fast' and extreme drumming, here is an example of how it should sound (at least for my own taste):

Conclusion - drums are essential part of metal music and I couldn't imagine some extreme band without use of techniques such as blastbeats or double-basses.

More than correct, nice vid's btw, but the problem is my taste has changed I guess, meaning that somehow I can't stand the fast drums anymore. (I used to love them)

Even when they are not that fast preciously. Maybe I'm getting old :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

not my fav song of theirs, but i love all priest

really miss the shreading madness of kk and tips

out of curiosity whats your fav album?

i have only heard British steel.. and i really like what i heard. the 30 th anniversary album live version is fantastic. the other albums didn't really catch me ... i have to listen to them now though, might just hit the spot like rapid fire in the car yesterday .. was almost as if the car picked up speed on its own, honest to god . :D

what would you recommend other than Iron maiden if i were to ask you for some recommendations similar to priest ?